Tell us about your avatar

My avatar shows Lisbeth Salander portrayed by Noomi Rapace in Swedish movie trilogy "Millenium". She's actually a character from the three Stieg Larsson's novels.  :wub:

I read the first one, and it wasn't too bad. I'll see the flicks someday.

My current favourite Swedish movie is the Arn movie, which I thought was fucking awesome.

Yeah, but I didn't really like the first one enough to go read the second and third.

That was the thing about the early 80's, shorts had to be as short as possible.

mine is a quick sketch i did in a dinner break... my interpretation on if WtWWB was a single.
Poor quality cause i had to decrease its size in paint due to microsoft office being dead.  <_<

Looks like we've got something in common there, nightprowler.

Mine is a quote from the movie "Happy Gilmore". If you haven't already seen it, go watch it now

Back in the prehistoric era of the late 70's I was a 14 year old KISS fanatic. As a budding guitarist, I thought the sun rose and set on Ace Frehley. That band was kind of Godlike to a lot of kids; yearbook photos showed every second kid in a KISS t-shirt. One day my buddy Kenny, who was a drummer and even bigger KISS fanatic than myself, ran up to me as we entered the school and told me that I HAD to come to his house for lunch because he had something I HAD to hear. Cool, said I. Later, on the way to his house, he told me that his older brother had just bought an album called Van Halen. Kenny then said that the guitarist on this album was the most amazing player he had ever heard. I remember my reply... "Not better than Ace though...".

Kenny's brother had a pretty good stereo, and when the needle dropped on Eruption, my world changed forever. I remember sitting, quite stunned, as the song progressed. It was unlike anything I had ever heard... almost unworldly. I glanced over at Kenny, who was looking at me with a big shit eating grin on his face. "I fuckin' told ya! I fuckin' told ya!" he screamed over the din. We probably played Eruption 15 times over that lunch hour, volume cranked. From that moment, Edward Van Halen, for me, has been pretty much the be all and end all of rock n roll guitar. Hence my avatar. A tibute to EVH. Fair Warning was the last great Van Halen album for me, but those first four albums contain some of the best guitar work ever done.   

Great story. For quite a long time EVH was my favorite guitarist. And Fair Warning is one of the greatest albums ever.

My avatar is from my favorite member of the World's Greatest Skiffle Band. I have been known to also be David St Hubbins and Derek Smalls, but Nigel has always been my favorite because I am not as confused as he is.

Back