The Marvel Thread (Spoilers, and language!)

If you're correct, that's a great way to save what could be a disaster. Drew Goddard would fill Edgar Wright's place perfectly. He may not have the same personal style that Edgar has, but at least the sense of humor and whimsy is there.

EDIT: Although, after reading the article, seems like the timeline for Sinister Six has moved up and that's the reason for his exit.

There's lots of mixed things going around about Wright's firing/departure. Main ones I've heard so far

- He got attached to the property back in 2006, before an MCU existed. As such his intention for the film was not part of a larger universe (which it now needs to be), and also more of his traditional comedy/semi-parody style rather than a proper superhero flick.
- Marvel changed the original lineup for the Avengers from the comic one that included Ant-Man/Wasp, and even changed Ultrons creator from being Hank Pym so that Wright could do his vision of the story. But after 8 years he is behind schedule and they are pissed that they changed so many intentions for him only for him to not deliver
- Disney execs are starting to try and take more control over the MCU like they did with Pixar, being hands off for the first few years and taking over later, and they ordered too many changes to his script so he walked.

There's no way of knowing whats correct yet. Also re: Daredevil, I've heard someone who worked with Whedon on Buffy/Angel is now taking over?
EDIT: This guy - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_S._DeKnight

- He got attached to the property back in 2006, before an MCU existed. As such his intention for the film was not part of a larger universe (which it now needs to be), and also more of his traditional comedy/semi-parody style rather than a proper superhero flick.

Tone is my biggest suspicion. I understand that Marvel doesn't want something too cheeky or a parody film, but let's get real: it's ANT MAN. The superhero who is an ant. Come on, guys.

There's no way of knowing whats correct yet. Also re: Daredevil, I've heard someone who worked with Whedon on Buffy/Angel is now taking over?
EDIT: This guy - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_S._DeKnight

Yeah, Steve DeKnight is good. I cannot complain about another Whedon alum taking the reins!

Saw X-Men DOFP today. And while I thoroughly enjoyed it, there are so many plot holes and inconsistencies and questions raised that it's simply mind-boggling. Nothing in the series makes sense with the movie, except for First Class (of which there are certain elements that are completely written out simply because Bryan Singer doesn't care about them - one of these, the supreme lack of January Jones' duller-than-dull Emma Frost, I'm quite happy about). Although it's nice to see the two casts together and everyone running around being all mutanty, the film pretty much retcon's the entire series up to this point. If you've seen it, you'll know what I mean. My brain hurts just thinking about it.

Perhaps the most annoying thing is yet to come, however, when we see Quicksilver (who steals every scene in which he appears in DOFP) pop up in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Because Marvel and Fox could not come to an agreement, but both have legal rights to the character, Quicksilver will be played by two completely different actors, in two completely different worlds, with nary a mention between. Marvel's getting more confusing by the day.

Just think of every single X-Men movie as its own alternate universe :p

From what I know, and I haven't seen the movie, their goal for DOFP was to erase The Last Stand completely, and all the inconsistencies from following movies.

Yeah. I thought the new X movie pretty much wiped the slate clean so they can do what they want with whatever characters they want.

I thought the same and that's how I came to understand the movie. I wasn't confused at all. No more Last Stand is the most important. :D

Saw DOFP. Was awesome.
James McAvoy was spectacular. Might be the best performance in an X-Men movie so far.
I tried to not think about all the inconsistencies, so I enjoyed the movie a lot :D I do wonder if this means that basically all of The Last Stand and both Wolverine movies are erased from the timeline now. And even some of the stuff from the first movies.
4cG8QLG.gif

One of the things that I really liked is that finally Wolverine wasn't the main character. Don't get me wrong, I love Wolverine, but they neglected some of the characters in the first 3 movies whereas he was in the spotlight too much. This movie finally had a true ensemble where everyone was equally important (Wolverine, Professor X, Magneto and Raven/Mystique) and all of them had very cool moments. It's sad that we probably won't see the old or "future" cast anymore, except for Wolverine 'cause he doesn't age. I hope they introduce younger Cyclops in the next movie and finally make him as good as he's in the comics. James Marsden was good, but his arc in the movies was mostly really bad.

Loved Days of future past. As for Daredevil never heard of that actor but Daredevil is one my favourite marvel characters. And when it comes to the fantastic four please do something worthy for DR DOOM's character(my favourite marvel villain)

Oh man, that is fucking perfect, and it sure adds to the "all-star cast" thing they have going on. Hopefully he has a several-picture deal.

Main group of directors meeting with Marvel to replace Wright include Rawson Thurber, Adam McKay, and Ruben Fleischer. Jonathan Levine also in the mix.

later...

Rawson Thurber is the frontrunner, Ruben Fleischer just had a baby with his wife "and may be reluctant to take a demanding gig that will require such a big commitment".

Back