Bruce Dickinson

Afterglow is better. It’s more Bruce

Funny enough, I thought Rain on the Graves had a bit more Bruce flavour in it; maybe not the composition, as Afterglow is certainly very typical Roy Z/Dickinson track to begin with, but lyrically and e.g the chorus, I got a bit stronger "Yeah it's Bruce Dickinson all over!" from Rain on the Graves.

Then again, I like both songs anyway, so no matter... :D

I might, perhaps, even like Rain on the Graves even a bit more, but yeah, I rather not rank them.

A week and a half to go, folks. :)

Last edited:
I think it depends a lot on the location and how many concerts are in the near vicinity. Last year I got to the Dortmund concert around one and a half hours before the doors opened and I still managed to be in the first row.

Why do you have to go early if you have FTTB? Do they give too much?
FTTB is just early entry. There are still potentially 100 other people there, so if you want to get one of the more popular spots, like front row on Adrian's side, you'll have to be there early.

FTTB is just early entry. There are still potentially 100 other people there, so if you want to get one of the more popular spots, like front row on Adrian's side, you'll have to be there early.
118 to be exact, excluding yourself and your partner.

I think the RNG of 1-60 is the solution. You get the draw number on the concert day morning (to prevent selling +1 spots) and then decide if it's worth going early or is it better to spend the time at the pub.

With current trends (since Covid), next Euro tour will have multiple day queueing.

I heard it just now. I will refrain from more, just wanna say a few tings.
My probably least favourite moment, dissonante, will be the pre chorus of Agnarok.
The way he managed to make Eternity heavier and more Bruce is mindblowing.
It is not speed, thrash, black, but there is nothing "wrong" from a heavy metal fan point.
It is indeed a sort of combination, legacy, full of references to what we all knon and love.
Sonata is not a messy clusterfuck. It is not standard, but it is beautiful.
Holy hell my nerves are firing and this is only first time I listened to Mandrake. Wishing all the enjoye-st time.

I mean, I am big into melodies, and the Ragnarok pre-chorus is the least nice for me, to explain.
Eternity is a monster as it is in the Maiden version. Bruce version makes it more sharp, but to be hones it would be perfect as it was. The solo album version makes it more heavy, not necessarily better. But I loved it so much to hear a new variation of it.
All in all the album feels like a work from a guy who got the comprehensive understanding of musical tastes. I would love another set of TCW nasty and heavy numbers but what if, the reality is elsewhere? Are we adult to admit beauty without extreme sound, in a way, if you know whatimsayin10

Back