Bruce Dickinson

I'm sure it feels flattering for Roy that you need two replacement guitarists for him. I have to say though, I'm conflicted. On one hand, it's good that they're using this opportunity to pull their heads out of their asses and tour with two guitarists, but it's a damn shame Roy doesn't get to tour with Bruce again considering how long it's been.

Not to mention, it's mostly his music that Bruce sings over. Feels like an extra kick in the balls to not even be able to get that live recognition for that.

I think @TheMercenary is to blame. She posts her review of the album, Bruce loves it, and he suddenly decides to tour with some (musical) mercenaries!

I was honestly surprised Roy was on the touring lineup to begin with. I forget why specifically he didn't tour Chemical and got that weird Guru guy, but I vaaaaaguely remember Bruce mentioning in press (in the Chemical era) that Roy doesn't like touring all that much, and would rather stick around, record, and produce. Not sure what made him pull the trigger on leaving the tour this late in the day, but the press release mentioning the remixes makes sense, and if the above statement about him not liking to tour is accurate, he probably didn't need much of a push. Maybe he saw the remixes were going to be more work than he'd previously thought, a deadline he was iffy about hitting...who knows.

Last edited:
I have very little idea about Bruce solo touring musicians and unfortunately have not seen any live shows. Should fix that of course.
Those who know, is there a way to quantify how big a difference it makes who plays the material? Can it go from heavenly to shitshow, or is it usually more or less good?

Back