Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

Here's the info that I have on the subject:

"Rob Angelo, once penned a song called 'Sanctuary' which would no doubt have been a Mantis mayhem hit had Iron Maiden's manager, Rod Smallwood, not purchased it fore miserly sum and used it to further his boys' careers. However, the band accepted the blow with a philosophical smile just as they have accepted other failures." (Sounds Magazine– Robbi Millar - March 14, 1981)

Bob Sawyer claims that he originally wrote the song around 1974 and that Maiden management payed him 3,000£ for the song's rights. I believe this is a claim that appeared on the Metal For Muthas CD liner notes.

"I think it was a punk song, which we had a long time before. I had this song even before we joined Iron Maiden. We just creamed out for a little bit more and got that one together." (Paul Di'Anno for Wikimetal – September 26, 2002)

Thanks for your answers. I will try to find the info, but it was given as a matter of fact that the song was not their's, which has always puzzled me.

The best bit is how they almost seem to recover from the mess but then nope, back to being messed up. And then they just stop abruptly and have this awkward little pause until they do the last outro bit.

Hahaha indeed. This is like that person who played these classics the wrong way on purpose and put them on YT. Hilarious chaos.

It was not only the song character who was killed during this performance, it was the whole song, while people screamed of terror. :D

Fuckin' hell. Were Davey and H completely drunk durinng this gig? It sounds like it's their fault
I think Steve got on with it too soon at 5:30, then they all almost caught up, but Bruce should have started singing ("yeaeaeah") at 6:03 and he didn't :D
Great stuff :cheers:

1998 interview with Blaze and Janick, originally broadcasted by German VIVA TV on "Metalla" show:

Interview with Steve and Dave, Live After Death era (even on the day it was released). Last three minutes with Bruce.

I think Steve got on with it too soon at 5:30, then they all almost caught up, but Bruce should have started singing ("yeaeaeah") at 6:03 and he didn't :D
Great stuff :cheers:

I have just listened to this! :lol: I agree: Steve got on with it too soon at 5:30 and then the rest followed. Hilarious stuff! :lol:

Very nice. Thanks Mosh!

Love how he told how he got ejected by Keith Moon out of the dressing room after Nicko insulted Roger Daltrey.

I am not that happy with him saying the band have NO plans at the moment. After the tour they will have a talk about that.

As if anything can happen. I had rather hoped they already decided to make a new album.

Last edited:
Back