Bruce Dickinson

A big part of atmos is that it is adaptable, so you don't need a special device for it. The sound adjusts based on the space you're in. Streaming services have atmos support and (to my knowledge) physical dolby atmos remixes hasn't really been a thing.

If they're just remixing the albums in atmos, I just take that to mean they're getting the albums to industry standard and those will replace the streaming versions with very little fanfare. Most people won't notice the difference. It has been awhile since the catalog was reissued on CD so maybe they will do something similar to the new Iron Maiden CDs that came out a few years back, but I really doubt it's going to differ that much from the originals, save for maybe Tattooed Millionaire which was butchered in remastering.
Okey, thanks. I have a Luca Turilli’s Rhapsody album in atmos, but never played it, as I thought I didn’t have the equipment that benefit the sound.

And it’s got M in the background.
This was expected because it's the other half of the medallion, but again, he could have done something more noticeable and memorable (with the mandrake). Come to think of it, one of the reasons for such a hollow booklet is probably because each of the 12-episode comics will have a different front cover. Which is cool. This won't be related to all of the songs (and they are not 12), but basically more approaches to the main story.

very short for now, but we can except more from him soon:

I listened just once and I have mixed feelings.
There are pluses and minuses, good moments and bad moments. For sure this is not another “AoB” or “CW”. There is no heavy metal at all.
For now that’s all as it’s only first impression from my side. I’ll listen to it more and then I’ll write more.

BTW maybe I should translate “there is not many heavy metal moments than there is not heavy metal at all.

That surprises me,
because there was a quote posted here from the bass player about how heavy metal the album is.

I'm curious to know if the different genres mentioned in the Metal Hammer Germany reviews are integrated in a meaningful way.
Because quoting something from other genres is easy and might even come to mind if you're not particularly inspired, but to incorporate that into the whole song structure in a meaningful way, you have to be pretty ingenious to do that really well.
That's why it often seems like a good idea at first, but in reality it's risky.

very short for now, but we can except more from him soon:

I listened just once and I have mixed feelings.
There are pluses and minuses, good moments and bad moments. For sure this is not another “AoB” or “CW”. There is no heavy metal at all.
For now that’s all as it’s only first impression from my side. I’ll listen to it more and then I’ll write more.

BTW maybe I should translate “there is not many heavy metal moments than there is not heavy metal at all.
Getting the feeling he’s gonna shun the shit out of Sonata.

Vocals:

There's not even that much “howling”. Some songs were even sung very nicely. Definitely the acoustic ballad (in the Scorpions style) "Face in the Mirror" - very good vocals. Long time recorded.

On the other hand, in "Resurrection Man" there is terrible agony and a lisp in the melody towards the end - it sounds very bad.

The first half of the album (with two singles) is so-so, from "Eternity..." it gets quite good. And "Mistress of Mercy" - classic heavy metal in the style of "AoB" (as if it was left from that recording session.

That surprises me,
because there was a quote posted here from the bass player about how heavy metal the album is.

I'm curious to know if the different genres mentioned in the Metal Hammer Germany reviews are integrated in a meaningful way.
Because quoting something from other genres is easy and might even come to mind if you're not particularly inspired, but to incorporate that into the whole song structure in a meaningful way, you have to be pretty ingenious to do that really well.
That's why it often seems like a good idea at first, but in reality it's risky.

Do we know if Tanya’s CV includes any heavy metal bands?

Back