Steve Harris

Belfast last night was brilliant. Much better live than on record and the new stuff was great, Spitfire stands out in particular. 'Arry certainly puts a shift in, he was soaked in sweat by the end of it. The gig was pretty well attended (say 700-ish in a 900 capacity venue) and the crowd seemed to liven as the evening progressed. Don't really know the material too well so all I can say is that they played well; tight, heavy and committed. I like the singer more now that I've seen him live. Definitely looking forward to a new album. I was a couple of yards from the stage and it was a true pleasure to see 'arry at that proximity, getting eye-balled and machine-gunned several times. In a night packed with 'moments' one of my favourites came during Wild Lies (Adrian's son Dylan's band). While they were giving it loads, clearly visible behind them was the ever frowning Michael Kenny, sitting on a flight case peering down at some digital device, the unnatural light on that sullen face giving him quite an eerie visage.
Wild Lies were ok. They seem to dress like one genre and sound like 2 or 3 others. Some good fiffy bits though. Actually, I've just realised (google) that the band member who asked me for a light twice was Dylan Smith. He was clearly attracted to me. Cant blame the guy, really.
Didn't see Steve before the gig but he did a photo op/signing after the gig in another part of the venue. Managed to get a pic an a couple of cd covers signed. I toyed with the notion of getting the Soundhouse Tapes signed but couldn't be fucked carrying/protecting the thing. Although a guy brought a replica Harris Precision to get signed. The tour manager was keen to keep things moving so there wasn't really the opportunity to ask why the fuck he has never played Alexander the Great live. Regardless, he was jovial and gracious and short with a head that seems large for a man of his stature.

It was announced yesterday that British Lion are playing the Steelhouse Festival in Wales next year, it takes place on the 29th and 30th of July which is interesting as it could imply that the Maiden 2017 tour is going to be a fairly short one.
This is probably a confirmation that there will be no North American tour in 2017 and that they will head to studio in September.

The new album was implicit. According to Steve, he was exhausted after the last tour. Will they still be able to tour the world ?

Back