The Final Frontier charts' thread

Fear of the Dark album was last #1 album at UK charts in 1992. I hope TFF will enter #1 at UK albums charts. By the way its impossible in USA. Top 10 is possible.

Past USA Billboard chart history of reunion albums:
BNW: #39
DOD: #18
AMOLAD: #9

I love that trend!
Also, with all the albums that are in the top 3, I thought Maiden were super huge in the UK. How come it only sold 22,000 copies?

Probably number 3 behind eminem and the new TI album. USA is a trend chasing nation, but for some reason Maiden always opens strong, and also they toured before the album release this time which should have a positive effect (Bruce told crowds about the album coming out, not about it being already out, a la AMOLAD tour)

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Past USA Billboard chart history of reunion albums:
BNW: #39
DOD: #18
AMOLAD: #9

I love that trend!
Also, with all the albums that are in the top 3, I thought Maiden were super huge in the UK. How come it only sold 22,000 copies?

thats in 24 hours ...

Also number 1 in Finnish iTunes, but none of the individual songs are in the top 10 songs. This album isn't something to buy one song at a time, and I guess people realise that. :)

They ain't gonna hit #1 in the US. AC/DC struggled to beat some rapper's new album for #1 in the US, and they're way bigger than Maiden here so Maiden doesn't have a chance.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Who is TI?

A shitty auto-tuned rapper here in the States. Unfortunately, it's always the radio whores and mainstream rappers who make it to the top these days  -_-
Suicidehummer said:
They ain't gonna hit #1 in the US. AC/DC struggled to beat some rapper's new album for #1 in the US, and they're way bigger than Maiden here so Maiden doesn't have a chance.

Well, I wouldn't say they don't have a chance at all, but I'd say their chances are rather slim.

Yeah ACDC are much bigger in North America or Australia but maiden are bigger in south america, scandivania and asia.

Hopefully they will knock eminem off the top of the charts in the UK.

Babo 91 said:
Yeah ACDC are much bigger in North America or Australia but maiden are bigger in south america, scandivania and asia.

Hopefully they will knock eminem off the top of the charts in the UK.

Maiden will knock Eminem off by plenty.

It's the #1 album of the year in my house with 3 copies purchased (1 CD for me, 1 CD for a gift to a relative,  and 1 Vinyl as soon as it arrives from Amazon)

Invader said:
Also number 1 in Finnish iTunes, but none of the individual songs are in the top 10 songs. This album isn't something to buy one song at a time, and I guess people realise that. :)

AMOLAD was 3 weeks number 1 in finnish album charts. If TFF is not number one this week it is a big disappointment.

Can see top 5 in the US at best. UK number 1 is highly achievable and they deserve it too after all these years. AMOLAD was NO. 4 in the UK if memory serves. I think the fan base has grown a lot since then so hopefully they'll peak the charts this week.

I heard that at the concerts, there were a lot of people who were seeing Maiden for the first time live (me included).

Considering there were 4 years between AMOLAD and TFF, with the internet, and two different tours playing old and new music across North America, that's 4 years to build new fans and create some buzz for the album.
Right now, on Amazon.ca TFF has the #2 and #3 spot for music...think they should combine them. They're currently sitting behind Arcade Fire.

Let's hope for lots of sales! UPS effed up my order and now I have to wait till tomorrow for it to arrive at my house...though I've already listened to all the songs. :D

Back