Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Holy hell!

So many snakes together....! How did this guy get in the middle of that? I guess he must has fallen from above or something.

Some great musicianship at work, trying to get people to visit Northern Territories, Australia:

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F274058%2Fa4a9fa62ac4447b2a3a635924cc3d25f.jpg

Holy hell!

So many snakes together....! How did this guy get in the middle of that? I guess he must has fallen from above or something.
The iguanas actually hatch from eggs buried on that beach. At a guess, there's so many snakes there because it's one of the few meals they get a year. I can recommend watching the full programme, the wildlife footage is fantastic. Best nature programme I've seen for years.

Interesting. Whats the full name of the doc? It would be the ONLY nature programme I've seen in years :p but I do remember watching those old The Blue Planet series. I love shark and whale nature docs :)

The iguanas actually hatch from eggs buried on that beach. At a guess, there's so many snakes there because it's one of the few meals they get a year. I can recommend watching the full programme, the wildlife footage is fantastic. Best nature programme I've seen for years.
I saw some comments from a Dutch nature programme maker (Ruben Smit). He loves it and is jealous of all the techniques and everything (millions that are spend!) the Brits have and have done to make such great footage. He also had some criticism. Because there are so many shots of different things, it felt a bit like a "nature fair", missing some coherence. There's no clear story told. You don't see how all animal adventures fit in the total picture. The question is what kind of story you want to tell in these kind of documentaries. E.g., if there's a big storm, it has a lot of consequences in a nature area for all animals on that moment. You don't see that in Planet Earth.

So, I'll go to bed now and expect to wake up to the news of the apocalypse. Since Clinton supporters say it will happen when Trump gets elected, Trump supporters say it will happen when Clinton gets elected, and third party supporters say the same thing for both, I think we're in for disaster in any case.

Back