References to Maiden

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Jan 11 2006, 08:18 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Jan 11 2006, 08:18 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I know a Metal compilation that has "The Clairvoyant" on it  [!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]126803[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Trust you to show me up, Perun [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Jan 11 2006, 08:18 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Jan 11 2006, 08:18 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I know a Metal compilation that has "The Clairvoyant" on it  [!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]126803[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Another has Sanctuary and Wrathchild [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] . It's a pity Metal for Muthas is otherwise crap.

Roman Turek had his a picture of Eddie on his hockey mask:

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Roman's favourite music group is the heavy metal band "Iron Maiden". Already a big fan, he met them while playing in Germany during the 1995-96 season. The band signed his mask, which was decorated with the band's mascot "Eddie". [Eric Francis, Calgary Sun, January 13, 2002]
[/quote]

[a href=\'http://hockeygoalies.org/bio/turek.html\' target=\'_blank\']http://hockeygoalies.org/bio/turek.html[/a]

THAT IS AWESOME!!! One of the cool perks of being a goalie (besides thinking of yourself as a medieval knight!) is decorating your mask. Thank God for Gerry Cheevers and his "stitches" lol

For all those going on about Maiden winning a lifetime acheivement award, I must inform you that they already have.

In 2000, they won the Ivor Novello award for International Achievement.

[a href=\'http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Maiden\' target=\'_blank\']End of the first paragraph on this page.[/a]

Oh, and it's not really the name of the band, and I've posted this in a different thread, but I have seen the font used on a Spanish bathroom cleaner bottle.

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Jan 19 2006, 02:41 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Jan 19 2006, 02:41 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]THAT IS AWESOME!!! One of the cool perks of being a goalie (besides thinking of yourself as a medieval knight!) is decorating your mask. Thank God for Gerry Cheevers and his "stitches" lol
[snapback]127321[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Agreed, man. I used to love looking up masks on the internet.

[a href=\'http://www.goaliesarchive.com/masks/turek.html\' target=\'_blank\']Anyway, I found pics of Roman's masks.[/a]

[a href=\'http://www.itech.com/masksm/mask.asp?maskID=154&gmtype=True\' target=\'_blank\']Jani Hurme also has Eddie on his mask.[/a]

“Jani is a huge Iron Maiden fan. Eddie is a character on the Iron Maiden Trooper CD cover. He liked the design so much that he wanted to recreate the image with Eddie holding a Finnish flag.” -Frank Cipra, ITECH artist

Pretty cool.

Jani's design is way better than Roman's. That would never scare onrushing forwards [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Good job Hellion! I will never forget during the 05 world cup of hockey when Finland played the U.S one of the correspondents said, "Mikka Kripusoff is in charge of the locker room music today, and let me tell you my ears are still ringing from the Heavy Metal." LOL. All the finnish players in the NHL love metal and I think most of the Swedes do. The Swedish Woman's curling team asked Hammerfall to write a song for them or something like that... i forgot. the point is I wish I lived in any of those countries [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I congratulate you on a great post, Fuzzboy,

[!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

EDIT: 500th post and it was calling someone an idiot. YAY! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

In a 2005 Mustang concept picture, there's an Edward the Great poster on one of the buildings.

[a href=\'http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/wallpaper/05/MustangGTCoupConcept04-WP.jpg\' target=\'_blank\']http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/wallpaper/...oncept04-WP.jpg[/a]

[!--QuoteBegin-Pineapple Hunter+Feb 3 2006, 08:12 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pineapple Hunter @ Feb 3 2006, 08:12 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]500th post and it was calling someone an idiot. YAY!  [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]128487[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Weren't you simply stating the truth?

Well, yes. But as a non-moderator kind of person, i'm not in a position to blatantly call someone an idiotic blob. So I had to imply. Unfortunately, I wrecked the implication with the edit.

As a moderator, I shouldn't comment. Or maybe tell people how happy I am to see such wonderful posts... I don't know really.

Well, that's what I was told anyway. My personal opinion is slightly different... [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

We've all noticed that Mav [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Bruce Dickinson and Eddie did a Public Service Announcement for television
with "The Seat Belt Dummies" circa 1991. The seat belt dummies were in
the audience jamming to Maiden and then Eddie came out later and they made
some remark that, "if you don't wear your seatbelt, you may end up looking
like this (points to Eddie)". At the end, Bruce says something like
"Don't forget, buckle your safety belt, mate".[/quote]
I remember seeing that twice, once was during high school on this thing called "Channel One" came on every Tues @ 9am during school during the 1990's. If you want two more, check out the movie "Summer School" when they got off the roller coaster, dude was wearing a "Live After Death" T-shirt, and also the very-popular movie "Bull Durham" also a LAD t-shirt, both scenes were about 30 sec's, and in the US theatres. I might show my age with those 2.

In friends, Fibi (?) says - "I'm working on a some Iron Maiden covers"....and then you get canned laughter..... :: What funny about that...!? Good for her!

Canned laughter for canned humour... did you expect anything else? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

In an other PC Game Max Payne 2 you have to find out a code from a door in the basement their is a guy who says: "Oh yes ehm the code from the door, it's easy it's 667 The Neighbour of the Beast, hehe u understand?"

[!--quoteo(post=129906:date=Feb 27 2006, 05:01 PM:name=TheTrooper1987)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(TheTrooper1987 @ Feb 27 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]129906[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
In an other PC Game Max Payne 2 you have to find out a code from a door in the basement their is a guy who says: "Oh yes ehm the code from the door, it's easy it's 667 The Neighbour of the Beast, hehe u understand?"
[/quote]

What language is that? N00bish?

[!--quoteo(post=129899:date=Feb 27 2006, 12:21 PM:name=Stratocaster)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Stratocaster @ Feb 27 2006, 12:21 PM) [snapback]129899[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
In friends, Fibi (?) says - "I'm working on a some Iron Maiden covers"....and then you get canned laughter..... :: What funny about that...!? Good for her!
[/quote]
I already mentioned this, read the full thread mate [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

Back