References to Maiden

In Little Nicki, oe of Nicki's metal head friends is wearing a Somewhere in Time shirt, (I think it was SIT, it was definitly a maiden shirt. It was a long time ago when i saw the movie so....)

[!--QuoteBegin-Liberation+Oct 11 2005, 11:47 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Liberation @ Oct 11 2005, 11:47 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I was watching a stand-up comedy show and the comedian mentioned Iron Maiden.

Upon bringing her into your house put on some music, though some might not be suitable, Iron Maiden would NOT be a good choice
P.S. I saw that movie as well, it was a Virtual XI poster.
[snapback]120170[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Heh! I think I saw that one once. I can't remember who it was, though. I dunno, I think Iron Maiden would be a great choice! For me at least!

Another Maiden reference I can think of is on the movie 'Out on a Limb' (I think from like the early 90s...I barely remember it) with Matthew Broderick. There are these two guys, both named Jim, who are wasted and headbanging while listening to 'Handel's Messiah' or something like that. One of the Jim's stops and says, "This doesn't sound like Iron Maiden!", and the other Jim says, "I don't know, maybe they sound different live!" and then the Jims proceed with their headbanging. That's the only part I remember from the movie!

Oh, how could I forget my favorite one?! Beavis and Butthead in the episode 'Scared Straight'. They take Beavis & Butthead to prison for the Scared Straight program. The warden locks them in a cell with these murderers thinking that'll scare the bejesus out of them. But one of the guys in the cell has a Maiden tattoo and Beavis and Butthead comment on how cool that is and such.. Then the guard comes to get them, thinking they're all freaked out, but when he gets there, everybody's headbanging and playing air guitar and singing 'The Prisoner"! Then Beavis and Butthead don't want to leave, so they sneak back in!
They also watch the video for 'From Here to Eternity'. I love the comments during the video-
Beavis:
If Hell was really from here to eternity, then that means, like Hell was everywhere, so like, everywhere is Hell! So if you say to someone, "Go to Hell! Go to Hell!", you're really saying, "Stay right there."
Butthead:
Uhhhhh, go to Hell, Beavis!!!
Beavis:
Okay, no problem. I'll just stay right here!

In Charlez Theron's latest movie "North Country" the kid that plays her son wears a Live after death t-shirt. and the t-shirt makes more than one appearance [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Wicker Man+Oct 23 2005, 09:30 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Wicker Man @ Oct 23 2005, 09:30 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]In Little Nicki, oe of Nicki's metal head friends is wearing a Somewhere in Time shirt, (I think it was SIT, it was definitly a maiden shirt. It was a long time ago when i saw the movie so....)
[snapback]121040[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Little Nicky is hilarious. Its the thick guy with glasses and long hair.
Little Nicky best bit: Hitler and pineapples. I'll say no more.

I was trying to watch the big in 05 show on VH1 but found DL Hughley too much of a moron to find him even remotely funny (you know you suck when you are the only one laughing at your own jokes) not to mention I'm finding award shows in general increasingly shallow and a waste of time. With that off my chest one of the performing bands' (something about falling... who cares they weren't that great) guitarist had a "killers" t-shirt on.

[!--QuoteBegin-Pineapple Hunter+Sep 4 2005, 11:28 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pineapple Hunter @ Sep 4 2005, 11:28 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]In a PC game called 'The Suffering' on many of the walls you will find "If there is a God, then why has he let me die", which is an exact quote from the song "Hallowed Be Thy Name" by Iron Maiden. Also, on two walls near the beginning of the game, the words "This is a world that has gone very wrong for me", which is also from the same song ("In a world that has gone very wrong for me"). This is difficult to read because its written in smeared blood.
[snapback]117451[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Very cool game. I had to play it again the other day to check that out. I've played it like 4 times (on Xbox) and never really noticed that before. At least not conciously...I guess that's why I always got HBTN stuck in my head when I played it!
Another reference in video games is Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. They play '2 Minutes to Midnight' on the radio, and later there is a brief discussion about Eddie between the DJ Lazlow and a caller who dubs himself Cousin Ed.

In the movie "Rockstar" starring Mark Whalberg, when this guy goes to an audition to see if he can sing in "Steel Dragon", when he is looking around in the house you can see a photo where one of the guys of that band is with Bruce when he had long hair!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']Edited to remove excessive smilies.[/span]

[!--QuoteBegin-Pineapple Hunter+Nov 23 2005, 10:54 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pineapple Hunter @ Nov 23 2005, 10:54 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
Little Nicky best bit: Hitler and pineapples. I'll say no more.
[snapback]123844[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I thought it was with Ozzy and the bat.

I also remember some educational kids program in Holland about art, not the art of music but there was a painter listening to Heavy Metal, I think he also said that he was. At least he had a LaD poster and various others. Talking about right influences.

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Dec 5 2005, 04:29 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Dec 5 2005, 04:29 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]... I'm finding award shows in general increasingly shallow and a waste of time.
[snapback]124611[/snapback]​
[/quote]

this is a bit off-topic, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to actually agree with Onhell for once. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Indeed award shows are nothing but corporate shams, thinly veiled attempts to advertise their "artists" under the pretense of a meritocratic award ceremony.

Britney Spears has won how many Grammys? Iron Maiden, Tom Waits, Metallica (before they sucked), Leonard Cohen, how many?

Titanic won how many Oscars? Apocalypse Now!, Contact, Stanley Kubrik, how many?

I rest my case.

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Dec 5 2005, 05:59 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Dec 5 2005, 05:59 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I'm finding award shows in general increasingly shallow and a waste of time.
[snapback]124611[/snapback]​
[/quote]
"I'll never watch another awards show again, unless that delightful Billy Crystal is involved" Good ol' Simpsons quotes.

Once again, the old argument about how maiden don't win awards. Face it-THEY WON'T!
No panel of American music judges or the public is going to give Maiden an award-their music isn't accessible enough. Although hopefully they'll get a lifetime achievement award sometime in the future, and I have secret dreams of Steve Harris getting a knighthood (*pffft*). I wish Maiden music was in more films. 'Bring your Daughter...' was in Nightmare on Elm Street 3, but loads of their other stuff would be great in films. I also think it would rock if Maiden did a video for Paschendale, and released it as a fundraiser around Remembrance Day, with funds going to the poppy appeal or something. But that's just me [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Silky+Jan 7 2006, 01:18 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Jan 7 2006, 01:18 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I have secret dreams of Steve Harris getting a knighthood (*pffft*)
[snapback]126521[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Sir 'Arry has a nice ring to it doesn't it?

[!--QuoteBegin-Wicker Man+Jan 7 2006, 11:07 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Wicker Man @ Jan 7 2006, 11:07 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Sir 'Arry has a nice ring to it doesn't it?
[snapback]126567[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Sir 'Arry versus King Edward (the Great, the Head) onstage, that would be quite a battle of royal nobility to see...

[!--QuoteBegin-that girl+Nov 13 2005, 05:13 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(that girl @ Nov 13 2005, 05:13 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Beavis:
If Hell was really from here to eternity, then that means, like Hell was everywhere, so like, everywhere is Hell! So if you say to someone, "Go to Hell! Go to Hell!", you're really saying, "Stay right there."
Butthead:
Uhhhhh, go to Hell, Beavis!!!
Beavis:
Okay, no problem. I'll just stay right here!
[snapback]122948[/snapback]​
[/quote]
[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I have not seen that show in so long. Do they have reruns on anymore?

Number Of The Beast is on the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 video game. Eddie is also an unlockable character with many decks of some of their album and single covers.

Maiden will probably win a Lifetime Achievement Award in the future. From time to time these award shows give an award to real musicians.

They say, "Oh sorry for not paying attention to you in the last 20 years, here take this."

[!--QuoteBegin-Pico-Union+Jan 9 2006, 10:59 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pico-Union @ Jan 9 2006, 10:59 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Maiden will probably win a Lifetime Achievement Award in the future.  From time to time these award shows give an award to real musicians. 

They say, "Oh sorry for not paying attention to you in the last 20 years, here take this."
[snapback]126700[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Have Sabbath got one of those? When they do, Maiden will probably be about 4-10 years later. Priest will be about twenty years after, since no-one recognises their genius [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] .

Oh, also, maiden tracks are in SSX on Tour, along with Def Leppard and some other metal artists. Apparently the game opens with that NOT overused song of Maiden's that's on every SINGLE multi-artist compilation in EXISTENCE. Seriously, RttH is a pretty good song, but being forced to listen to it every time you get a metal compilation makes it become very boring very quickly. Anyone else agree?

[!--QuoteBegin-Silky+Jan 11 2006, 07:47 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Jan 11 2006, 07:47 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Have Sabbath got one of those?  When they do, Maiden will probably be about 4-10 years later.  Priest will be about twenty years after, since no-one recognises their genius [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] . 

Oh, also, maiden tracks are in SSX on Tour, along with Def Leppard and some other metal artists.  Apparently the game opens with that NOT overused song of Maiden's that's on every SINGLE multi-artist compilation in EXISTENCE.  Seriously, RttH is a pretty good song, but being forced to listen to it every time you get a metal compilation makes it become very boring very quickly.  Anyone else agree?
[snapback]126778[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I know a Metal compilation that has "The Clairvoyant" on it [!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back