The Marvel Thread (Spoilers, and language!)

Nice, lots of new footage and less of a "show the team" so much as "show the film". Also glad they didn't use the "Who are you?" line again, it was getting old ;)

More film dates, Cap is the only known one.

1st May 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron
17th July 2015 - Antman
6th May 2016 - Captain America 3
8th July 2016
5th May 2017
28th July 2017 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2
3rd November 2017
4th May 2018
6th July 2018
2nd November 2018
3rd May 2019

3 films in 2017! Hopefully they make it a regular thing :D

2 GotG clips if anyone wants to see them (straight clips, not trailers/tv spots etc)

EDIT: Added another one, 3 films in 2017 and 2018, AWESOME!
If they stick with the same time as they have been so far, Avengers 3 should be may 2018, which leaves 4 unknown films before it (good guess would be Thor3, GotG2 and Dr. Strange... with one other new franchise), and then 3 for phase 4 :eek:

EDIT 2: SDCC announced GotG2 for 2017, no other announcements o_O

Last edited:
So, just back from seeing Guardians of the Galaxy (ty Prowler for the competition link). Little goodie bag on all the seats, nothing fancy, a poster a drink and some choclate to eat, and a speech from a Marvel exec beforehand to explain that it was being shown at the same time as the european premiere in London. Anyway...

... I think that might be my favourite of all of Marvels films to date. Audience laughing like crazy, film was really funny but didn't feel forced at any point, or that it took away from the drama of the situations. There was a few real heartfelt moments in there and some nice little easter eggs. I'll be going to see it again when it comes out for sure, both because I thoroughly enjoyed it and because (sadly) there was no after credits scene on the early showing :( Bit of swearing in there and one joke that kids won't get but adults will, something I was really surprised they got in there tbh.

If anyone wants to ask anything, I shall respond either in PM or with spoiler tags. But I don't suspect anyone does want to ask because it's only another week to wait anyway.

Other than that I have two words: FCKING. AWESOME.

Oh, my first time seeing a film in 3D. It took a bit of getting used to, it definitely made it cooler but if I had to see it without I would hardly be unhappy.

Anyone else seen it? I'm going to see it tomorrow, can't wait. 3D version, 'cause I didn't want to wait for 2D, however, I'll probably see it twice and the second time it'll be in 2D :D

Also, @Crimson Idol: prepare your spoilered review :D

It looks just fine in 3D. Actually filmed for 3D, so the dark scenes aren't too dark, etc.

Yes, it was...fantastic, I loved it.

That was so awesome. It redefines the word awesome. It's so fucking good.

Also, DC bitches backed out of the battle with Cap 3, they moved BvS movie to March 2016 :D

Saw Guardians today, was really fun! Awesome characters, decent plot line, and some really stunning action scenes. I loved the humor in it too. Definitely prefer this to Avengers (last Marvel film I saw).

Also my first time going into a movie without knowing anything about it prior (trailers, plot info, etc). Really made for a better experience, will have to do that more often.

First time I had to download a soundtrack after seeing the movie. It's pretty chill.

I also didn't want to watch all the clips/trailers except for the 3 basic ones. Succesfully avoided all spoilers :D

Now 8 months till the next movie :(

Glad you enjoyed GOTG, Bit underused villains (marvel trait sadly) imo, but the film was fantastic.

8 months till movie sure, but 6 weeks till AoS :D

Cool (fan made) GotG poster:
zeROMkw.png

My officially unofficial AoS season 2 prediction: when they translate the Kree writing that Coulson has been carving into walls (because I guess you can't write Kree on paper?) it turns out to say "For a good time call Gamora."

Back