Your least favourite Maiden studio album

Status
Not open for further replies.
[!--QuoteBegin-Blade Runner+Jul 13 2005, 10:14 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Blade Runner @ Jul 13 2005, 10:14 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Live and learn.
[snapback]111936[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Yes. I hope you do. Good luck!

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jul 13 2005, 09:56 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jul 13 2005, 09:56 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Wrong. There isn't any difference.

There's no such thing as a "worst album", there's only an album that you like the least. It's all subjective and the "least favourite" album varies from fan to fan, as you can see from the poll.

But I probably confused you, as you already do not have enough brain power to express yourself correctly, let alone understand what I mean. Sorry about that.
[snapback]111864[/snapback]​
[/quote]

An album you like the least IS the worst album in your opinion. So there is a "worst album" - an album you like the least, it's PERSONAL preference. How would you call an album you like the least if you may not call it "worst album"? "An album that rock the Earth"?

[!--QuoteBegin-Leea+Jul 13 2005, 10:34 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Leea @ Jul 13 2005, 10:34 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]How would you call an album you like the least if you may not call it "worst album"?
[snapback]111947[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Quite simply "the album I like the least". It's only a matter of opinion.

The album I like the least -- because it simply doesn't talk to me -- is Fear Of The Dark. To some people, it's their favourite album. So, it's doesn't make it Maiden's worst album because I don't like it, just "the album that Maverick likes the least". Am I clear enough?

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jul 13 2005, 03:41 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jul 13 2005, 03:41 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Quite simply "the album I like the least". It's only a matter of opinion.

The album I like the least -- because it simply doesn't talk to me -- is Fear Of The Dark. To some people, it's their favourite album. So, it's doesn't make it Maiden's worst album because I don't like it, just "the album that Maverick likes the least". Am I clear enough?
[snapback]111954[/snapback]​
[/quote]

That is what I meant with least/most favorite. That's what it is, favorites, which is entirely preferential.

And I think that if you compare the sound quality, lyrical quality, musical quality, etc. from each album, it is possible to determine which is the actual worst album.

My least favorite Maiden album: VXI

The worst Maiden album: No Prayer for the Dying

I can't explain it any clearer than that. If you still don't understand, I'm sorry.

[!--QuoteBegin-Blade Runner+Jul 13 2005, 10:49 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Blade Runner @ Jul 13 2005, 10:49 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I can't explain it any clearer than that.
[snapback]111958[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Nope. obviously you're too limited to make it any clearer. Could it be because you're simply talking bollocks? Quite probably... [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jul 13 2005, 03:53 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jul 13 2005, 03:53 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Nope. obviously you're too limited to make it any clearer. Could it be because you're simply talking bollocks? Quite probably...  [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]111959[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I have come to the conclusion that you are either a major dumbass, don't want to admit you're wrong, or just trying to piss me off. Either way, this isn't worth arguing any more.

[!--QuoteBegin-Blade Runner+Jul 13 2005, 11:07 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Blade Runner @ Jul 13 2005, 11:07 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I have come to the conclusion that you are either a major dumbass, don't want to admit you're wrong, or just trying to piss me off. Either way, this isn't worth arguing any more.
[snapback]111962[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Same conclusion here about your pathetic case. Well, you're not the first one and, sadly, won't be the last. Have a nice life anyway.

Blade Runner, you will never win. Mav has been flaming people for years. He especially likes to flame when the person starts it. Keep your head down stop trying to act big, okay?

Retard vs Old Git?

The winner is:

[img src=\'http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/images/400/onefootinthegrave_2.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

Up the Meldrews!!!

DISCLAIMER: Any advice given by Pineapple Hunter or any of her subsidaries/boyfriends are not to be taken seriously.

Nice one! [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Fing Priceless [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-IronDuke+Jul 13 2005, 10:30 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IronDuke @ Jul 13 2005, 10:30 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Arguing with Maverick is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, I'll still think of you as a retard.
[snapback]111917[/snapback]​
[/quote]
[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
A nice thread, boys!
EDIT: and girls...

I'll have to go for Virtual XI. This was the only Maiden album that gave me a dissapointed feeling when I bought it.

The Angel and the Gambler has many repetitions.
Don't look to the Eyes of a Stranger has many repetitions.
When Two Worlds Collide is a bad rip-off from That Girl (rhythm, mood, even chord order).

The least imaginative album from Maiden I am afraid.

Fear of the dark is still a disappointment for me 15 years later. Too many poor songs (The apparition, Weekend warrior, Chains of misery).

I don't think that Be quick or be dead and From here to eternity can be classified as a strong opening duo...

The voice of Bruce is also questionnable.

Is it me or Bruce, in the back of his mind, was already gone ?

Anyway, it's just my opinion, NPFTD, VXI could easily be the #1 in this poll.

I'm going to the Québec city show tomorrow night. Can't wait !!!

Just remember Mav is easily mistaken for the grumpy old geezer he likes to promote himself as [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I chose No Prayer for the Dying. Unlike a lot of people I actually really like the two Blaze albums, so it was between NPFTD and Fear of the Dark. I prefer FOTD for the few decent (imo) songs, such as From Here To Eternity and Afraid to Shoot Strangers, and of course the classic title track.
NPFTD is the one album which contains a maiden track which I don't actually like - Holy Smoke.

[!--QuoteBegin-Blade Runner+Jul 13 2005, 08:49 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Blade Runner @ Jul 13 2005, 08:49 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]My least favorite Maiden album: VXI

The worst Maiden album: No Prayer for the Dying

[snapback]111958[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Actually, the problem with all of your logic is that NPFTD is NOT the worst Maiden album. VXI is. NPFTD is the most under-rated album. No you know [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Sorry to snap your or`s.

I like The Number Of the Beast the least.
Excluding Hallowed Be Thy Name, Children Of the Damned and 22 Acacia Avenue I find the songs to be mediocre compared to other Maiden songs, Run To the Hills and TNOTB included. I listen to this album the least out of all the studio albums. I actually find the majority of the songs on No Prayer and Fear Of the Dark, which appear to be the most popular "least populars", to be superior to most of the songs on TNOTB. Merely an opinion, which is what the poll asked for.

No Prayer For the Dying, I can't find anything I really enjoy on it.

[!--QuoteBegin-agdabavipain+Apr 18 2005, 03:23 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(agdabavipain @ Apr 18 2005, 03:23 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]virtual XI + X factor
theyre very repetitive and boring. as well as Nickos drum parts.

[snapback]102381[/snapback]​
[/quote]

100% correct. X Factor is surely worse though with really only a couple of good songs. Virtual XI is salvaged by Don't look to the eyes... as it has one of the best instrumental sections ever recorded.

100% wrong. X Factor has some superlative songs. Sign of the Cross, The Aftermath, The Edge of Darkness...VXI has The Clansman, one of the best songs Maiden's come out with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back