X Factor & Virtual Xi

[!--quoteo(post=129828:date=Feb 26 2006, 03:15 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 26 2006, 03:15 PM) [snapback]129828[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Ah, OK. I only have State Of Mind. Is Makin very different?
[/quote]

A bit. He is a bit more Alice In Chainish, I thought (it's a while ago I heard it :/ )

Adrian wanted to keep Solli, but Solli got impatient. Not much happened and he didn't have the patience to stay in the band, so he left.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]they don't sound like that... they sound perfect [/quote]

I'm listening to Leper Messiah right now, and they do sound pretty perfect....

But back on subject: The X Factor! This really is one of my favourite albums, but with the exception of Sign of the Cross, Man on the Edge and The Edge of Darkness, none of the songs sound particularly good when they pop up in a random mix on iTunes or my iPod. They just seem to be lacking something. However, when you listen to them all together as the album, the result is simply mindblowing. Blaze is a very different singer to Bruce but, in my opinion, just as good when he's singing his own material.

The X-Factor and Virtual XI = ::

And for some reason, I absolutely love TAATG's extremely repetative chorus.

Though POWERSLAVE is my favorite album, I love TXF too. I bought it when I was going through a real tough time in my life.

I like the raw, under-produced sound of The X-Factor. It seems to fit with the mood and lyrics of the album. I think Blaze's voice is suited for that kind of raw sound, with imperfections and all, but very emotional.

[!--quoteo(post=130609:date=Mar 3 2006, 10:48 PM:name=T3X)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(T3X @ Mar 3 2006, 10:48 PM) [snapback]130609[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
The X-Factor and Virtual XI = ::
And for some reason, I absolutely love TAATG's extremely repetative chorus.
[/quote]

:: Good! I'm not the only one who digs it! Sometimes I actually listen to that song a couple of times in a row! Maybe we should have a contest to see who could listen to it the most times in a row before going completely insane (or more insane in my case...)!

[!--quoteo(post=130777:date=Mar 5 2006, 07:18 AM:name=Iron Berserker)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Iron Berserker @ Mar 5 2006, 07:18 AM) [snapback]130777[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I love TXF too. I bought it when I was going through a real tough time in my life.
[/quote]

I heard this quite often now.
I believe those who had TXF during difficult times in their lives learn to really appreciate it the most...

[!--quoteo(post=131228:date=Mar 8 2006, 02:27 PM:name=that girl)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(that girl @ Mar 8 2006, 02:27 PM) [snapback]131228[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
:: Good! I'm not the only one who digs it! Sometimes I actually listen to that song a couple of times in a row! Maybe we should have a contest to see who could listen to it the most times in a row before going completely insane (or more insane in my case...)!
[/quote]

Well, I listened to it 4 times in a row yesterday! Beat that!

[!--quoteo(post=131614:date=Mar 12 2006, 12:56 AM:name=T3X)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(T3X @ Mar 12 2006, 12:56 AM) [snapback]131614[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Well, I listened to it 4 times in a row yesterday! Beat that!
[/quote]

That's happened to me several times...

Mwwa ha ha! Let the games begin! I'll even start by listening to it all night while I sleep! Maybe I'll dream the video to go along with it!

Update:
It is now 3:30 AM and I have been listening to TAATG for 3 hours and 30 minutes (I don't know how many times- I'll figure it out in the morning)! Okay, I'm going to bed now, we'll see if I make it through the night! "I pray my sleep will break, maybe this time I won't wake!"

Don't you think I'm a saviour?
Don't you think I could save you?
Don't you think I could save your life?.................................and on it goes...............................................

Okay, It's been 24 hours since I started listening to TAATG (from 12 a.m. Sunday- 12 a.m. Monday). I figured it out and I listened to the song approximately 123 times throughout the 24 hours. Not all in a row, though. I did take a break for a couple hours here and there to play my drums and other stuff, but it ended up being 19 hours and 30 minutes! I guess 8 hours of that was while I was asleep, but I was still hearing it subconciously, right? So it still counts! So, anyone want to challenge that? Didn't think so. Why did I do this? Because I didn't have anything better to do all day Sunday (what was I supposed to do, like, go to church or something? heh heh heh!). Was anyone else crazy enough to even participate in this contest? Probably not! Have I lost my mind? It was alreadly gone, my friends...it was already gone...

[!--quoteo(post=131777:date=Mar 13 2006, 11:45 AM:name=national acrobat)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(national acrobat @ Mar 13 2006, 11:45 AM) [snapback]131777[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Sorry, what are you trying to achieve?
[/quote]

Perfect spam.

If this thread has no further serious discussion to offer, just let it die and don't keep it alive artificially. Pretty please.

[!--quoteo(post=131786:date=Mar 13 2006, 02:51 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Mar 13 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]131786[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

If this thread has no further serious discussion to offer, just let it die and don't keep it alive artificially. Pretty please.
[/quote]

Request granted.
For some reason, I can't fathom the eact reason for the eternal praise heaped upon The X-Factor. That's not to say I don't like it-many of the songs feature Maiden's darkest, strongest and reflective pieces to date. But to me many of the songs sound, at least at the beginning, nearly identical. While I personally admire this album, especially considering the context of the recording (bad time for metal, new singer, Steve's depression), I still belive 7th son is Maiden's most progressive and enthralling work up until now.

As for Virtual XI, I personally prefer it to TXF. Perhaps it's because it was one of the first Maiden studio albums I bought (along with their s/t), but I love every song on it except tAatG (and even that isn't too bad, if you can put up with the chorus). Futureal is a great 'rocker'. Lightning Strikes Twice has some of the best guitar work of that era. The Clansman is just sexy. Two World's Collide is cheesy, but catchy. The Educated Fool has one of the most powerful prechoruses ever ('I want to live my life on my own...'), and Como Estais Amigo is just so emotional and heartfelt, its beautiful. The production is poor, but I would still prefer it to TXF. But only just-they're both great albums, and don't deserve all the bad press they recieve.

[!--quoteo(post=131777:date=Mar 13 2006, 03:45 AM:name=national acrobat)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(national acrobat @ Mar 13 2006, 03:45 AM) [snapback]131777[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Sorry, what are you trying to achieve?
[/quote]

World peace. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /] It was a peaceful war protest. I thought if I played TAATG enough times, we would all stop fighting, lay down our weapons and join hands in love and harmony. It didn’t work. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":(\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sad.gif\" /]
Anyway, back on topic, so as not to piss off Perun again (sorry, I forgot this wasn’t the madness forum!), I think the only thing I like more about VXI than TXF is the guitar solos. There are some great solos on TXF, but they seem to kind of get lost in it. The solos on VXI are more memorable. Janick’s solo in The Clansman is definitely one of my favorites (right up there with Davey’s in 22 Acacia Avenue and Adrian’s in CSIT and ATG!)

Back