Judas Priest

hehehe...sure  :mellow:
But I love this band...I´ve seen them on their last tour and it was completely AMAZING!!  :wacko:  :wacko:
Anyone else has attended to any of their tours?
I wish I could had been to any of the "Priest...Live!" shows  :rolleyes:

Well...have a nice weekend guys!!
Up the Irons!!!

Ah, I'll probably get crucified for saying this but I prefer Owens to Halford  :ninja: before any of you jump on me, I never said Halford is bad  :halo:
Cathedral Spires is just awesome  :ok: it's a shame it isn't on any live....

Well, to be completly honest, I still have to listen to Demolition but from what I heard from Live in London, it sounds good  :ok:

Battlemaniacs said:
Ah, I'll probably get crucified for saying this but I prefer Owens to Halford  :ninja: before any of you jump on me, I never said Halford is bad  :halo:

While I don't agree with you, I will support you in saying Owens is great. I'm not such a fan of Jugulator (maybe I just didn't listen to it enough), but I think Demolition is right up there with their best albums. I also really enjoy Owens elsewhere, with Iced Earth or Beyond Fear. Still, I like Halford's voice better ;)

Perun said:
While I don't agree with you, I will support you in saying Owens is great. I'm not such a fan of Jugulator (maybe I just didn't listen to it enough), but I think Demolition is right up there with their best albums. I also really enjoy Owens elsewhere, with Iced Earth or Beyond Fear. Still, I like Halford's voice better ;)

I haven't heard Beyond Fear, but I would agree with you on the count of Iced Earth.  I think that both of Owen's major breaks with Priest and IE have been spoiled by slightly shoddier songwriting from the part of Glenn/KK and Jon Schaffer, respectively, although many are keen to jump on the bandwagon of blaming Owen's vocals-personally, I really enjoy his renditions of Priest's old material, and I can imagine him singing songs like Pure Evil and Travel in Stygian superbly for Iced Earth...it's just the fact that most people judge him on the basis of something like When the Eagle Cries (*shudder*) :down:

Technically, both of them are great singers with an admirable vocal range. Some people (majority) say Halford is better, other ones prefer Ripper...that´s a matter of tastes. I personally admire both of them as they have different things to offer. 

Ripper does not use his scream as much as Halford. His singing style is more of a low voice.However i think i have heard him hit the high notes well in some songs.

fenderhwy1 said:
Ripper does not use his scream as much as Halford. His singing style is more of a low voice.However i think i have heard him hit the high notes well in some songs.

Wait until you hear him singing some of the 'Night of the Stormrider' material on Iced Earth's next DVD.  I'm praying that Pure Evil is on that setlist...Ripper would fit that song so well...
'PUUUUUURRRRREEEEE EVILLLLL!!!!!' :ok:

fenderhwy1 said:

Ripper said:
VICTIM OF CHANGES
:innocent:

fenderhwy1 said:
Screaming has nothing to do with low or high pitches...You can scream in both low or high notes. By the way, Ripper´s voice is lower than Halford´s one.
Anyway...if you listen to "Angel of Retribution" you´ll see that there aren´t as much screams as there were in previous albums (eg. Plainkiller).
Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing......screamiiing for vengeance!!!  :nana:  :yey:

I guess Rob Halfords voice is not as good now. Hes pretty old(late 50's I think) sometimes his voice sounds a little strained. Still its a great acheivement to still be singing and touring. :clap:

fenderhwy1 said:
I guess Rob Halfords voice is not as good now. Hes pretty old(late 50's I think)
Actually, He´s 55
Look...Ripper is a great singer, but you can´t compare him, technically, with the Metal God. Haven´t you heard 'Priest...Live!' or 'Live Insurrection'? Well...the first one was recorded when Halford was 35.
fenderhwy1 said:
...sometimes his voice sounds a little strained.
Some weeks ago I watched an Iced Earth bootleg from 2003 and let me tell you that in some songs Ripper´s falssetto didn´t sound clear and good at ALL!

A brand new HALFORD song, entitled "Forgotten Generation", has been made available for streaming at MP3.com.

For link, go first here --->

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=62633

The track, which was officially released yesterday (Tuesday, November 21) via iTunes, is the first new HALFORD song in more than four years. Rob Halford wrote the tune and another new cut, "Drop Out", with the HALFORD band this year during downtime from working with JUDAS PRIEST on their upcoming album "Nostradamus". "We just thought it would be nice to offer fans an earful of new HALFORD stuff and let everybody know we're still around," he said, according to MTV.com. Both new tracks will be available on "Halford: Metal God Essentials - Volume 1", which comes out November 28. The album will contain 15 songs spanning Halford's solo career and will also be available exclusively through iTunes. Also on November 28, Halford will release the entire HALFORD catalog ("Resurrection", "Live Insurrection" and "Crucible"), plus the FIGHT demo "K5 the War of Words Demos". "We love iTunes," Halford said. "It's a tremendous format and they're really looking after the Metal God in a really great way."

In a recent interview with Classic Rock Revisited, Rob stated about the new HALFORD tracks, "These are really just two HALFORD songs that have never been released. Most people know the HALFORD band is still in existence. We are working in different territories the past few years. Metal Mike is in a band called the PAINMUSEUM, which is a very successful extreme metal act. Roy Z is the co-producer of the PRIEST reunion album 'Angel of Retribution'. Mike D on bass is in Los Angeles and is always working. These were two tracks that we thought we wanted to bring forward to let people know that the HALFORD band is still alive. At some point in the future, when we don't have things clashing with PRIEST's calendar, we will bring out more material." He added, "I don't see why HALFORD should not play live again. It will be interesting to see how things go throughout our initial release phase. We are optimistic that we will do really well and that will signify when that will be. We have an understanding that at some point in the future, when time allows, we will get back out there and do some live work."

I saw the Priest in concert last year, and I must say his vocals were amazing for an old guy...hehehe, anyway even though I heard his amazing voice I thought he couldn't sing Painkiller anymore, but the guy proved me wrong.  Rob Halford can still sing :yey:

Singers such as Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson and Ronnie James Dio are awesome...because they are technically great and they can work out any song in their current vocal range.
As they get older, they are better singers  :ok:

^^MeTaLeRo^^ said:
Singers such as Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson and Ronnie James Dio are awesome...because they are technically great and they can work out any song in their current vocal range.
As they get older, they are better singers  :ok:

Hell yeah! The power of experience.

Natalie said:
Anybody know when Nostradamus is coming out this year?
The release date is still unknown. I´ve read somewhere that the album is ninety something percent recorded but I´m not anxious about it...I just hope it will be great!  :ok:

Natalie said:
Anybody know when Nostradamus is coming out this year?
There is a certain irony in the above statement that made me chuckle. :D

Forostar said:
Rob Halford:

"....and with the belief that it's ready when it's ready, we should be out by the middle of 2007 with 'Nostradamus'."

Nostradamus published his book in 1555 and in the middle of the next year he died (1 July 1556)
Although I've already posted some of his qurtains in the Poesy thread, I re-post here the one that forsaw his death thus made him famous.....it's said that he told to his servant the night of 31 june that he will be not alive the next morning

De retour d'Ambassade, don de Roy mis au lieu
Plus n'en fera : sera allé à Dieu
Parans plus proches, amis, frères du sang,
Trouvé tout mort près du lict et du banc

translation :  after the retourn from the embassy in which the king was in the center of/ he will do nothing more : he'll go close to god/ parents, friends, bloodbrothers/ he'll be found dead close to the bed and the bench

Back