Which songs should be played live?

Rod found it to be too complex and that us maiden fans would not enjoy it.

Jeffmetal said:
According to a Bruce interview, this week, there'll be five new songs of the album: The Final Frontier, El Dorado, Coming Home, The Talisman and When The Wild Wind Blows.

According to Forostar, last November, there'll be five new songs of the album: The Final Frontier, El Dorado, Coming Home, The Talisman and When The Wild Wind Blows.   ;)

Well, not entirely because I expected a 6th song.

Cosmiceddie said:
The Final Frontier
The Talisman
When The Wild Wind Blows

:bigsurprise:

Amazing, there's only 'Mother Of Mercy' missing to make it perfect.

I agree! My four fave songs off the album.

I think WTWWB will be great live, but other than that, I'm not too satisfied.
But they'll play what they'll play and I'm most likely going to enjoy it. Now if I just could get that voice screaming "Starblind!" and "Isle of Avalon!" out of my head...

This is why the AMOLAD tour ruled so much, as no new songs were left out.

I think those 5 (TFF, El Dorado, Coming Home, Talisman, Wild Wind Blows) will make for good to great live songs though.  I mean El Dorado, a rather decent song, was 10 times better live. 

As cool as Starblind and Isle of Avalon are, and they are my favorites by far, I just don't see them being good live songs. 

Forostar said:
According to Forostar, last November, there'll be five new songs of the album: The Final Frontier, El Dorado, Coming Home, The Talisman and When The Wild Wind Blows.  ;)

Well, not entirely because I expected a 6th song.

I bet you don't have that voice Bruce has.

My ideal Maiden set-list:

Phantom Of The Opera
Phantom Of The Opera
Phantom Of The Opera
Phantom Of The Opera
Phantom Of The Opera
Phantom Of The Opera
Phantom Of The Opera
Phantom Of The Opera
Hooks In You
Phantom Of The Opera
------------------------------
Phantom Of The Opera
Hooks In You
Phantom Of The Opera

Madness???  :huh:

THIS IZ MAIDENFANNNNZZZZZZZZ!!!!    :mad:

*unleashes POTO*  :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:  :shred:  :edmetal: :shred: :shred: :edmetal: :edmetal:

That was madness...  :bigsmile:

mtmccox said:
But you have the point with Phantom :lol:

[thousand_suns]
I am to think dat you are rite, mtmccox. I think that POTO is Maiden's worst song, but it's the greatest song ever written. Even if Hooks In You is my favorite Maiden song, it can't save itself from Phantom's wrath, thus Hooks > Phantom[/thousand_suns]

So, according to (fake) t_s response, Phantom is the greatest song ever written.  :nuts:  :notworthy:

:smartarse: ....  :spam2: ...  :blink:

I should have saved that post for madness forum... Oh, well...

My final decision: Phantom is my 8th favorite Maiden song.

Back to the topic: Isle Of Avalon and Starblind would sound really good live.

portermoresby said:
Because it insanely kicks ass?
i know this is an old quote but I found Foro's post about the reason why it almost didn't make the album.
Forostar said:
I've translated the following piece with Steve Harris from an interview in the latest Aardschok (Dutch rock & metal magazine).

Location: Toronto / date: probably 3 Juli 2010, the concert date, since the gig was reviewed by the interviewer.

Steve Harris:
“Another extreme is “The Man Who Wouldn’t Be King”. It is a challenging, capricious composition. Because of that reason, Rod didn’t want it on the record. It would be too difficult for the average listener. I let myself have my own way with this. I think it’s good if a record can give something to everybody: direct and complex songs.”
Grins: “I should remember to play the album to our manager when everything is done and when nothing can be changed anymore.”

Back