The Next Album (expectations / desires)

What about The Wicker Man?  That's always been popular.  I'm pretty sure they'd play it on a Greatest Hits tour if they did one of their whole catalogue.

On 2010 when they will do an album tour I think they will play songs post 1992 with fear of the dark clearly.
On the tour after that they should play songs from 90's through virtual XI....according to some predictions.
So songs from 1990 until now will be played clearly on the future tours.

Yeah. With addition of Iron Maiden, Run To The Hills, The Trooper, Hallowed Be Thy Name and Number Of The Beast. So if they choose to play, let's say, seven tracks from new album, that leaves 4 entries on the possible 16-song setlist. Fear Of The Dark, one BNW song, one DOD song and one AMOLAD song.

The Clairvoyant said:
It seems that maiden will begin to work on the next album after summer 2009!!!!!!!

I checked the main Iron Maiden.com page, and it sure doesn't say that anywhere.  So, where did this come from?

I have a friend on the fanclub and he read an interview with nicko on IMFC magazine where he said that after summer 2009 maiden will be ready to record the new album!!

Well, that's cool.  Hopefully it is so.  I wonder if anyone has the link or transcription.

Because early next year they will do a short tour around february-march.
I don't know if you read that maiden will play probably in brazil in march.....and it seems that in the summer nicko will do a drum clinic solo!
Now everyone should know that the new album will be out in 2010...so.....!!!!!

LooseCannon said:
Well, that's cool.  Hopefully it is so.  I wonder if anyone has the link or transcription.
Q. Are you looking forward to recording the next album and subsequent tour with new songs?
A. After the tour with me mate Phil, which should be around the summer time, Maiden will be ready to start work on a new album.

Good magazine this one, my mug's on a few pages. :bigsmile:

The Clairvoyant said:
I have a friend on the fanclub and he read an interview with nicko on IMFC magazine where he said that after summer 2009 maiden will be ready to record the new album!!

Yeah, Nicko also said something about AMOLAD being a concept album in early 2006.

Because early next year they will do a short tour around february-march.
I don't know if you read that maiden will play probably in brazil in march.....

I only ever read it in this thread, and it was always only you claiming that. Can you point me to a credible source, please?

I don't, Yahoo! Babel Fish does.

The article says that all information is unconfirmed and/or vague, and it doesn't cite a source except Bruce's excited rant at a gig.

I'm not believing a word until it says so on ironmaiden.com.

As you like it. Bruce in sao paulo said that maiden will come back next year for a great show,the link I posted say that maiden will probably play in south america in march 2009....dates have to be decided yet...but it will be announced surely!!!

Nothing is for sure here.

We've seen this many times before.  In the A Matter Of The Beast Tour, Bruce said that Maiden would play "Alexander The Great" next time in Greece.

Guess what?  They didn't play it.

Bruce rants are not credible.  The link you provided apparently only references a Bruce rant as a source - thus, it too is not credible.  If Maiden does a tour next year, super.  If not?  I won't be shocked.

Perun said:
I don't, Yahoo! Babel Fish does.

The article says that all information is unconfirmed and/or vague, and it doesn't cite a source except Bruce's excited rant at a gig.

I'm not believing a word until it says so on ironmaiden.com.

Oh well, that's what I deserve for being a smart ass.  :D

LooseCannon said:
Bruce rants are not credible.  The link you provided apparently only references a Bruce rant as a source - thus, it too is not credible. 

He's not too credible about the past either.  In the Tampere gig this year in Finland, he said it was his first time playing there with Maiden (the point being that he had been there with his solo band), but he had been there two years previously during the AMOLAD tour... :D

LooseCannon said:
Nothing is for sure here.

We've seen this many times before.  In the A Matter Of The Beast Tour, Bruce said that Maiden would play "Alexander The Great" next time in Greece.

Guess what?  They didn't play it.

Bruce rants are not credible.  The link you provided apparently only references a Bruce rant as a source - thus, it too is not credible.  If Maiden does a tour next year, super.  If not?  I won't be shocked.

He promised in brazil the coming back of the band.
Me too,I won't be shocked....because the real next tour will be in 2010.Next year if they do a tour they will not play in europe,they will not play in north america.
Anyway at this point....let's wait!

The Clairvoyant said:
because the real next tour will be in 2010.Next year if they do a tour they will not play in europe,they will not play in north america.

Here, the clairvoyant speaks. Where do you know that from?

Back