The Next Album (expectations / desires)

You should have. It's the first heavy metal song about system administration.

Oh yeah, that's the one with the chorus:

Access denied Motha F%*!er!

Right, got it!

gulranek said:
No offense to you, Ardius, but I find this a load of BS, the main clue being that the set will be "mixed about a bit each night". That will never happen on a Maiden tour. Also the 13 dates posted on an unofficial site that has no connection to the Maiden community kind of contradict Rod's official statement about only 2 UK shows in 2 years. :D

No offense taken and point taken.  :)

Deano said:
Oh yeah, that's the one with the chorus:

Right, got it!

Nah, it goes:
Tables, Forms, Reports
Marcros, Queries, Relationships, do it all again!

Won't you Run as Administrator, live to subnet...
Subnet to live, schedule backups or die....

There goes the kernel, it's been up whole day
There goes the core, it's now in the dump
Out for the debug, we've just got to d-trace it
That broken module, fix'n'recompile

Mark all those sysctls and run through the hashes
Check every pointer, no memory to waste
Gathering data from all those assemblies
Gotta get it fixed before 8 A.M.

Patching, compiling, crashing
Debugging, tracing, crashing, all over again

Code, live to compile, compile to live, do or die
Code, live to complie, compile to live, UNIX high.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And this little poem of mine is exactly how kernel programming under BSD UNIX works  :D

Awesome, Zare, awesome.  But since we're making fun of a new member's spelling, didn't anyone notice this?
I hope, their next album will be in 80's style. I'd like to hear new Powerslave: One loooong epic(like TROTAM), few rocky songs with great riffs(4-6 minutes long like 2MTM), few fast energic tracks max 5 minutes length, like Access High , and INSTRUMENTAL song once again. Something on Genghis Chan style. YEAH that would be great!

Genghis Chan, 1206-1227, Chinese warlord and responsible for the largest contiguous empire in history.

But yeah, Access was better. :D

Zare said:
There goes the kernel, it's been up whole day
There goes the core, it's now in the dump
Out for the debug, we've just got to d-trace it
That broken module, fix'n'recompile

Mark all those sysctls and run through the hashes
Check every pointer, no memory to waste
Gathering data from all those assemblies
Gotta get it fixed before 8 A.M.

Patching, compiling, crashing
Debugging, tracing, crashing, all over again

Code, live to compile, compile to live, do or die
Code, live to complie, compile to live, UNIX high.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And this little poem of mine is exactly how kernel programming under BSD UNIX works  :D

This is brilliant! :D

OK, OK, very funny. I'm not English so laugh. I thought it was 'Access high', as 'To get high' or 'Enter the highs'.

Don't take it personally, we do it to pretty much all new members and this stuff just tends to be carried too far.  Your post wasn't even all that bad. :)

Dead Boss said:
OK, OK, very funny. I'm not English so laugh. I thought it was 'Access high', as 'To get high' or 'Enter the highs'.

Haha, no worries.  Aces is a most different term to access, but I can see the confusion.  These clowns will behave now.

Clowns!  Behave!

I just learnt that downloading has another disadvantage:

Besides not hearing the lyrics well, it's also possible that "download"-people don't read (well) either. They miss the booklet and in some cases don't even care to look them up on internet. Or in some other cases they don't even read the filename of their mp3.

And I thought it is almost impossible to make that mistake. I still can't believe it.

Clowns!  Behave!

images

Forostar said:
I just learnt that downloading has another disadvantage:

Besides not hearing the lyrics well, it's also possible that "download"-people don't read (well) either. They miss the booklet and in some cases don't even care to look them up on internet. Or in some other cases they don't even read the filename of their mp3.

And I thought it is almost impossible to make that mistake. I still can't believe it.

Indeed, I believe Weird Al Yankovic in particular hates this because pretty much every parody song ever created gets mis-attributed to him.

Put on top of that, that even online music shops occasionally spell things wrong or there's the ones that use user-input to allow people to have their music automatically named for them, like Windows Media Player and iTunes, which frequently spell things wrong.

Hell, you should have seen my first Maiden MP3s.  Half of them were mislabelled as the wrong song completely.  I recall having a 6-minute Rime of the Ancient Mariner that probably was Powerslave, a Hallowed Be Thy Name that was labelled as The Number of the Beast, and a Phantom of the Opera that I never found out what it really was.  I also had Brave New World and Fear of the Dark as cover versions and it took me forever to realise they weren't by Maiden. :halo:

To this day, I have a few albums with a few wrongly labelled tracks that I haven't bothered to fix.  And this is precisely why I no longer download from P2P programs or torrents.

Dead Boss said:

LooseCannon said:
Haha, no worries.  Aces is a most different term to access, but I can see the confusion.  These clowns will behave now.

Clowns!  Behave!

Hey, I just noticed that you didn't explain why it was 'Aces'.  Correct me, but I think its 'Aces High', cause an Ace is one that has had so many kills or some such.  I'm sure our resident expert on military history could clarify.

Wasted155 said:

Hey, I just noticed that you didn't explain why it was 'Aces'.  Correct me, but I think its 'Aces High', cause an Ace is one that has had so many kills or some such.  I'm sure our resident expert on military history could clarify.

To be a fighter "ace", you need to have 4 kills. That's all. Its only 4 because in the early days of air warfare you were lucky to get back in one piece let alone have 1 kill. It still applies nowadays, because pilots rarely see enough action to get that many kills.

Because the song is about the Battle of Britain, and specifically from the perspective of the RAF, its referring to fighter aces fighting high in the sky.

Back