References to Maiden

A

Anonymous

I have started this topic to show where references to Maiden have been made in films, television programmes or other songs.

To start, in Wheatus' song "Teenage Dirtbag", the lyrics go,
"I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby, listen to Iron Maiden maybe, with you."

In the Jack Black film "School of Rock" there are a couple references to Maiden. Firstly, in Jack Black's van, on the passenger dorr on the iside, there is an Iron Maiden sticker. Secondly, on the board in the classroom during the class Rock History class, in the Heavy Metal section on the top right of the board, Iron Maiden is written along with Metallica and Motorhead.

In the comedy "Only fools and Horses" in the episode called "Sickness and Wealth" in 1989 when Del Boy is in hospital, Cassandra mentioned that the people were expecting an "Iron Maiden type band" instead of the medium.

I hope you notice other references to the band and post them here.

In my intro German class the textbook had a picture of a group of German youth on the inside cover. One of them was wearing a Maiden tshirt

In an episode the BBC TV black comedy series League of Gentlemen (series 2), when the paedophile German school teacher is harassing Dieter on the bus, one of the exchange students (sitting next to Dieter) is clearly wearing a Maiden t-shirt.

In Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure there are two references to Iron Maiden. The First comes when the pair are captured by Henry VIII. The king bellows: "Put them in the iron maiden!" Bill and Ted exchange glaces and yell "Iron Maiden!? Excellent!" before engaging in a spot of air guitar. The second reference pops up when Bill and Ted use a tape recording of their voices to distract Ted's father: "And now, opening for Iron Maiden - Wyld Stallyns!"

Maiden are also mentioned in the Sum 41 song ( [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ) Fat Lip: "Maiden and Priest were the gods that we praised"

[!--QuoteBegin-Krakenslayer+Aug 17 2005, 03:26 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Krakenslayer @ Aug 17 2005, 03:26 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]"Maiden and Priest were the gods that we praised"
[snapback]115671[/snapback]​
[/quote]
When did you stop?? [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

In a Norwegian comercial Jørn Lande and some guys went shoping, and a Maiden sticker is on the fridge [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[a href=\'http://www.faqs.org/faqs/music/iron-maiden-faq/part1/\' target=\'_blank\']Iron Maiden FAQ[/a]

If you scroll down to 23, its "Real Life IRON MAIDEN References".

In some Movie Kirsten Dunst wears a Maiden The Trooper tshirt but without sleeves. Can't remember te name of the movie, altough i liked it alot ( it had Kirsten Dunst in it. What?) [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

In an episode if Friends, when Pheobe was asked what she played on the guitar, she replies,
"I usually play acoustic folksy stuff, but I'm working on a few Iron Maiden covers."

I've been registering these occurences for some years now (it will appear on Maidenfans.com soon enough), but here and on the Maiden BB, it's pretty much the same references that come over and over again [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Will cross-reference what you all writing here with the list then.

Cheers

Several football teams like Steaua Bucuresti are using Eddie as their mascot putting him on flags and such.

[a href=\'http://www.steauafc.com/nou/images/lay_index_stecju.jpg\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.steauafc.com/nou/images/lay_index_stecju.jpg[/a]

In the Foo Fighters video for "Breakout" , the drummer, Taylor, is wearing a Somewhere in Time t-shirt.

You're absolutely right about Steau Bucuresti. You knew that cause you beat us tonight, didn't you? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] We shoudl've won and you know it [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I live in Los Angeles, CA, USA and this city has a large Latino (Spanish-speaking) population. I am a huge soccer (football) fan and every weekend I watch the soccer highlights from different Latin American countries such as Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, and others and you can see that many fans use the Iron Maiden font on their signs.

I found another one (I know its a bit late) but in fairly odd parents timmy is attacked by a giant metal maid...he screams

"dont shoot your heavy metal at me you Iron Maiden!!"

....not that I watch that show or anything

A song on the recent album of a German fun metal band called JBO has a passage going:

ch glaube an den Rock, den Roll, den Rock'n'Roll JBO
Den Sound des Himmels und der Erde
Und an den Heavy Metal, seinen eingeborenen Sohn unseren Herrn
Empfangen durch den Judas Priest
Geboren durch die eiserne Jungfrau

Translation:

I believe in the Rock, the Roll, the Rock'n'Roll JBO
The sound of heaven and earth
And in Heavy Metal, the true son of our Lord
Received by the Judas Priest
Born by the Iron Maiden

In a PC game called 'The Suffering' on many of the walls you will find "If there is a God, then why has he let me die", which is an exact quote from the song "Hallowed Be Thy Name" by Iron Maiden. Also, on two walls near the beginning of the game, the words "This is a world that has gone very wrong for me", which is also from the same song ("In a world that has gone very wrong for me"). This is difficult to read because its written in smeared blood.

[!--QuoteBegin-Krakenslayer+Aug 17 2005, 03:26 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Krakenslayer @ Aug 17 2005, 03:26 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]In Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure there are two references to Iron Maiden. The First comes when the pair are captured by Henry VIII. The king bellows: "Put them in the iron maiden!" Bill and Ted exchange glaces and yell "Iron Maiden!? Excellent!" before engaging in a spot of air guitar. The second reference pops up when Bill and Ted use a tape recording of their voices to distract Ted's father: "And now, opening for Iron Maiden - Wyld Stallyns!"
[snapback]115671[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I just gotta say that both the Bill and Ted films are great. There are references to loads of bands in both of them!!!

[!--QuoteBegin-Pineapple Hunter+Sep 4 2005, 06:21 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pineapple Hunter @ Sep 4 2005, 06:21 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]In the movie 'Entrapment' starring Sean Connery. The evil guy in it has an X Factor poster.
[snapback]117450[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I think its a VIRTUAL XI one....

Back