From Here To Eternity

How good is From Here to Eternity on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: From Here to Eternity

Well it's ok nothing special, a bit of fun, it is one of those songs that works better in a live setting in a sing along. Can't say I ever listen to it that much 5/10.

I like how Bruce sings the verses, it can get a little repetitive sometimes, though...

6/10.

7. One of Maiden's best chorus. Very good live, but it gets old too soon.

The solos are definitely the best aspect of this song. Any tongue-in-cheek novelty in the lyrics wears a bit thin after a few listens. 3/10

I like it enough to give it an 8. It's a simple but rhythmic tune, and the solos are enjoyable.

4 from me.  I always thought it sounded way more like an AC/DC Razor's Edge reject tune than a Maiden song.  I've never been fond of it.

I gave it an 8, I always liked it ... I admit it does not have the "meat" that most Maiden songs have, but I find it catchy and often find myself humming the chorus.

6 out of 10... Never a big favorite of mine... Bruce's vocal is not one of his most inspired performances. In fact, the whole band sounds less than inspired.

A huge disappointment.  This song signified to me then official end of Maiden's golden era.  NPFTD had some moments that were typical Maiden, and Be Quick or Be Dead was a fairly solid opener but when I first heard this song I knew Maiden was on a downward spiral....thank goodness that turned around next album with TXF.

Forostar said:
I remember that the single contained a different version, on which the drums sounded heavier. Unfortunately I can't find it on YouTube. If someone knows how to show it to others who haven't heard it, please share in this topic!

Really? On the commentary on From Here To Eternity, it just reads: "This is the same version as the one that appears on the Fear Of The Dark album."

I would like to hear the single version if the drums are heavier, I think that would suit the song quite well!

As for the song: WOah, back when Maiden still wrote 3 minute rockers. Its kinda refreshing to just turn up the speakers on this, pretty good rocking track, but nothing fantastic by any means. Obviosly the guys thought they had a great chorus in "Hell ain't a bad place, helll is from here to eternity" and basically builds the entire song around it. Live it works extremely well with that break in the middle and some audience participation.

I'm feeling a strong 5/10 on this one..

6/10, it's not so terrible but Maiden did better songs.
Question: I know that the song is about Charlotte who fell in love with a motorbike and dies, but I've read that the lyrics deal with sex, is that true?

Perun said:
Can we call that a fail?

YesWeCan%21%21%21.jpg

I like the intro and the solos. The chorus, though, gets tiring fast, and towards the end of the song it gets outright annoying. The shallow lyrics don't bother me that much, but they don't add anything either. All in all a very unremarkable song, enjoyable on the odd occasion. 6/10.

This song is fun and catchy, and though it can get annoying, I kind of like it.  I'm not even giving minus points for Bruce's voice on this one.  A low 7.

Back