Which songs should be played live?

I think they will play six or seven songs from the album. Five is not enough.

The Final Frontier
El Dorado
Coming Home
The Alchemist
When the Wild Wind Blows
+ one more. Maybe Starblind.

Satellite 15          > pre-recorded
The Final Frontier
El Dor oh no           > If i never hear this one again it will be to soon
The Trooper
Blood Brothers
The Alchemist
Isle of Avalon
Where the Wild Wind Blows
Can i Play with Madness     > Ugh
Wildest Dreams
These Colours Don't Run
Coming Home
Iron Maiden

Encore:
Two Minutes to Midnight
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run to the Hills

If Starblind isn't played I might riot... wait, I'm not British.  :p

In all seriousness, I hope they play the entire album, save El Dorado. Unfortunately, that's probably not going to happen due to album length and possible poor reaction from "fans."

Infinite Screams said:
If Starblind isn't played I might riot... wait, I'm not British.  :p

In all seriousness, I hope they play the entire album, save El Dorado. Unfortunately, that's probably not going to happen due to album length and possible poor reaction from "fans."

Yeah unfortunately they said they are not playing the whole album. I agree the whole album minus El Dorado would be perfect.

1. The Final Frontier
2. El Dorado
3. The Trooper
4. Coming Home
5. The Alchemist
6. Starblind
7. The Man Who Would Be King
8. 22 Acacia Avenue
9. When the Wild Wind Blows
10. Phantom of the Opera
11. 2 Minutes to Midnight
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
14. Infinite Dreams
15. Still Life
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

I wouldn't complain if they played those songs.  :shred:

I think they should just have a big weekend concert where they play every song on their discography. That way, nobody complains.

The best part is, by the end of it with the band exhausted and even the crowd passed out, Bruce will totally still be running around on stage.

LordMaiden said:
I think they should just have a big weekend concert where they play every song on their discography. That way, nobody complains.
I could get shot the next day and then still be fine.

I'd love to hear these 6:
The Talisman
When The Wild Wind Blows
Starblind
Isle Of Avalon
Coming Home
The Alchemist
LordMaiden said:
If I ever win the big, multi-million dollar lottery, I'll attempt to have a huge Maiden festival with exactly that.

I'm saying the locks are Final Frontier, Dorado, Coming Home, and TWWB

So, for the two (I'm assuming they'll play six) extras, I would say ... Alchemist and Mother of Mercy

I'm thinking TMWWBK is definitely out (even though it's great) and I would also assume Isle is out because the breakdown is just insane.

Starblind and Talisman would both be the outsiders, to me, in that they might play them, but likely will not. Both would be welcome in the setlist.

This album is amazing  :rocker: :rocker:

MaidenBrooklyn said:
I'm saying the locks are Final Frontier, Dorado, Coming Home, and TWWB

So, for the two (I'm assuming they'll play six) extras, I would say ... Alchemist and Mother of Mercy

I'm thinking TMWWBK is definitely out (even though it's great) and I would also assume Isle is out because the breakdown is just insane.

Starblind and Talisman would both be the outsiders, to me, in that they might play them, but likely will not. Both would be welcome in the setlist.

This album is amazing  :rocker: :rocker:
From here: http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=19769.0
RH: Do you think you will play TFF in full on this tour?
Bruce says they won't play the album in full on next tour like they did for AMOLAD. During the american gigs, they played "El Dorado" but this could change on the European tour. Bruce is convinced they will play more from the new album during the second leg. His wish would be to play 5 songs from TFF : Satellite 15, El Dorado, Coming Home, The Talisman, When the Wild Wind Blows cause he thinks they would sound perfectly live.

With TT being my favorite from the album, that makes me very happy!

I also think it's possible that Maiden themselves don't know yet what they will play.  I can see a scenario where the get together a few weeks before the start of the next leg of the tour, rehearse all the songs from the album, then decide on which songs sound the best to be played live.

I hope they scrap El Dorado.

In that case, 6 tracks from TFF I'd choose would be

- Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
- Isle of Avalon
- Starblind
- The Talisman
- TMWWBK
- WTWWB

Although really, I'd be happy with anything. I think all would sound great live. If they intercut those epics with some of their older but less played tracks (Infinite Dreams would be a good choice for the setlist), it could really be something special.

Or even better, have a 'deluxe concert' - they could play the entire album, and then have a dozen or so classics interspersed so certain people don't lose their marbles again. That would be unbelievable.

The perfect concert for me would be The Final Frontier in full with songs interspersed from Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son. I fully understand that this would never happen, but I can dream.

Intro: Satellite 15

The Final Frontier
El Dorado
Wasted Years
The Man Who Would Be King
Mother of Mercy
Isle of Avalon
The Talisman
Moonchild
The Alchemist
Infinite Dreams
Starblind
When The Wild Wind Blows
Encore
Caught Somewhere In Time
Coming Home
Stranger In A Strange Land

1. Satellite 15...The Final Frontier (I suppose everyone expects them to begin with these and they probably will, I'd be happy to be surprised, though!)
2. El Dorado (Also would like a surprise here. Man on the edge or some other Blaze song)
3. Wasted Years/Reunion song (Brave New World?)
4. Moonchild/Clairvoyant
5. Children of the Damned/Powerslave
6. The Trooper/2 Minutes to Midnight
7. The Alchemist/Mother of Mercy/Reunion song (?)
8. The Talisman
10. Revelations
11. Starblind
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
------------
14. Coming Home
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free

Just something I would like to see, with some songs that are just about 100% certain to be in. For some reason I want to hear Revelations and then Starblind right after that. + Children of the Damned at some point.

In a semi inebriated state, my brother and I were discussing Maiden albums. I jokingly said to him "take out Number of the Beast and Run to the Hills, and Number of the Beast is a really good album". After we'd laughed about it for a while, we realised how I was being half honest, and how sick of the two songs we were. I think Maiden should make a point of digging out at least one or two old gems each tour that have never been played live.

Anyways, I'd go with:

Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
El Dorado
Coming Home
Mother of Mercy
Starblind
The Talisman
When the Wild Wind Blows

I'm not sure they'll pick Mother of Mercy, but I'm fairly sure the others will be played. I personally love Isle of Avalon, but I'm not sure that will get played, and if they did, I don't think it would work as well as the other epics like The Talisman or Starblind.

Poto said:
1. The Final Frontier
2. El Dorado
3. The Trooper
4. Coming Home
5. The Alchemist
6. Starblind
7. The Man Who Would Be King
8. 22 Acacia Avenue
10. Phantom of the Opera
11. 2 Minutes to Midnight
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
14. Infinite Dreams
15. Still Life
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

I wouldn't complain if they played those songs.  :shred:

Infinite Dreams? In your dreams. But that setlist would kill. In fact, it would kick so much arse there wouldn't be a single unkicked arse within twenty miles.

Back