New posters! Who are you?

Remember kids, you can sort the member list by date joined. However, here's the highlights: (active posters only)

15 May 2002 - Real World
30 Aug 2002 - Maidenfreak
03 Mar 2003 - LooseCannon
19 Apr 2003 - Cosmiceddie
07 Aug 2003 - Shadow
22 Sep 2003 - Forostar
24 Sep 2003 - SinisterMinisterX
26 Sep 2003 - Onhell
23 Oct 2003 - IronDuke
10 May 2004 - Perun
21 Jun 2004 - JackKnife
24 Oct 2004 - Tap_Legion
31 May 2005 - Thingfish
11 Jun 2005 - Black Dragon
15 Jul 2005 - national acrobat
15 Aug 2005 - Genghis Khan
16 Aug 2005 - Hunlord
28 Dec 2005 - Raven
08 Feb 2006 - Albie
06 Apr 2006 - Yax

I probably missed some noteworthy active posters. If I missed ya, sorry. (Note: one year of membership was required to get on this list. If you joined in the last year, too bad.)

I had always thought Hunlord, Albie and Raven as older (than me).  I joined in the Summer of '05 but was idle for almost a year and started posting frequently when 'A Matter of Life and Death' came out.

Here is a completely useless statistic for date registered:
August 16, 2005, 09:03:08 PM -- Hunlord
August 16, 2005, 01:38:13 AM -- Genghis Khan

Well I sort of lurked about for six months or so before starting to post regularly, after seeing some of Mav's flamings back in the day it was hard to start. It seems we share the same Maidenfans birthday Genghis!

Did any of you guys post in the old Iron Maiden newsgroup? (between let's say 1998 and 2002)

Just curious
:)

SinisterMinisterX said:
Remember kids, you can sort the member list by date joined. However, here's the highlights: (active posters only)

15 May 2002 - Real World
30 Aug 2002 - Maidenfreak
03 Mar 2003 - LooseCannon
19 Apr 2003 - Cosmiceddie
07 Aug 2003 - Shadow
22 Sep 2003 - Forostar
24 Sep 2003 - SinisterMinisterX
26 Sep 2003 - Onhell
23 Oct 2003 - IronDuke
10 May 2004 - Perun
21 Jun 2004 - JackKnife
24 Oct 2004 - Tap_Legion
31 May 2005 - Thingfish
11 Jun 2005 - Black Dragon
15 Jul 2005 - national acrobat
15 Aug 2005 - Genghis Khan
16 Aug 2005 - Hunlord
28 Dec 2005 - Raven
08 Feb 2006 - Albie
06 Apr 2006 - Yax

I probably missed some noteworthy active posters. If I missed ya, sorry. (Note: one year of membership was required to get on this list. If you joined in the last year, too bad.)
Hey,  how about January 23? :(

Forostar said:
Did any of you guys post in the old Iron Maiden newsgroup? (between let's say 1998 and 2002)

Just curious
:)

I was not even into Maiden back then.  :)

I must have missed out a lot.

To Hunny: I spent most of my first year just reading, too, for the same reasons.  Mav can be pretty vicious when he wants to be.  What's he been up to anyway? 

...I was posting my comments in Maidenfans news pages from middle March until 26 August 2006
I was reading the commentary, but never visiting the forums
...I was not registred as -back then- it was not nessesary, anyone he could make a comment

...IT WAS A GLORIOUS TIME !

...at that time I made some friends, someone that he was signing as "Slave to the power of Beer", or sometimes just "Slave", and someone else that he was signing as "Frenchfan", someone who had apparently the same age (32) and living in Swizerland some 10 years now....with that guy, we said that we will go together to the concert of Bercy
...BUT
along with the 26 August's leak, it became no more possible to comment for free in the Maidenfans news, so I lost him for a while ... half a month after I saw a comment of his in the news -which was meaning that he had been registrated- so I got registered after a while with the pseudo I used to sign  : "____no5"
just to search for him

one day, I got from nowhere into a coversation between JackKnife and Maverick, and I asked them if they had see someone called Frenchfan ...too late !! Maverick had just deleted some non-active members, including Frenchfan

like this I got into here, but I never found the traces of Frenchfan again

Lets see... I joined in December 2006 and visit pretty frequently although I don't post that often. My name is Varun. I had browsed through the forum frequently before I joined (Since AMOLAD got released). Oh.... I never knew there was a chatroom. But sadly everybody says its disused  :( 

SneakySneaky said:
Hey,  how about January 23? :(

I already addressed this eventuality:

SinisterMinisterX said:
I probably missed some noteworthy active posters. If I missed ya, sorry.

What I really found interesting in making that list above was all the familiar names who don't post here anymore. A few I won't miss, but many were valued members until they left. Sure, we still have the odd poochburner sighting, and SFMS popped in for one post last Xmas, but ... where are SandMaN, Djaser, Trailero, tabor, syl, The_Owl, Mercury, The_7th_Son, MigDaimon, Lib, Battlemaniacs, Black Ace, brother, SearanoX and Pineapple Hunter?

And of course, where is He Who Must Not Be Named?

After all, if Black Ace isn't here, who will I abuse? I recall the good old days...

SinisterMinisterX said:
Listen up you stinking bag of horse shit, we don't give a flying fuck how many posts you have because YOU'RE AN IDIOT ANYWAY. I'm getting tired of checking the threads for new posts only to see that you've added some worthless, insipid 3-word comment that no one but you gives a shit about. STOP SPAMMING OUR BOARDS, FUCKWAD! Either learn to speak intelligently or confine your bullshit to the Madness Forum.

*wipes tear from eye* Ah, sweet memories.

We heard of the posts on the forum resounding,
the keyboards flashing in the online-kingdom.
Messages went striding to the Chatroom
as wind in the morning.  Flames were kindled.
There Maverick fell, Commentary-lord mighty,
to his golden forums and many opinions
in the real-time world, never returning,
high lord of the IMC.  SandMan and Djaser,
Trailero and tabor, doughty syl,
The_Owl and Mercury, The_7th_Son and MigDaimon
flamed and fell to the depths of cyberspace:
in the Archives of Maidenfans in the server they rest
with their league-fellows, lords of the old forum software.
Neither Lib the wordy to the posts in Maidenchat,
Nor Battlemaniacs the French to the General Discussion forum
ever, to the French Discussion Forum, his own country
returned in triumph; nor the weaker posters,
Black Ace and brother_of_the_7th_son to their dark typings,
mere sparks beneath Maverick's flames' shadows.
Disuse in the morning and at day's ending
lords took and lowly.  Long now they sleep
in files and caches in RW's Servers by his tv.

As much as his flaming can be harsh, Mav's presence is sorely missed. Conor's insistence that Dennis Stratton is God and his posting in the footie thread - is missed (well, by me anyway :p). And Serratia - the voice of reason.

SinisterMinisterX said:
What I really found interesting in making that list above was all the familiar names who don't post here anymore. A few I won't miss, but many were valued members until they left. Sure, we still have the odd poochburner sighting, and SFMS popped in for one post last Xmas, but ... where are SandMaN, Djaser, Trailero, tabor, syl, The_Owl, Mercury, The_7th_Son, MigDaimon, Lib, Battlemaniacs, Black Ace, brother, SearanoX and Pineapple Hunter?
I can tell that our French mates (namely syl, The_Owl and Lib) are still active (mostly Lib and syl) but mainly into the French maidenfans forum. Lib recently posted a link to a tv show of his new band.  :)

Lib said:
Alors, je profite à nouveau de ce sujet pour faire mon autopromo !  :D
Un magnifique reportage sur le groupe Jellyfish - dans lequel j'officie depuis peu - a été diffusé hier sur la télé locale de chez moi.
Ceux qui ont 26 minutes à perdre (ah oui ! quand même, ça rigole pas !) peuvent suivre ce lien
Evidement, ça joue Live. De plus vous conviendrez que c'est pas tous les jours que l'on voit une Strat Iron Maiden Signature à la téloche, non ?  ;)

Goodness, I miss Serratia too...she was already rather scarce when I joined (sept 2006) but now..*sniffles*...

As for Maverick...who knows...:ninja:

P.S. LC, you read too much LOTR. Either that or you have lots of time on your hands. :p

P.P.S. And no, the chat seems to have gotten quite active lately supersonic. :)

Well, Knifer, tell them to get their asses back here and post with us!

(By the way, we are now referring to Maverick as He Who Must Not Be Named from hereon in, just to confuse newcomers.)

And I take full credit for resurrecting the chat!

LooseCannon said:
Well, Knifer, tell them to get their asses back here and post with us!
You sound particularly straightforward for someone who did not post for months...don't you? :D
However, you can reach "their ass" by pm at any time  :)

I'm not quite Swidish, but almost... since I'm Danish. There's this love-hate relation between Danes and Swedes. I'm not sure which prejudices the Swedes have about us, but we generally tend to think that all Swedes have mullets and go to Copenhagen and Elsinore to get drunk and throw up in the streets while eating rotten fish. Interestingly, all the Swedes I've met are not like that at all... the conclusion is: I like Swedes, too ;-)

Anyway, I've been a Maiden fan for 19 years now, and, inspired by the three amigos mainly (except back then there were only two amigos), I play a wee bit of guitar myself. I've played in various bands and played various styles from hard rock and doom metal to thrash and death metal. Presently, I'm between bands as I'm focusing on my academic career, but I desperately need to play some rock 'n' roll again! I've even bought a Gibson SG out of desperation! :)

Up the Irons!

I'm Dean and I'm one of those nasty Americans. I have been reading these boards for well over a year and feeling it out and joined recently. I have been a Maiden fan since Piece of Mind religiously. I have had to suffer through the hip-hop revolution in my country but am pleased to say that Metal is making a resurgence big time (so please come tour here more guys!) I don't post much because I have 6 kids that take up most of my time but I was recently neutered so I'm OK for the future  :)

That's alright, Dean, we allow Onhell to post here, so I guess we can let some Yanks in ;)

Is that Europa in your pic?

I am 14 years old, and live in United States. Came there 3 years ago and I will be going back to Poland in a year.  :yey: I am an all metal fan, especially Thrash, but others as well. I have short hair in long hair I look very bad. My favorite bands are: Iron Maiden, Kreator, DragonForce, Children Of Bodom, Annihilator and Behemoth. I am also new to this forum, so I want to say "Hello" to you all.  :blush:

Back