The Marvel Thread (Spoilers, and language!)

Arrow (mentioned it quite a bit lately >.> Feels like I'm harping) is the finale next week too, but the last 2 episodes have both been pretty intense on their own. I do agree though most shows tend to have a build-up week first.

I think everyone's seen it now? So I'm going to risk forgoing the spoilers!

Raina said something about there being something in common with her and Skye's blood. Now naturally that could be as simple as blood type but if that was it the show would be somewhat lame, until the later monster comment I was actually thinking Raina might be Skye's mother (although it's been mentioned in the past that the parents/village were killed, it isn't a garauntee). She told Coulson she had been inside the memory device, so perhaps she had lost her memory somewhere and hence didn't know until recently that she had a child, or why her blood was different, etc.

I somewhat suspect the Fitz & Simmons trapped in a box to potentially die will lead to Fitz telling her. Hell, you never know, the whole Trip thing recently (I still affirm that early on, and especially when the pair were alone, she showed zero indication of interest) might be her trying to make Fitz take notice with her wily womanly ways <_<

Garrett's sudden collapse came at an ideal moment, just as Ward was rebelling. I do sense a Ward redemption attempt and as soon as the control is broken over Mikelok he will be going for revenge! His paraphrasing of "It wasn't personal" to Ward last ep was a quite clear indication that he loathes them for the whole thing including how they treat the team, and will fight back in whatever way he can.

tumblr_n4hx5gs8q21s6bjwgo1_500.gif

Next episode clip

and opening scene

Nothing too spoilery, but naturally if you don't want to know anything about it ahead of time, don't click :p

HOLY CRAP.

So this episode was amazing! I can't believe they got Sam Jackson to do a whole episode (even if his acting screamed, "I'm fulfilling a contract obligation and I don't really want to be here"). Still don't like the whole Fitz-loves-Simmons thing, I wish they had just kept them with a platonic love. Oh well. I hope they don't make Fitz really serious, as a result of the brain damage. Fitz-Simmons are my favorite!

Coulson was killing it this week, as was May. "You were never on top." :ok: "Did you take out all your anger?"-"Is he still breathing?" :okok:

Garrett's brief return is the funniest thing I've seen all season. I'll bet Joss wrote that. Very similar to the Hulk bashing the crap out of Loki in Avengers.

Glad to see that even if they try to redeem Ward, Skye and Coulson will never forgive him.

Two cheers for Mikelok finally getting his dues, I hope we see more of him next season. Two more big cheers for the return of Patton Oswalt! I'm assuming they just have a bunch of clones running these secret bases?

So, my live ramblings
The incentives program you say? Interesting...
Oooo, they called him Xeller! Mikelok's handler.
Cybertek are the ones watching through the soldiers eyebombs, interesting.
lol idiot too busy trying to taunt May to actually bother to hold onto the staff.. and now she's got it, and she's wrecking shit. They got out of that WAY too easy tho :/
Planning a coup, that sounds fun! Oh and he's drawing the alien lingo (Kree? skrull?) So why has garrett gained all this knowledge and none of the others did..
FitzSimmons alive and underwater, I was expecting it to float.. oh, seems Fitz did too. Simmons is oddly chipper... Fitz mentioned "compatible with Shield spacecraft"...
Garretts got creepy, and gained more than just strength by the sound of it.
"Yes I know you were joking thats funny" not convincing Fitz.
Fitz and his monkeys :D
LOL, "YES YES THIS REALLY HURTS MY ARM"
They mentioned extremis regrowing limbs, I always wondered why Mike Peterson didnt regrow.. but I guess his "stabilized" extremis was actually nulified.
Well, thats certainly a noise maker... "Hey ho friends, the enemy approachers" lol, reminds me of borderlands.
the Part time strategy consultant seems to be scaring ward.. and thats a nasty way to go, brutal.
Just me or is Raina is a really good character, kinda creepy, and this is some of the best acting from ward
Why do only Coulson/skye wear vests?
default directive? Ooooooooooooooooooooooh! How DID they know about that? Interesting that it wasnt just an order but some sort of override
aand Mikes working out that Skyes replaced his handler... so he knows he wont get blown up... Cmon Mikelok, strike back!
Fitz and his math. Aww, he told her (sort of). That scene, thats just... painful, almost in tears. they cant kill Fitz, surely? YES! GO FURY! Nice timing
Incentives again...
Wake up something inside of skye? could that be some sort of monster power...
LOL MAY was the weapon, she shouldve brought the staff tbh
LOL "Hey ho friend! The enemy approaches!" It may get old sometime, but not yet.
LOL hobo fury
DESTROYER TECH!!!! FCKING YES!! YES! GO COULSON! Fury keeps turing up just in time... and Garrett looks fucking evil, I don't want him to die, Paxtons too good at this
LOL Tag team wrestling match with 4 dead guys (altho when was Garrett declared dead?)
Ace in the hole... doh, should've worked that out
lol, misheard the one man speech. Man this ep is totally marvel... lots of comedy without ruining the drama
..........ouch is the only word. But damn am i curious what Garrett knew..
Wait, they didnt take Garretts body away after they thought he was dead? Deathlok 3? LOL COULSON! Dangit, Uber Garrett for next season would be crazy (altho repetitive), but he didnt half look goofy with that low budget CGI body (just me or does it actually look smaller than his original body..)
Wooo, Coulsons an avenger! and the director of new SHIELD. Although I dont think the world councils will be too fond of the idea of shield returning...
Fitz :(
KOENIG! So is he a clone running each base, or was he the brother?
Raina is totally gonna be te villain early next season, and I really wanna know what it is with the flowers... Oooo, Skyes parent.

Now, few after thoughts
Raina isn't related to Skye, but knows her parents. They didn't look particularly monsterish, unless the blood dripping off them was genetic and not the result of a killing spree.
I hope they get better CGI for next season.
Still so many unresolved mysteries/plots, Skye, the alien writing, they never mentioned what the alien was or came from, gravitonium (which was mentioned so many times), blizzard.
Mikelok isnt joining the team, but is going off to try and do good. I guess hes just going to try and take out drug cartels or something, cos he wont have enough intel to target more secret targets for his redemption
i expect season 2 will start a few months into the rebuilding, so a few new cast members already in place and already interacting with the team. I wonder what they'll be doing.
What happened to Quinn?
Fitz and Simmons, that was one of the best scenes in the series imo. Fitz really pulls it off well, so much better than when he's in nerd mode. Simmons was doing great as well, they were both extremely convincing can't fault them on it at all. There was one odd line tho "you're my best friend why would you do that", well, isn't that exactly why? Because he is your best friend and he cares...

Last edited:
Great finale! I can't wait for next season already! This is going to take forever... Knickerbocker pretty much summed it up for me so, I have nothing to add but I will say
I'm really glad that they didn't try to redeem Ward. He was thought to be a good person, turned out not to be, got his ass so much kicked for it and he will suffer the consequences as he should. But...I'm sure they'll try and redeem him next season or something. Like he finally sees the error of his ways and wants to rejoin the team blah blah. I hope that doesn't happen but it will.

Back