The Final Frontier charts' thread

Re: Looks like it's hit #3 on Billboard

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Down to 5. Damn.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144760 That's pretty sweet.

But why so many less copies than AMOLAD?

Debuting at #3 in the US is fucking great!!! Maiden and its fans should be proud. They never charted well in the US and they have clearly reached more people than previous CDs.

The website there says that AMOLAD debuted at 56 000 at #9. It's only been a few days and they're estimating 75 000 for the week and a #3 debut.

So isn't TFF doing better?

Harmlock said:
The website there says that AMOLAD debuted at 56 000 at #9. It's only been a few days and they're estimating 75 000 for the week and a #3 debut.

So isn't TFF doing better?

Correct:

IRON MAIDEN's previous album, 2006's "A Matter Of Life And Death", opened with 56,000 units to land at position No. 9 on The Billboard 200 chart.

I'm delighted it is heading for no.1 in the UK anyway. I'm the only person who likes Maiden (hell, the only person who likes metal) out of my friends so they'll have to put up with days weeks months years of me teasing them about this.

I'm sure it will land at #1 on the Billboard charts in the US, Maiden is bigger now than in 2006, plus they just were on tour here so there is a lot of excitement for it. Now if they could release Coming Home as a single here, there might be a real chance of getting some much deserved airplay.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that Metalist because Blabbermouth has been right EVERY time they put up predicted chart results.

TFF would make a great radio song as well, but still nothing. Hopefully a #3 spot will make radio stations take some notice.

I still think there is a strong chanceI agree with Final Frontier at #1. I agree with TFF, but I think it's probably still too aggressive for the US masses (fools). Coming Home may actually resonate, as it broaches themes common to all (all, except the homeless that is). ;)

I just noticed that if I had actually taken the time to read further into the Blabbermouth article, I would have seen how well AMOLAD did. :blush:

MEATALIST said:
I still think there is a strong chanceI agree with Final Frontier at #1. I agree with TFF, but I think it's probably still too aggressive for the US masses (fools). Coming Home may actually resonate, as it broaches themes common to all (all, except the homeless that is). ;)
Aggressive? Have you ever listened to American metal radio? They play old Metallica, System Of A Down, Pantera, Megadeth and others. Now, that's aggressive.

Let's not make this into a US vs. the world thread. The US has different tastes in music than Latin America or Europe. That's a fact. But that doesn't make them clueless. Just different.

We metalheads just don't have to like it.

HallowedBeMyName said:
Well you have to admit, most people here in the States are pretty clueless, especially when it comes to music.

Okay, my bad for lashing out. I was just in that other thread where Jeff made a comment about Americans and I assumed you were not an American.

Back