Tell us about your avatar

My previous avatar was OpenBSD's mascot, Puffy. I love that little picture, however i'm far too lazy to crop it and paste it onto alpha channel to get transparency (black background doesn't fit the forum look).

Right now i decided to have no avatar.

It is a tiny piece of the logo of the place where I am the comma-herding whip snapping editor in chief. Every book we offer has passed through my currycombs.

Those are coffee beans and a small cinnamon candy. It also features on the cover of the anthology My Dark Roasted Valentine which had my very first published original short story in it.

It's no Iffy Boatrace, but it's mine.

Well I decided to change mine because somebody had a similar pic of H.

Now it's Dan Hawkins of The Darkness. If you haven't heard of them, go check them out, they're like a mix of Queen and AC/DC and became hugely successful in 2003 before breaking up in '07.

EDIT: Now it's my sweet new Gibson SG VOS

chaosapiant said:
Mine is The Dude from the movie The Big Lebowski.  If you haven't watched it yet, do so.

Fantastic movie with a genius story and colorful characters :D

My avatar features me dressed as Eddie ;)

As you should recognize, my avatar features a Spitfire Mk V, over the cliffs of Dover. I considered using the Aces High cover, but I thought that since I'm Eddie's Wingman and not Eddie himself, I should get another one. This was my favourite out of those I found.

Eddies Wingman said:
I considered using the Aces High cover, but I thought that since I'm Eddie's Wingman and not Eddie himself, I should get another one. This was my favourite out of those I found.

That's cool, man.

Eddies Wingman said:
As you should recognize, my avatar features a Spitfire Mk V, over the cliffs of Dover. I considered using the Aces High cover,

And then you'd look just like me. ;)

I chose mine because it's one of my favourite Eddies and Aces High was (I think) the first Maiden song I heard.

My avatar is a depiction of a sandworm (or Shai-Hulud) from Frank Herbert's classic sci-fi novel Dune, in my opinion the best novel of all time.

agua... agua... Nicaragua... Nicaragua... I need Nicaragua for my bunghole! I AM THE GREAT CORNHOLIO. You must give me TP for my bunghole! My people, they have no bungholes. ARE YOU THREATENING ME? I NEED OLIO FOR MY BUNGHOLE! I would hate for my bungholio to get polio. Olio... bungholio... bungholio... bunghole.

Beavis & Butthead is awesome. I have quite a lot of VHS and all of the Mike Judge Collection. I even have the Ensucklopedia which is a true literary classic. :lol:

"He said anus"

"Entert-anus. Oh yeah. Heh-heh-m-heh-heh"

My newest avatar has Lady Liberty kissing Lady Justice.  Besides the appealing visual, the avatar reminds me that we humans cannot have justice without liberty.

Justice is lost, justice is raped, justice is gone, pulling your strings justice is done, seeking no truth, winning is all, find it so grim, so true, so real.

Now that I think about it ... "find it so grim, so true, so real" ... this may be one of those rare songs where the singer tries to tell you how to interpret his lyrics.
"Don't you DARE think of this as a happy song! This is grim! :[X and tr00!"

The Trooper was going to be my original nick, but someone who no longer visits these forums already took it. 

Back