Tell us about your avatar

____no5

Free Man
Mine it shows John W. Coltrane who is apparently worshipped as a Saint from some Orthodox African-Americans in St Francisco, since 1971.
Though I don't like religious icons, this one it has shaken me for various reasons :

1. Subject Saint is black (I'm not used to see black saints, though I know there is even black Christ or Madonna)
2. He's a favourite musician of mine -who never (as far as I know) wanted to be a Saint. He only lived his way.
3. I've never seen a contemporary music instrument /costume in a religious icon before.
4. I find it overall a revolutionary image.

saint-john-coltrane-the-sound-baptist-mark-dukes2.jpg

My avatar is just the cover of Theatre of Tragededy's self-titled debut. It made a huge impact on me; the shakespearian-styled lyrics, the beauty/beast approach to vocals and the music (gothic/doom). It really made me realise that metal have no true boundries.

My avatar is a picture of Kansas guard Mario Chalmers' buzzer-beating shot to send the 2008 National Championship game (i.e., the finals) into overtime, which Kansas then won.  This was recently named by Sports Illustrated as the "biggest clutch shot of the decade."  For those of you not living in the U.S., the college basketball national championship tournament (aka "March Madness") is a really, REALLY big deal here -- it is the most-watched annual sporting event in the U.S. other than the Super Bowl.  I'm from Kansas, and was in attendance at the game.  Pretty damn exciting. 

My avatar shows Blastarr from the sci-fi T.V. series Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future.

Will-I-Am said:
1. Subject Saint is black (I'm not used to see black saints, though I know there is even black Christ or Madonna)
Judging by the birthplace of Jesus, there is a good chance he would have been of a darkish skin colour. It was us Europeans that made him look, er, European. ;)

Can't remember where I got this pic. I came across it somewhere on the internet years ago and liked it, and I've been using it mostly as my avatar since.

Albie said:
Judging by the birthplace of Jesus, there is a good chance he would have been of a darkish skin colour. It was us Europeans that made him look, er, European. ;)

Good point  :lol:

_1244037_jesus2.jpg

Mine's Bruce playing with the crowed during Hallowed be Thy Name (my all time favorite song). This is from there most recent show in Toronto,they also taped Hallowed from that show for flight 666.

cornfedhick said:
My avatar is a picture of Kansas guard Mario Chalmers' buzzer-beating shot to send the 2008 National Championship game (i.e., the finals) into overtime, which Kansas then won.  This was recently named by Sports Illustrated as the "biggest clutch shot of the decade."  For those of you not living in the U.S., the college basketball national championship tournament (aka "March Madness") is a really, REALLY big deal here -- it is the most-watched annual sporting event in the U.S. other than the Super Bowl.  I'm from Kansas, and was in attendance at the game.  Pretty damn exciting. 

This changes everything!! I mean, I was already liking your avatar as a random basketball photo, and now it turns to be an once-in-a-decade moment

Unfortunately, I don't know the girl in mine.  Years ago, when working on the web-site for my work, looking for cool pics to decorate it, I ran across this pic.  I had a little blog on the site, so I used this pic for the top pic by the title, and it kinda stuck.  I've kept it and used it anywhere I can, cause she is hot, and the bike is pretty damn cool.  ( I have tried to talk the GF into posing on my [old] bike like that, but she laughed and said 'no')

Back