Which songs should be played live?

Poto said:
I always get surprised when people doesn't want "Iron Maiden" to be played live. It's always been the song they "finish" their gigs with.

... and?

That doesn't make it a good song. In fact I would say it's their worst; that intro riff is so annoying.

bearfan said:
... they could be playing Pop Goes the Weasel the last 2 minutes and half they place would not notice it.

This.

I don't really strongly dislike any Maiden song except RTTH maybe, but Sanctuary seems too simplistic and juvenile for Maiden.

Thats true, but compare it to Phantom of the Opera or hell even Remember Tomorrow.  It really doesn't look good.  Each to their own though  :bigsmile:

Suicidehummer said:
... and?

That doesn't make it a good song. In fact I would say it's their worst; that intro riff is so annoying.

This.

Well.. You might think that. Fair enough, I can't decide which songs you should like. BUT, Maiden have always done this song. Every tour, every gig. In a way it's their signature song. And live it's really cool. Bruce say "Scream for me, something" and then Dave starts the song. And in the middle of the song Eddie pops ut. And at the end of the song Bruce does his usual routine "I want you, and you, and you... Iron Maiden is gonna get all of you. Thank you and good night from Iron Maiden, from Eddie and from the boys".

It's the perfect song to end their set with.

I'm just saying they could bring Eddie out during a song of better quality, and we'd all be just fine.  Yah it is a staple.  But that can change.  There is nothing more exciting than hearing a Maiden song for the first time live. [ Without the use of spoilers on my PC]
I'll just say this last tour brought much happiness and fresh stuff.  Then came I.M and Fear of the dark, { no spoiler tag needed hear, they always play those dregs.}and I said UGHHH

Here's my prediction:

The Final Frontier
El Dorado
Either Isle of Avalon or The Talisman
Wrathchild, 2 Minutes To Midnight, or the Trooper
Brave New World
Isle of Avalon or The Talisman
The Alchemist
Coming Home
Can I Play With Madness, The Clairvoyant or Lord of the Flies
The Clansman/Sign of the Cross/Infinite Dreams/Blood Brothers
When the Wild Wind Blows
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Encore:
The Number of the Beast/Run to the Hills/The Evil That Men Do
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Sanctuary/Running Free/Run to the Hills

LooseCannon said:
Here's my prediction:

The Final Frontier
El Dorado
Either Isle of Avalon or The Talisman
Wrathchild, 2 Minutes To Midnight, or the Trooper
Brave New World
Isle of Avalon or The Talisman
The Alchemist
Coming Home
Can I Play With Madness, The Clairvoyant or Lord of the Flies
The Clansman/Sign of the Cross/Infinite Dreams/Blood Brothers
When the Wild Wind Blows
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Encore:
The Number of the Beast/Run to the Hills/The Evil That Men Do
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Sanctuary/Running Free/Run to the Hills

I really like your prediction, the only thing I'd reverse is switching the first encore with Coming Home. That'd be such a strong song to start your encore with, and would remind me of how during the Death on the Road they busted out The Journeyman. Plus you know how the old timers in America can be about Maiden, they'd probably be happier if they got a "classic" in the middle of the set as opposed to saving them all til the end.

Back