Slayer

MFC

Trooper
I havn't seen a topic of Slayer, so i decided to make one.

What does others here think about Slayer?
For me it is the best Trash Metal band ever!!! :D

Feel free to write anything you want about Slayer :)

They are my second favorite thrash band behind Anthrax. Yes, they are awesome. So awesome I named my cat Slayer.

Reign in Blood
South Of Heaven
Seasons in the Abyss
^ These are all classic albums
World Painted Blood (That's the new album)

Am I the only one who thinks that The Antichrist is one of their best songs?

Havn't heard it yet, gonna do it now.
I think Skeletons of Society is one of the best songs! :shred:

Asides from a few songs I think Slayer are incredibly boring and massively overrated. After seeing them live three times at festivals my stance has not altered. There has been no evolution in Slayer's sound since 'Reign in Blood' so every album has sounded pretty much the same as every other Slayer album. Influential they may be but in my opinion Testament are a much better Thrash band and the one Kreator album I've heard wipes the floor with anything Slayer have done.

Black Wizard said:
Asides from a few songs I think Slayer are incredibly boring and massively overrated. After seeing them live three times at festivals my stance has not altered. There has been no evolution in Slayer's sound since 'Reign in Blood' so every album has sounded pretty much the same as every other Slayer album. Influential they may be but in my opinion Testament are a much better Thrash band and the one Kreator album I've heard wipes the floor with anything Slayer have done.
I think most of the songs i have heard from them doesn't sound the same.

Just getting into slayer after dismissing them in my youth so far have got Reign in Blood,God Hates Us All and Christ Illusion and it's pretty good stuff.

Black Wizard said:
There has been no evolution in Slayer's sound since 'Reign in Blood' so every album has sounded pretty much the same as every other Slayer album.
Agreed here. I love Slayer, but do find their reluctance to change a bit, well, stifling.

Black Wizard said:
...and the one Kreator album I've heard wipes the floor with anything Slayer have done.
Now here is the difference. Kreator has changed. You simply cannot compare "Extreme Aggression" with "Endorama". The two are miles apart. That is why Kreator are, in my opinion, better than Slayer. Not by much, but better nonetheless.

I have seen them live 4 times (last time being the Divine Intervention Tour), they put on a hell of a show.  I bought the Vinyl Conflict set by them and will put an album on now and then.  I do not listen to them anywhere near as much as I used to, but enjoy them now and then.

They just stood and played. It's ok if you're John Petrucci and have some super-technical prog riffs to play, but every Slayer song is the same so I would have liked them to do something to make their performance more interesting.

Night Prowler said:
Reign In Blood is the best thrash metal album ever.

Well for me that award would go to Rust in Peace. Reign is an awesome but a lot of the songs kinda fall short, Raining Blood is one of the best thrash metal tracks though.

Night Prowler said:
Reign In Blood is the best thrash metal album ever.

Reign in Blood is an excellent, excellent, amazing album. But there are a few thrash albums that I can think of that are better, such as Bonded by Blood by Exodus, Alice in Hell by Annihilator and Slayer's very own South of Heaven.

Back