War Of Epics: Results

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Holy hell, the Beatles are going to beat one of the best long songs in the history of metal.

First, don't count those chickens. There's only 13 votes in. There may be 2 or 3 yet to come.

Second, yeah. It was a brutal choice. Probably the toughest in this game so far for me. Both are masterpieces. The Beatles are more "extreme": weaker weak spots, but stronger strong parts. IE is more consistent in terms of quality, and the lyrics are a good adaptation of the source. The End is what clinched it for me; the way the Beatles medley ends is timeless.

Phase 1, Round 12 Results:
Dante's Inferno and Child In Time are promoted, Abbey Road Medley and Deliverance are eliminated.
User standings are updated here.

Phase 1, Round 13:
vs.
-
vs.

November Rain has the best guitar solo(s) ever. Halo is solid, but it doesn't stand a chance in this match.

Second match is also a no-brainer. As Rome Burns is one of the most epic songs in this game, while Pigs (Three Different Ones) is one of the most overrated ones.

Phase 1, Round 13 Results:
November Rain and As Rome Burns are promoted, Halo and Pigs (Three Different Ones) are eliminated.
User standings are updated here.

Phase 1, Round 14:
vs.
-
vs.

Black Light Machine has OK solo section, but the style and the production is really not my cup of tea... too much electronic crap, not much epicness. In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth - 3 is also quite disappointing... too plodding and boring instrumentally, however the ending is pretty good, so it wins this match.

Metropolis, Part 1 - The Miracle & The Sleeper isn't as awesome as everyone here makes it out to be, but it's still pretty awesome, and it easily beats In The Shadow Of Another World which is pretty epic, but has shit production and is overall just not as good.

Btw. RTC is now the only one capable of winning all 4 of his Phase 1 matches :)

You're too late. Metropolis is supposed to arrive early May.
?

Bleh. The only sudden "comfort" I have, is that the other black metal tracks did not survive as well (revenge in reverse).

It's a bit pathetic to defend an own song that's doing so badly, but really, it deserves positive attention:
The Sear Bliss song has some unforgetabble melodies, and awesome sometimes classical arrangements. The production is not shitty, certainly not for black metal standards.

Last edited:
Back