Gates of Tomorrow

How good is Gates of Tomorrow on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Gates of Tomorrow

I adhere wholeheartedly to mckindog's review so rather than copy and paste it will say I have never tired of listening to this one.

I sort of agree with Jupz saying its a filler, but it's not that bad. 6/10

4/10 I don't think there's anything terribly bad about this song (except for Bruce sounding eerily similar to Axl Rose in the chorus) but there's also nothing exceptional in any way about it either.  It also sadly features one of Janick's most pointless studio solos.  Pure filler song.

My thoughts summed up in 2 sentences

- I like the bass at the beginning
- Though a filler, it's not as good as other songs considered as "fillers"

Still gets a 6/10 from me

'New Frontier', 'Wildest Dreams' and 'Journeyman' are what I call fillers. 'Gates Of Tomorrow' (9/10) is one of the best songs from the album, owing to great vocal lines.

Lord Of The Flies, Part 2. Really annoying song with an awful chorus. IMO the worst song of the reunion era. It gets 4/10 because it's catchy...

Not that horrible of a song, but not that great either. I like the (quite catchy) chorus, and the solos are pretty good too. The intro riff isn't that bad either, but I can't really give it above a 6. It is the best of the "filler" songs though.

6/10... I have never been much of a fan of this tune. Bruce's vocal is bothersome, although I don't mind the lyrics. Cool intro, but it all goes downhill for me from there. Regularly skipped over...

This is the weakest song on the album. It's ok but there isn't anything that makes me want to go listen to it. 5/10

9. I love this song! Underrated; the Uriah Heep vibe and the doubled vocals 'a la' David Byron are very appealing. Great verse, pre chorus, chorus and solo/instrumental section. Bruce and Janick kill on this (kinda obvious). :edmetal:

Jeffmetal said:
9. I love this song! Underrated; the Uriah Heep vibe and the doubled vocals 'a la' David Byron are very appealing. Great verse, pre chorus, chorus and solo/instrumental section. Bruce and Janick kill on this (kinda obvious). :edmetal:

Agree entirely. 9 from me too. Currently in my top 22 Maiden songs of all time (as measured by my fav Maidens playlist on my iPod).

Worst song on the album, and the vocals are on the whole not kind to the ears. Other than that, it's bordering on forgettable. 2/10

Yep. Two third is rather positive (6-10) than negative (1-5), though. That is, according to how I see those rankings. ;)

I'm not sure if I've actually listened to this song in about 5 years before I did right before voting. I give it a 5. After the very bland opening and 1st verse the song does gain a lot of momentum.

Jeffmetal said:

This, excpet my rating is 8/10.

Back