Official Football Thread

Two football supporters got a FC Twente stadion ban on their asses for sporting a huge banner saying: Kosovo is Serbia!

Political expressions are not allowed by KNVB and UEFA.

Milan beat Bologna 1:0 after playing for an hour with 1 man down and 35 minutes with 2 men down, plus without Romagnoli got injured before the first red and with Poli who played injured for the last 20 minutes :D

There are rumours that Arsenal is considering Massimiliano Allegri as a Wenger replacement. Not sure Allegri is the manager that would take us over the edge against Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp, Conte and Pochettino.

I'd love to see Simeone but it's probably a pipedream.

Ajax icon Piet Keizer (73) died. With Johan Cruijff and Sjaak Swart ("Mr. Ajax"), the graceful and capricious left winger formed the renowned attack which brought Ajax so much success in the early seventies, Ajax' golden years: Three times in a row European Cup (1971, 1972 and 1973). In 1972 also the World Cup. In 1971 on Wembley against Panathinaikos, Dick van Dijk scored from a cross by Keizer, preceded by a characteristic passing manoevre.

Keizer was famous for his "schaar" (scissors). E.g. check the 34th second in this vid or click here.

Because of friction with Rinus Michels he never played that many caps for the Netherlands. Only 34.

Keizer made his debut for Ajax in 1961 and never played for another club. In 1974 he stopped after a row with the coach.Then, only 31 years old, he had played 490 matches for Ajax.

365 of these were competition matches. Only Sjaak Swart (463), Wim Suurbier (393) and Danny Blind (372) wore the Ajax shirt more often in the Eredivisie.

864x486.jpg

864x486.jpg

864x486.jpg

With Cruyff in 1967, 1972 and 1999.

Keizer can take some credit for making Cruyff as great as he became, giving many deciding passes. Rest in peace, Piet!

Last edited:
Leicester down 2-0 at the half against Swansea, who started the week placed one spot behind them. If it stays as it is, they're going to fall to 17th place, just one point ahead of the relegation zone.

Lmao Barcelona :D

Although, if they scored at least once day without conceding again, I wouldn't write them off just yet. They still have Messi.

Complete annihilation by PSG. The most hopeless I've seen Barça since Bayern destroyed them in 2013.

Although, if they scored at least once day without conceding again, I wouldn't write them off just yet. They still have Messi.

Meh, from what I'm seeing today, PSG has their number. PSG's midfield simply destroyed Barça today with their tenacity.

Gabriel Jesus broke his matatarsal, possibly out for the rest of the season. That fucking sucks. He was off to an amazing start, such a talented youngster.

1. That was 2 months ago.

2. He really was shit up until Draxler signed, competition made him play better weirdly enough.

3. He's inconsistent, can go missing for months and then come back like this.

Perennial losers. And it has everything to do with Arsene "There is a plan B, I'll sub Giroud in and we'll cross to him" "I could've signed *insert young player who's been playing well* before *insert his team* did in *insert year earlier than the player's transfer to his team*" Wenger.

Back