Bruce Dickinson

Yep Bruce goin all in for the $$. Few pointers here:
- cannot buy the comic separately
- wtf do i do with a certificate of authenticity and a collectors card
- a bloody trading pouch too.

Wonder what the comic alone would cost. Like is there a way to only get the comic?!
I won't buy the comics. I don't have enough money to buy all the stuff bands are releasing nowadays. And even if I had enough money to do that, I wouldn't buy the stuff either. I just buy records, eventually singles and EPs, magazines and posters + flags, mugs, beers, but that's all.

Last edited:
With the more info about the tour, I'll try to guess the songs in the set (Bruce said he doesn't want to play a lot of mid-tempo songs, but I didn't take that into account because of the 1 guitar for solos; I think Roy doesn't want a 2nd guitarist for some reason):

AOB:
the title track, Starchildren (Bruce mentioned it), Taking The Queen (only Roy has a solo), Man Of Sorrows (because of the keys)... and probably Darkside Of Aquarius and/or Road To Hell. The Magician as a faster song?
TCW:
the title track, Jerusalem (Bruce mentioned it), The Tower (it's a very popular song, harmonies with the keys)... and probably Book Of Thel (faster song) and why not The Alchemist (only Roy has a solo). While Trumpets Of Jericho and Killing Floor are not without chances.

TOS:
Navigate The Seas Of The Sun... and maybe Abduction and Kill Devil Hill. Wouldn't rule out the title track, Soul Intruders or Power Of The Sun - especially with the mentioned ''songs rotation'' as an idea from Bruce.

BTP:
the 2nd possible song is Laughing In The Hiding Bush I guess.

From the new album (if the songs are indeed around 4):
the 2 singles (I guess), Shadow Of The Gods (Bruce kind of praised it) and Resurrection Men (because of the theme) or idk, Many Doors To Hell (written this year). I kind of doubt Eternity Has Failed. Btw, Fingers In The Wounds and Face In The Mirror sound like live songs.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could the surprise song for the tour be a Maiden one that has never been played live before (Steve won't be happy lol)? A solo Bruce or Smith/Dickinson one.

Empire, nope.
Flash Of The Blade? Very difficult chorus for Bruce and lots of harmonies.
Back In The Village? I doubt it.
Sun And Steel? It's possible.

Or maybe it will be a never played live Maiden song that wasn't co-written by him or not played live for a long time - or a cover song*.

Or maybe it will be a never played live Maiden song that wasn't co-written by him or not played live for a long time - or a cover song*.
Or maybe a completely new Maiden song that will appear on the 18th Maiden album coming next year ? ;)

It's very plausible that Maiden was in Paris some days ago to start recording their next album, as Kevin (Shirley, I guess) was Bruce's witness at his wedding in Paris... Between january and march/april, they have three months before them to create and record new songs, so enough time for that (the same time they used for recording all their CDs in Guillaume Tell studios in Paris : Brave New World, The Book Of Souls, Senjutsu). :)

Guess I'm selling two tickets for Bruce Dickinson show. No Skunkworks = No Spambot.

- wtf do i do with a certificate of authenticity and a collectors card
Sell it for 10x more money when Bruce passes away.

I’m not sure what the deal is, I noticed it in his book as well, his writing is pretty plain and sometimes a little disjointed. The book was actually pretty poorly written I thought and I haven’t loved a Dickinson lyric since 2010.

I have to weigh in on this a bit.

If we're saying that the book is poorly written compared to other autobiographies - yes (and there is a reason for that, but I'll come to that later).

If we're saying that the book is poorly written considering his writing abilities then - also probably yes, but there are a lot of other factors to be considered. First, Bruce really hasn't written a lot. If we're considering lyrics, that could be counted as poetry. Poetry and prose are worlds apart, and even within prose, there are genres that don't guarantee that if you excel in one area, you'll also nail another. Hell, even within the same genre, some authors have problems when they're encountered with a different approach for the same work (ask any author who has just written his novel to write a query for it, and he'll probably tell you to fu** off). The less we say about Lord Iffy Boatrace - the better.

I don't think Bruce had any idea how to approach his autobiography except to just sit down and start writing (and it shows). I can't remember how much was redacted from the original manuscript (at least a third of it, if I remember right), but it shows that Bruce was primarily going for content instead of style. How he delivered that content on paper is exactly how I expected him to do it. Disjointed, uneven, sometimes too obscure, sometimes too detailed. The final product (the way the book was published) made me feel like I sat across Bruce in a pub, and he shared interesting anecdotes from his life over a pint of beer - and I loved that approach. It really felt genuine—a story told in the way he wanted it to be told. And that brings me to my second point.

A huge chuck of autobiographies is written by ghostwriters. Once you discover that, it doesn't take long to notice how some people who don't use more than 20 of the same words per day after 50–60 years suddenly pull out several stylistic figures. I'm not saying it's not possible or that it hasn't happened. But if it happened so often, maybe those same people should think of changing careers or maybe starting earlier with their "talent". I'm not a super fanboy, but from what I've heard and read from him in the past 20 years: Bruce's autobiography was Bruce's, from the first paragraph to the last one, no doubt about it. That's what makes it wobbly in quality. There was an editorial intervention (as it should be AFTER it was written!) but it was his style, his words and more importantly - his idea (which I cannot say about Adrian's book).

In the end, it all depends on where you "come from" before you read this book. People who are much more into music than books rated it well (and I agree with Mosh's point about his writing style). People who were more into books than music didn't rate that well, although I'm surprised that a big part of the criticism was aimed at the content instead of the style.

The less we say about Lord Iffy Boatrace - the better.

Bruce's autobiography is Nobel prize material compared to that tripe!

I don't think Bruce had any idea how to approach his autobiography except to just sit down and start writing (and it shows). I can't remember how much was redacted from the original manuscript (at least a third of it, if I remember right), but it shows that Bruce was primarily going for content instead of style. How he delivered that content on paper is exactly how I expected him to do it. Disjointed, uneven, sometimes too obscure, sometimes too detailed. The final product (the way the book was published) made me feel like I sat across Bruce in a pub, and he shared interesting anecdotes from his life over a pint of beer - and I loved that approach. It really felt genuine—a story told in the way he wanted it to be told.

I agree. It might not be the best autobiography I have read, but I liked that approach. That being said, I must admit that all the plane stuff felt like someone in the pub going on and on about something after having had too many pints.

I think it's possible. Bruce had mentioned Stranger and Prisoner in an interview from 2022.
Wasn't Moonchild rumored for the current tour? Imagine the next tour (Hits, deep cuts or even album tour) with - Moonchild, Seventh Son, Infinite Dreams, To Tame A Land, Only The Good Die Young and Rime! Wow. Not easy songs for Nicko, and for Bruce.
Three unusual epics, in addition to FOTD and the eventual return of HBTN? Yeah, 0% chance of this happening.

Not interested in comics, although the Adventures of Lord Iffy Boatrace was pretty entertaining. He should definiately do an album about him.....

It's very plausible that Maiden was in Paris some days ago to start recording their next album, as Kevin (Shirley, I guess) was Bruce's witness at his wedding in Paris... Between january and march/april, they have three months before them to create and record new songs, so enough time for that (the same time they used for recording all their CDs in Guillaume Tell studios in Paris : Brave New World, The Book Of Souls, Senjutsu).
I think we would have had some pictures of the band members. They have no problem with the songwriting and record fast, but I think Bruce will need to do ''a lot of'' rehearsals before his tour. Early next year is for that. It will be either a Maiden song (not a brand new one) or a cover.
Three unusual epics, in addition to FOTD and the eventual return of HBTN? Yeah, 0% chance of this happening.
To Tame A Land is unusual, the others are just not that likely given their live history. But 0%? Bruce loves the 2 epics (he said it) and now has a big say in the setlist (probably Nicko too). Take the current tour as an example: Caught-Hallowed, Alexander-Land, 2 SJ epics-Seventh Son and Rime.

Or maybe a completely new Maiden song that will appear on the 18th Maiden album coming next year ? ;)

It's very plausible that Maiden was in Paris some days ago to start recording their next album, as Kevin (Shirley, I guess) was Bruce's witness at his wedding in Paris... Between january and march/april, they have three months before them to create and record new songs, so enough time for that (the same time they used for recording all their CDs in Guillaume Tell studios in Paris : Brave New World, The Book Of Souls, Senjutsu). :)

There is no information suggesting that Maiden have been recording in Paris. In fact, Kevin Shirley's social media suggests that he has been in Australia the last few months.

About the next 3 months, no way. Steve will be touring with British Lion whole January and I think he has a gig in the cruise in February . Bruce will need February and March to prepare his solo tour, preproduction, learn the lyrics, rehearsals…

Something I somehow missed to mention from the interview:

Bruce loves Skunkworks. Some great songs on it, ''Strange Death In Paradise'' still brings chills when he listens to it. He thinks it probably wasn't the right album for the rock world back then.

I like the groove of the song and the high and unique outro is powerful.

Something I somehow missed to mention from the interview:

Bruce loves Skunkworks. Some great songs on it, ''Strange Death In Paradise'' still brings chills when he listens to it. He thinks it probably wasn't the right album for the rock world back then.

I like the groove of the song and the high and unique outro is powerful.

He also talked candidly about the cancer experience, Rod’s reaction, and how Steve, who according to Bruce is into alternative treatments, was surprised when Bruce told him that he was going with the chemotherapy and radiotherapy package.

His comments about Maiden’s reunion were interesting too.

He also talked candidly about the cancer experience, Rod’s reaction, and how Steve, who according to Bruce is into alternative treatments, was surprised when Bruce told him that he was going with the chemotherapy and radiotherapy package.

Talk about adding petrol to the fire regarding the anti-vaccine rumours!

Don't want to stir the waters... but these words pretty much confirms that Steve is Antivax, Flat earther, cuckoo, has untraditional views on some aspects of life :innocent:
(This post was written with no ill will :nuts:)

Edit: After I posted my message, I saw @Ascendingthethrone's post :hello:

I think we would have had some pictures of the band members. They have no problem with the songwriting and record fast, but I think Bruce will need to do ''a lot of'' rehearsals before his tour. Early next year is for that. It will be either a Maiden song (not a brand new one) or a cover.

To Tame A Land is unusual, the others are just not that likely given their live history. But 0%? Bruce loves the 2 epics (he said it) and now has a big say in the setlist (probably Nicko too). Take the current tour as an example: Caught-Hallowed, Alexander-Land, 2 SJ epics-Seventh Son and Rime.
TTAL hasn't been played since the World Piece Tour, SSOASS has been featured on exactly two tours and Rime is a rather demanding and rare song as well. The chance of all three in one tour, along with any other epics, is (in my opinion of course) nonexistent. Any of those three on their own would already be unusual and a big surprise. All three of them on the same tour in one setlist? Essentially impossible.

I... must... resist... cheap... shots... :innocent:

That's what Steve said!

9df.gif

:D

''Sonata'' must be a ''very'' different song since they need preparation. Some classical bits for its 10 minutes are to be expected I guess. A sequel to ''Taking The Queen''.
Isn't "Midnight Jam" the unofficial sequel to "Taking the Queen"? I remember on his "Voice of Crube" track from his Best Of saying that was the case, him whipping up some lyrics on the fly related to that song while the others jammed, the concept being "what happens in the song after the fade."

Back