Steve Harris

I'm more concerned that it might mean that the only way to see British Lion is to buy a ticket for Sabaton or Sabaton Open Air shows...instead of getting actual British Lion gigs (like the rest of Europe) in Scandinavia...

No, I think Steve meant they are going to do a proper tour there at some point. This Sabaton stuff is just one of a few random festivals they will do this summer. I briefly considered going, but I guess they will have a 30 to 45 minutes set, and I just can't bear Sabaton (although some of comments in this board made me try hard). So, all that expense for this, that would be pure non-sense.

It's Sabaton's own festival, they're meant to be the star act. I'm sure British Lion will extend their tour coverage in the next few years and stand to be around after Maiden call it quits.

It's Sabaton's own festival, they're meant to be the star act. I'm sure British Lion will extend their tour coverage in the next few years and stand to be around after Maiden call it quits.
I know they are the main act. That's precisely why I chose not to attend. And, no offense to them, but I see BL as a club act, in the best possible way; I'm afraid some of the guys will feel unconfortable on a wider stage and into daylight.

British Lion confirmed for Wacken 2017 as well.
Steve Harris – British Lion
Steve Harris returns to Wacken once again! After the celebrated Iron Maiden show at W:O:A 2016, he will now rock Wacken with his relatively young side project British Lion. British Lion is celebrating the 70s, the time of the big melodies and epic tunes – but at the same time they manage to avoid appearing antiquated. One reason for this will be the great choice of musicians, Steve assembled a great team to make his visions come true.
http://www.wacken.com/en/news/news/news-detail/four-bands-on-the-fourth-sunday-of-advent/

It seems like they are doing a lot more to promote the band this time, for the second album.

Great to see you so pleased. I hope they release something new before this tour (live album, DVD), and that they drop a couple of new songs during the gigs. Steve said they still had two songs to work out for the next album, and I would love them to try them both live. I'm going to the Colchester gig. The venue looks fantastic, and the town is great, so it will be a fantastic travel.

Yes, but it seems that the schedule is far from complete; they will add new dates. At this point, it seems clear that 'arry wants to keep this band alive and that he wants them to hit the stage on a regular basis. After seing them in last november, I was sure not to see them before 2018, and I'm quite stunned to see them so early.

Back