The Marvel Thread (Spoilers, and language!)

tumblr_n5jkk5KnGO1s6ctuvo2_500.gif

Review later... :p

Hmm, the rating may have been criticized, but it appears to be doing just fine in my homeland, according to this media release:

Impenetrable: CTV's MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Wins Tuesday and Caps Off Season as #1 New Series of the Year

- With average audience of 2 million viewers, MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. is the first new series in a decade to rank in the Top 4 among all key demos -

- Featuring guest star Samuel L. Jackson, last night's season finale was watched by 1.7 million Canadians -

To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1lgHGvj

TORONTO, May 14, 2014 /CNW/ - CTV's MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. wrapped up a record-breaking inaugural season last night as the most-watched program Tuesday night among key demos with a preliminary overnight audience of 1.7 million viewers. The series capped off its freshman season as the #1 new series of the 2013/2014 broadcast year with total viewers and in all key demos, with an average audience of 2 million viewers. MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. becomes the first new fall series in a decade to rank in the Top 4 among all key demos (#2 A18-34, #3 A18-49, and #4 A25-54), and is the only new series of the broadcast year to rank in the Top 10 with total viewers.

Last night's gripping season finale saw the return of guest star Samuel L. Jackson and a new job for Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg, The Avengers), as the team put everything on the line to stop the forces of HYDRA. The season finale was:

The #1 program of the day among all key demos, MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. led Global's NCIS (+92% A18-34, +56% A18-49, +38% A25-54), almost doubling its A18-34 audience, as well as NCIS: LA (+40% A18-34, +46% A18-49, +42% A25-54).
The #1 non-sports program of the night in all markets in the key A18-49 demo, and won in Toronto with total viewers and in all key demos.
Led Monday's season finale of THE BLACKLIST by 11%.

I'm really excited for GotG. I was confused and skeptical when I first heard about it, but the more footage I see, the more pumped I get.

It's gonna be silly and fun and exciting. That's what Marvel is supposed to be a good percentage of the time.

I love Jackman's Wolverine and most of X-Men movies, but it would be a continuity bomb and wouldn't make any sense. And introducing alternate universes in movies would be too much :p

Well, we all know Fox will never let it happen, but why does it have to be a continuity thing? It could be a different Wolverine altogether. Or just don't explain it.

I agree with NP tbh, as much as it'd be awesome to see a film with them in, I would rather it was separate from the MCU. There's no way they could do an entire universe crossover with the existing stuff and have it make sense even if the studios allowed it. If they were to start having mutants appearing now as a late development in the MCU the only way I can see it remotely working is with Wolverine being the one and only known, one and done as a solo film (which would have to be Phase 4 at the earliest at this rate, by which time I would guess the buzz will have begun to wear off for superhero films). A sudden mutant crisis similar to existing X-men films would simply be way too big, it would take over the MCU with all the mass emergence of villains etc.

There'd have to be a helluva lot of origin changes, as if he was still from the 1800's there'd be a burning question of why was Nick Fury/SHIELD not aware of him earlier etc.

Isn't it ironic that Garrett was listening to "Don't Fear The Reaper" now that we know he was dying the whole time? :p

I was just coming to post that (well, not the link, but the news).

He's been working on Ant-man since 2006, so for him to leave now when it's finally coming up to it... is very odd.

The word from people on the crew is Wright got booted for being REALLY behind schedule and being ineffective at righting the ship and getting it back on track. Production has been bleeding money for a month and Marvel got fed up with him and they lost their confidence in his ability to manage a production of this size.

Back