The Next Album (expectations / desires)

:yey: I'm here!
My first post.
It seems very ...intelligent 'round here!

I do like the idea of "two albums" that Bruce teased us with at the end of 'Run To The Hills' ('Dance Of Death' updated version).
Two albums would be unique and absolutely FUN!

They have more than enough talent between them.
For example:
Nicko - 1 song
Dave - 2, possibly 3 songs
Bruce - 3 or 4 songs
Janick - 4 songs
H - 5 songs
'arry - 80 songs  :p
- yeah, they could pull off 18 to 20 songs.

I would absolutely LOVE a couple more "Pass The Jam" style b-sides also!!!
((I thought it was and IS very fun to experience the boys "having a jam"))

Metal Edge recently interviewed Maiden, and altho Steve has "always thought that they would do 15 albums", he did say that "they would do 1 or 2 more for luck, but we'll see how we go".

When all is said and done, there will be at least 3 more studio albums, even if the 3rd is a "retirement sucks" album!!!

About producers, I like Kev very much, and I so hope to get a 5.1 to drink in the magic!
What about bringing Martin Birch back?
I know he's retired, but, he could certainly spend a couple of weeks with the greatest band on earth! - not too bad a pass time, no?

It's very very soon to talk about the future studio albums,for the next we have to wait 2010,for the next one again nothing has been confirmed.Yes Steve said that on metal edge,but Bruce didn't mention yet other two studio albums after a matter of life and death.For now they announced only next one for 2010.

They aren't going to do SBIT stuff all over again? Please no.

At this point I think that they will do a greatest hits show!!!!!!!! It will not be a second leg of the somewhere back in time tour!
Bruce had said in sao paulo seven months ago that they will come back in one year!!! So a short tour in south america in march could be true!! The same thing he said in chile.
We have to see if they will come back to australia too early next year.

Navigators Son said:
I do like the idea of "two albums" that Bruce teased us with at the end of 'Run To The Hills' ('Dance Of Death' updated version).
Two albums would be unique and absolutely FUN!

never heard of that!  :blink: it would be awesome though (I remember me being very jealous by the release of Mezmerize /Hypnotize albums)

Navigators Son said:
I would absolutely LOVE a couple more "Pass The Jam" style b-sides also!!!
((I thought it was and IS very fun to experience the boys "having a jam"))

:ok: I too, find this song one of the finest moments of 2003 !! ...and I certainly prefer it to some DOD propre numbers

Navigators Son said:
Metal Edge recently interviewed Maiden, and altho Steve has "always thought that they would do 15 albums", he did say that "they would do 1 or 2 more for luck, but we'll see how we go".

that's a good info too!

ps : welcome !

The Clairvoyant said:
At this point I think that they will do a greatest hits show!!!!!!!! It will not be a second leg of the somewhere back in time tour!

What do you think the Somewhere Back In Time Tour was, a montage of new material designed to showcase recent albums?

The Clairvoyant said:

This is something that cannot go without being quoted multiple times, lol. I think you need to have a hard think about what you just said  ;)

Ardius said:
This something that cannot go without being quoted multiple times, lol. I think you need to have a hard think about what you just said  ;)

I only gave my opinion,maybe that they will do a second leg of somewhere back in time tour next year...maybe greatest hits shows,I don't know!!!!!!!
We shall see...

My point is that Somewhere Back In Time Tour is a greatest hits show, and you'd be rather hard-pressed to swap songs out from the setlist of the SBITT to add in other "hits".

You didn't understand the meaning of what I wanted to say.
I wanted to say that during next year tour(only in places where they didn't play recently),they will do a greatest hits show with songs from every album,from iron maiden to a matter of life and death like "give me ed till I'm dead tour summer 2003 before dance of death tour.

You didn't get his point.  All the "greatest hits" songs are from the SBIT era already.  Maiden probably won't play much newish material, so it'll essentially be SBIT tour 2.

national acrobat said:
If they were to do a "Greatest Hits" tour drawing songs from any album, there would be at least a few post 1992 songs however.

Like....Fear of the Dark?

Oh, wait.

Paschendale. Is it me or does anyone else expect this once more in a set list.

Clansman
Sign of the Cross
Something from AMOLAD, these colours don't run?

Back