Which songs should be played live?

Eddies Wingman said:
Infinite Dreams? In your dreams. But that setlist would kill. In fact, it would kick so much arse there wouldn't be a single unkicked arse within twenty miles.

I know that setlist is unrealistic. But I would love to hear those songs live.

So would I. In fact, if you just throw in one newer song, it would be perfect.

I have sometimes thought that Blood Brothers should become the new Fear Of The Dark. On this tour, it has shown that it is truly a special song live, and I would rather hear that song than FOTD for the next few tours.I put this in spoilers because it implies that it is played on the current tour - and there are still five more shows to go.

Should be played list for 2011, I see this as a wishlist.

A few TFF-wishes:

Isle of Avalon
Starblind
The Alchemist

Other songs I'd like to hear:
* Any pre-TFF song (fill in yourself) never played live.
* Any eighties or nineties song (fill in yourself) not played in the 21st century

If not one single song of these wishes might come out, I'll admit that I'm going to be a bit disappointed, so be prepared. ;) (Come on: How would they skip all of those fantastic TFF tracks?)

Sat 15....The Final Frontier
El Dorado
The Trooper
Coming Home
The Alchemist
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
Blood Brothers
The Talisman
The Evil That Men Do
Starblind
Where the Wild Wind Blows
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Ilse of Avalon
Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Angel And The Gambler

This setlist would be fair on each guitarist in regards to solos.

Songs with solos(giving each guitarist a solo for iron maiden):

H = 10
Dave = 13
Janick = 10

It mixes 80s with reunion with TFF.

It mixes rockers with prog.

It could use a Blaze track but I've run out of space, having reached the mandatory 16 song limit.

Maybe TETMD or BB to be replaced by Man on the Edge or The Clansman respectively.

The Angel and the Gambler was added as a joke, but come to think of it...it would make a great closer. The roadies could start packing up and the crowd could go home while the final chorus is still going...

The Mid-Distance Runner said:
The Angel and the Gambler was added as a joke, but come to think of it...it would make a great closer. The roadies could start packing up and the crowd could go home while the final chorus is still going...

Hahaha.  :)  :ok:

I'm personally going to hold onto the optimistic belief that the "we aren't playing the whole album live" means we get Sat 15 over the PA, then they play the rest of it live :D

Throw in IM, Hallowed, maybe TETMD, an AMOLAD gem (These Colors, Brighter, Lord of Light) and maybe Blood Brothers/FOTD and i'm sold.

Coming Home
Isle of Avalon
Starblind
The Talisman
When the Wild Wind Blows

I also hope they drop El Dorado, and I could care less about the title track, either. I might be down with The Alchemist, though, as it is a nice short energetic song.

LogJam said:
I hope they scrap El Dorado.

In that case, 6 tracks from TFF I'd choose would be

- Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
- Isle of Avalon
- Starblind
- The Talisman
- TMWWBK
- WTWWB

... If they intercut those epics with some of their older but less played tracks (Infinite Dreams would be a good choice for the setlist), it could really be something special.

Totally agree with the above: scrap El Dorado, play the six gems above (and maybe add Mother of Mercy) and resurrect Infinite Dreams!

The Mid-Distance Runner said:

Brilliant, mate! :D Have a praise!

My six picks:

TFF
El Dorado
Coming Home
The Alchemist
Starblind
The Talisman

Thanks for the praise Ranko formerly known as Gulranek! \m/  It's a tough audience on these boards at times, makes a man question the quality of his material and his contributions...

After what must now be heading towards a hundred listens of this album I feel that Mother of Mercy would sound brilliant live.  It is quite a heavy song, particularly the chorus and the ending riffs, and would become heavier in the live environment in the way TXF songs did...a potential moshable number.

And being the number 3 song on the album tracklist increases the chances of MoM being played.  I think the 3rd song on the album tracklist has featured on every gig of the corresponding tour of that album since Sea of Madness was removed from the Somewhere on Tour playlist in January 1987, two shows before I saw them live...weep weep.

Good to see you again Cosmiceddie!

What I want:

Coming Home
The Alchemist
Isle Of Avalon
The Talisman
...and any more they want to add.

What we'll actually see... S15-TFF, El Dorado, Mother Of Mercy, Coming Home, When The Wild Wind Blows and one more. Depends on if Maiden want a show of short songs to get more in - then it's The Alchemist. If we get a nice RiR-style setlist with some epics, I think Isle Of Avalon is most likely (Starblind is possible).

Isle of Avalon over Starblind? Hmm. Depends on how difficult the instrumental section is to play. I think The Talisman is a cert, which I consider to be a shame - it's an okay song, but I find myself liking it less and less.

I would like them to play all of it.  I gained a lot of respect for them when they did that for AMOLAD.

Having written that, Coming Home is crap, Mother of Mercy is weak, and Satellite 15 is weird and mediocre (but will be an appropriate intro before the show really starts with The Final Frontier).  The rest of the songs are worthwhile, and my ranking is currently

WTWWB
S
TT
TMWWBK
IOA
TA
ED
TFF

It's a given that TFF and ED will be played.  So if we get only 6 new songs, I hope for the top 4 from my list.

I'd like to see them to play the all new songs but contrary to AMOLAD Tour, this time they do different set of songs for different venue or otherwise, if they've two consecutive dates at the same venue, then we'll have the entire album being played!

Since this thread is asking what songs we would like to see played live, even though it's probably not going to happen, I'd love for them to do like AMOLAD and play the entire album.

Back