Your least favourite Maiden studio album

Status
Not open for further replies.

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
Please remember to post why.

I choose Seventh Son, for reasons posted long ago.

Fear Of The Dark. It's just a collection of less-than-average songs with too little highlights.

Personally I can't take No Prayer For The Dying. Its just an album with a load of rubbish built around Bring Your Daughter which is the only song on there that i like.

[!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] i have to admit...i agree with you other guys fear of the dark and no prayer arent very unique albums the songs all sound alike and if you play songs on guitar from no prayer some use the same exact notes for different riffs (kinda boring) but i'd have to go with x factor be cause 1. blaze sucks at singing hes okay but he's no bruce 2. all songs start, or are throughout the song, slow and boring its okay to have a slow song here and there but a whole album?! nuh uh... and 3. eddie doesnt look the same on the cover (i have some weird version of the cd and theres a different cover artwork i dunno....) although i have to admit virtual XI just killed eddie he looks like a freakin monkey.... [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

NPFTD. It has some good songs, but overall it never really got me excited. Plus, I can't stand "Hook In You". The only other album that might be subpar is FotD - but at least FotD both starts and ends with good songs.

NPFTD has 'bad' written almost all over it.

VXI, an other disappointing outing is a million times better. FOTD is saved by a few tunes, but most of it could have been included with most of NPFTD to create 'Edward The Tiniest' (here's a new creative way for a best of [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

Cheers

Even if I don't really like to use the term "worst" for the band that I support, Iron Maiden, but my least favorite album is Virtual XI.
And the reason is simple, I don't like Blaze, and I prefer The X-Factor to the other one (Virtual XI).

Cheers

Virtual XI

I wasnt such a big fan of this one. I love blazes voice. but this album was a let down compared to the X factor...

No Prayer For The Dying! It has nothing special, songs are weak. Mother Russia and The Assassin are horrible, definitely worst songs Maiden have ever recorded. Only Bring Your Daughter... and Tailgunner are good. I have never liked NPFTD.

Wow. Well, opinions vary significantly. I think NPFTD is a highly UNDERrated album. Mother Russia is a fantastic song. A very different sounding song....you know. A Maiden song without that galloping bass line. Huh, go figure? Run Silent, run deep is a great song too.
My vote is for V XI. DLTTEOAS and Clansman are the only decent tunes on it.

virtual XI + X factor
theyre very repetitive and boring. as well as Nickos drum parts.

NPFTD is just a rockntroll album with lot of great killer songs except absolutely dull BYDTTS
FOTD is great album full of genial ideas but with terrible sound

On The X Factor i felt that no songs were really impressive.

Since I was only able to choose one, I picked Killers, otherwise I would have chosen both Paul albums. I cant stand Paul, and the music just isnt something I like. Its way different thatn the maiden I love. Pauls voice is crummy(IMO), and it seems like the instrumentals lack passion. That and I think it just sucks. But thats my opinion. As for FOTD, I love it, and NPFTD has Holy Smoke and Bring Your Daughter.. , so it beats the Paul albums.

EDIT- I forgot to mention that I also like Run Silent, Run Deep, so now it has 3 songs over any Paul album.

Had this poll started when I was Still Life's age, I too would have answered in favor of Killers. Then again, when I was Still Life's age, Somewhere In Time was Maiden's new album.

Wait a second, this is just sounding like me being a wiseass. Let me try that again.

What I meant was, it took years for me to really appreciate Killers. I always liked Wrathchild and MitRM, but after that the album just lost me. However, as the years went on, I began to like more and more of the songs. Today I think it's better overall than the first album, and I'd rate it in the middle of the pack.

The point is, opinions change. All of us should continue to listen to the albums we've labeled as the worst, because:
a - You may like it better in a few years.
b - Even the worst album still has some good songs.
c - It's better than dropping a hammer on your foot.
[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Yesterday's Headbanger+Apr 9 2005, 12:06 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Yesterday's Headbanger @ Apr 9 2005, 12:06 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--][!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] i have to admit...i agree with you other guys  fear of the dark and no prayer arent very unique albums  the songs all sound alike and if you play songs on guitar from no prayer  some use the same exact notes for different riffs (kinda boring)  but i'd have to go with x factor be cause 1. blaze sucks at singing  hes okay  but he's no bruce  2. all songs start, or are throughout the song, slow and boring  its okay to have a slow song here and there  but a whole album?!    nuh uh...  and 3. eddie doesnt look the same on the cover (i have some weird version of the cd and theres a different cover artwork  i dunno....)  although i have to admit  virtual XI just killed eddie    he looks like a freakin monkey....  [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]101643[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Totally agree with you. The Blaze era was crap. Vocally and musically. I boycotted the band I love for a long time. I had best of the beast for xmas. Listen to Blaze sing a flat as fcuk version of Afraid to Shoot Strangers was appaling.

OK Bruce is a one off. Range wise amazing, pitch tone and raw energy, unsupaased. Where did Blaze come from? Flat vocals that wouldn't challenge a non maiden fan with Laryngitis.

There were only 4 good tracks over 2 albums. Futureal, Sign of the Cross, Clansman and Lord of the Flies. Virus was excellent. But the rest was a pile of poo.
So right with you.

Blaze
[!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-kenninio+Apr 20 2005, 04:39 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(kenninio @ Apr 20 2005, 04:39 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Totally agree with you. The Blaze era was crap. Vocally and musically. I boycotted the band I love for a long time. I had best of the beast for xmas. Listen to Blaze sing a flat as fcuk version of Afraid to Shoot Strangers was appaling.

Blaze
[!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]102553[/snapback]​
[/quote]

You boycotted it, does that mean you haven't listened to the X Factor all the way through? I'd tend to agree that Virtual IX wasn't reeeaaaly up to scratch with the vocals, but musically I love it.

Take my advice. Don't listen to two tracks and then give up. Give that album a chance please [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Blaze kicks your mama's ass [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

hehe, indeed, he does.

Actually, thats good proof of what SMX was saying. At first I hated Blaze, but now I really like his vocals. Bruce will always be first in the vocal catagory, but Blaze is not to be underestimated. (did I spell that right?) But yea, point being that the more you listen to an album, you will probably find that it is actually not too bad.

Why doesnt it show up when I indent my paragraph! [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Because paragraph indentation can only be accomplished easily by methods which the forum doesn't allow. I can think of one way you might be able to do it, but I'm not telling. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back