Bruce Dickinson

So this Metal Hammer UK interview will be released in parts??? The Sweden Rock interview is probably the best one, I mean, 13-pages! Too bad we can't find it.

''I don’t rate my guitar playing at all, but if it sounds good, I like it''.

''I did think of doing Born In ’58, because I love that song. And even Roy was like, ‘Anything off of Skunkworks?’ Because that’s a fabulously underrated album. But I was like, ‘Hmmm, you know what, later. Let’s get our feet under the table with this tour first''.

Variation is the spice of life. It's a change of pace after two rather straight forward heavy metal songs.
Also, the vocals are great, the melodies super catchy and I'm a sucker for vocal harmonies.

For me it's the good kind of "hard rock adjacent metal". Rain On The Graves being the bad kind.

So this Metal Hammer UK interview will be released in parts??? The Sweden Rock interview is probably the best one, I mean, 13-pages! Too bad we can't find it.

''I don’t rate my guitar playing at all, but if it sounds good, I like it''.

''I did think of doing Born In ’58, because I love that song. And even Roy was like, ‘Anything off of Skunkworks?’ Because that’s a fabulously underrated album. But I was like, ‘Hmmm, you know what, later. Let’s get our feet under the table with this tour first''.

They are teasers so people would go and buy the magazine. They usually post the whole thing once the next issue is out and you can no longer buy the current one from the newsagents.

I'll take everything with a grain of salt, considering how varied tastes can be. I'm glad that you liked it @TheMercenary , but I'll stay cautious at the moment. Don't want to risk getting unreasonably hyped up and then disappointed if it doesn't live up to expectations.

Also, I'll make sure to annoy you for a review once my second album is done lol :D

8. Devil on a Hog - 9/10
9. Believil - 4/10
10. A Tyranny Of Souls - 10/10
Extra points for “Devil on a Hog”, an underrated song with fantastic chorus melodies.

Minus points for “Believil”, a song that admittedly feels carved out of some bigger picture track but which transports you to some really really sinister places.

And the title track is frankly among the album’s worst, disjointed and attempting to be something bigger than it actually is. (Still good though.)

Back