War Of Epics: Results

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
I didn't expect my Genesis suggestions to go far, but good to see King Crimson doing well. One of my Top 3 bands.

* I'm finding this to be a reaction I have to many of the songs in this game. Too many seem to be long for length's sake. There are some 3-hour movies that are gripping throughout (e.g., Pulp Fiction, Godfather 1 & 2, LotR trilogy), and many more that are boring and drag (e.g., The Green Mile). If I think one of these "epics" strays into Green Mile territory, there are far less likely from getting my vote. Odyssey is not it THAT league, but this is a rough guideline in my mind.
If we're talking Tolkien, I rather hear my epics The Hobbit-style. Less dragging, as opposed to many LOTR scenes.

If we're talking Tolkien, I rather hear my epics The Hobbit-style. Less dragging, as opposed to many LOTR scenes.
Can't tell if Foro is joking, or maybe just talking about the books. If talking about the movies...:confused:. The recent Hobbit trilogy is the definition of "dragging" and length for length's sake -- two movies too long. They were fine as light entertainment, but easily forgotten, while the LotR trilogy films (there were actually three books!!) were masterpieces. But I/we digress.

Phase 1, Round 11 Results:
The Odyssey and Ghost Love Score are promoted, The Court Of The Crimson King and Sol Invictus are eliminated.
User standings are updated here.

Phase 1, Round 12:
vs.
-
vs.

The second matchup is an absolute nightmare. Both songs are leagues ahead of the ones in the first matchup.

Both of NP's songs.

I'm not a big fan of Dante's Inferno, but I don't really like that Beatles medley at all.

Deliverance is just amazing.

Abbey Road Medley has some cool moments, but overall it doesn't feel like one song... because it isn't! :p Dante's Inferno is legendary.

Child In Time and Deliverance are both amazing songs... but the latter wins just because of that ending.

Dante is an awesome song and should advance in this game, but the collection of melodies that is Abbey Road is the Beatles' best work.
I understand it wasn't composed as a single piece, but disagree that it doesn't work as that.

Again, the Opeth track is stronger than a lot that have advanced in this game, but it's just not Child In Time.

Beatles medley is way more unified than any of those Iced Earth trilogies. Abbey Road may not have been written as a single piece, but it was arranged as one.

Back