Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

So, I'll go to bed now and expect to wake up to the news of the apocalypse. Since Clinton supporters say it will happen when Trump gets elected, Trump supporters say it will happen when Clinton gets elected, and third party supporters say the same thing for both, I think we're in for disaster in any case.

If the world is still spinning after the Cubs won the World Series ... it will still be spinning despite whatever douchebag is President for the next term

I don't even want to look in the USA topic at this moment. For now just this:

9-11. Nine fucking eleven indeed. A day to remember. Mark me.

My Facebook feed is at the most dramatic it's ever been. "Where's my spaceship?" - "This is a day of mourning" - "9/11 never forget, 11/9 always regret"... I wish I could stay home with some popcorn and watch it all unfold. Sadly, I have to go to work.

Just a quick thought I want to drop here: What exactly do the drama people expect to happen now?

So, which is the greater shock of 2016? Trump becoming US President, or Leicester City winning the EPL?

Cubs winning the World Series. Oh, and Brexit.

2016 will certainly go down in history.

I think this is just overly dramatic, and not taking into account that people like Reagan and Bush II also had access to the nuclear codes, and... funny, the world is still here.

I think this is just overly dramatic, and not taking into account that people like Reagan and Bush II also had access to the nuclear codes, and... funny, the world is still here.

Not to mention that the Russian arsenal was at the hands of an alcoholic for 8 years ...

Interesting. Whats the full name of the doc? It would be the ONLY nature programme I've seen in years :p but I do remember watching those old The Blue Planet series. I love shark and whale nature docs :)
It's Planet Earth II, it's been done as a sequel to the original documentary series of the 00s.

I saw some comments from a Dutch nature programme maker (Ruben Smit). He loves it and is jealous of all the techniques and everything (millions that are spend!) the Brits have and have done to make such great footage. He also had some criticism. Because there are so many shots of different things, it felt a bit like a "nature fair", missing some coherence. There's no clear story told. You don't see how all animal adventures fit in the total picture. The question is what kind of story you want to tell in these kind of documentaries. E.g., if there's a big storm, it has a lot of consequences in a nature area for all animals on that moment. You don't see that in Planet Earth.

I know what he means about it being incoherent. I've a feeling it's all going to come together by the end of the series. The first episode felt like a selection of beautifully presented snapshots, but it was showcasing the unique and sometimes precarious biodiversity of island habitats. Next episode is about mountain habitats. I reckon they're building up to a heavyweight conclusion about man's impact on the natural world, but that will only be revealed slowly through the the series.

And I agree with Flash. Leicester is the biggest shock of 2016 so far. Trump and Brexit were very predictable. I know nothing about the Cubs.

Cubs was even more of an upset than Trump. That had me at the edge of my seat and I don't even like baseball.

The Cubs are the biggest shock especially how they won, but I know nothing about soccer.

Trust me, Leicester was a bigger surprise.

I don't watch baseball but I'm familiar with what they've done. (Ended the biggest drought in MLB history, came back from 3-1 down)

Not sure 108 years in between champions . ..with several historical collapses namely 1969, 1984, and 2003. goat curses, black cats, you name it.

What is the history of Leicester?

It wasn't just the drought and 3-1 deficit. The actual final game was insane. I never thought I'd call a baseball game exciting but there you go.

Back