Your least favourite Maiden studio album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virtual XI

Its just not the same without Bruce. His voice is so unique. Personally I liked FOTD. I thought there were a lot of good songs on there. I don't know how 'From Here To Eternity' didnt end up being one of their more popular songs. Brave New World is tied with Number of the Beast for the best.

No Prayer For The Dying/Fear Of The Dark.

A few notable tracks between them, but the material contained within is largely guff. During the 80s, Maiden barely released an average album - thus, NPFTD/FOTD were shocks to the system.

[!--QuoteBegin-where_eddie_dares+Apr 18 2005, 09:34 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(where_eddie_dares @ Apr 18 2005, 09:34 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Wow. Well, opinions vary significantly. I think NPFTD is a highly UNDERrated album. Mother Russia is a fantastic song. A very different sounding song....you know. A Maiden song without that galloping bass line. Huh, go figure?  Run Silent, run deep is a great song too.
My vote is for V XI. DLTTEOAS and Clansman are the only decent tunes on it.
[snapback]102375[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I todally agree about Mother Russia. Mother Russia one of my favorite songs of all time. The Assassain also gets bashed on, but I think it is a very unique Maiden song. NPFTD (the song) is awsome too. But I really don't care for Tailgunner, Public Enema Number One, Fates Warning, or Bring Your Daughter To the Slaughter...So as a whole, I don't dig the album too much. Plus, I really don't like the cover art...

i have never thought that powersalve was a so good album it had its ups and its downs but in the whole i would say that it is not the album i like..to good.
but two minutes to midnight and rime of the acient mariner are really good song though..its a hard choise...all maiden albums are great!!

O.K. you made me admit this: I think that FOTD, VXI and NPFTD are better than the golden ages! But I like all maiden albums are great, so can't figure how someone can say that he hates any song/album. At least it's better than HIM, Rammstein, LP or other NU metal bands.

P.S. again, sorry for my bad grammar

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]At least it's better than HIM, Rammstein, LP or other NU metal bands.
[/quote]

I actually think Rammstein is a decent band. You really can't compare them to Linkin Park.

[!--QuoteBegin-DOD=WEAK+May 26 2005, 07:02 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(DOD=WEAK @ May 26 2005, 07:02 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]My faves:

8.Fear Of The Dark (C+)

12.Dance Of Death (F)

[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']Note: this quote is taken from a different thread.[/span]
[snapback]105741[/snapback]​
[/quote]

[!--QuoteBegin-DOD=WEAK+May 27 2005, 08:32 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(DOD=WEAK @ May 27 2005, 08:32 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Sadly, I will have to go with Fear Of The Dark.
IRON MAIDEN'S ABSOLUTE WORST!
[snapback]105891[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Wow - a major turn of opinion in just 24 hours. Not that such a thing is unheard of, but I somehow find these things amusing. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The two worst have got to be No Prayer and VXI. But I just can's say which is worse, they both bite da suck sausage! [img src=\'http://www.metal-rules.com/bb/images/smiles/thumbsdown.gif\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

BNW is the worst ever with only 2 good songs

The Wickerman, Out of the silent planet

[!--QuoteBegin-The Mariner+Jun 10 2005, 10:32 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Mariner @ Jun 10 2005, 10:32 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]BNW is the worst ever with only 2 good songs
[snapback]108122[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I find that odd considering most Maiden fans I know of (including me) feel that BNW is one of their best. Haven't you heard The Dream of Mirrors? That song is the most "this is what Maiden is" of the whole album. I would of figured someone to feel that DOD is not as good as BNW. I think the Wickerman is a great song, but if that was the only song I knew about them I wouldn't think they were that special...

Opinion respected though!

I like all the Maiden albums, but I'm gonna say the Iron Maiden album does the least for me, seemingly just cause it was their first and that signature Maiden style wasn't as refined and perfected as on the others, nothing wrong with it other than that.

For me it has to be VXI - one mediocre song on there - The Clansman - the rest of it is utter rubbish !

[!--QuoteBegin-DOD=WEAK+May 27 2005, 09:32 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(DOD=WEAK @ May 27 2005, 09:32 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
Weekend Warrior-0%

[snapback]105891[/snapback]​
[/quote]

[!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Either No Prayer or VXI.... Bruce vocals are rather bad on No Prayer, but I'd still rather listen to him than Blaze any day... But, there was not really a great song on No Prayer, while VXI had The Clansman, which is easily better than any song on No Prayer.... VXI had all around better material than No Prayer (IE: The Clansman, Futureal, Como Estais Amigos>Mother Russia, Bring Your Daughter, Tailgunner, etc). So, I guess No Prayer is Maiden's worst album, but I still like No Prayer more because VXI has Blaze on vocals...

[!--QuoteBegin-The Mariner+Jun 10 2005, 07:32 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Mariner @ Jun 10 2005, 07:32 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]BNW is the worst ever with only 2 good songs
[snapback]108122[/snapback]​
[/quote]

DO YOU HAVE WAX IN YOUR EARS, MAN?!!

Anyway...my vote goes towards Virtual XI....doesnt quite cut it for me. Dont own the album, but considering how dirt-cheap it sells on Amazon.com....why the hell not?

[!--QuoteBegin-Blade Runner+Jul 13 2005, 04:00 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Blade Runner @ Jul 13 2005, 04:00 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Either No Prayer or VXI.... Bruce vocals are rather bad on VXI, but I'd still rather listen to him than Blaze any day... But, there was not really a great song on No Prayer, while VXI had The Clansman, which is easily better than any song on No Prayer.... VXI had all around better material than No Prayer (IE: The Clansman, Futureal, Como Estais Amigos>Mother Russia, Bring Your Daughter, Tailgunner, etc). So, I guess No Prayer is Maiden's worst album, but I still like No Prayer more because VXI has Blaze on vocals...
[snapback]111843[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Mate... you're getting your personal dislike for Blaze get in the way of your judgement. You admit that VXI has superior material to NPFTD, but you still think you have to give it a lower mark only because Bruce isn't on it (or because Blaze is on it, check the box that applies to you).
That is a very, very poor attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back