Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

I have always liked Black Bart Blues. I was able to strip out the "hi guys are you in a band or something" segments and it turned into a great song.

Was the music for Highway Road in Time not used for a b-side, Black Bart Blues I think?
Musically pretty simple song, centered around a drummer that wasn't there to play on the alleged original. So what should be Highway Road In Time, some song with simple chord progression from Black Bart Blues?

The slower tempo is kinda cool though and there's some interesting vocal melodies that didn't make it to the version on Killers.

The last one was posted somewhere on this forum. With Aces High. The most irritating person in the crowd/angry Bruce vid ever.

Edit: ah I just saw you posted Aces High as well. Don't know Wrathchild from this gig yet.

Let's tag that these are vids from Madrid 1999 couple of posts above, because I searched 'Madrid' over this thread and didn't see it. Should avoid (triple)posting

Interview with Bruce Dickinson from the UK's BBC radio 1 Friday Rock Show with DJ Tommy Vance . I recorded this from the radio in April 1988 just after the Single "Can I Play With Madness" came out. This is recorded on good old Tape, so there is a little hissing from the Tape, but i've tryed to reduce the hissing as much as i can. This is also only in Mono. Enjoy this forgotten Maiden Classic.

1998: Dave and Janick playing football with Brazilian kids.

Bruce and Dave interview, Fear of the Dark era. Includes explanation for silly b-sides and covers:

Interview with Clive Burr and Adrian Smith! Interview at Victoria Hall, Hanley (Staffordshire, England) 28 November 1980
@Ariana and everyone else: this is the first interview with Adrian! He was one and a half month in the band at the time, just having played his 8th concert with Maiden (excluding the TV performance in München)! Clive is doing most of the talking. Very special interview if you ask me. From 1980! Nice.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think its the only video out there with him actually using double bass. As you can see though, he isn't really playing very much.

Oh, and that brings up something i've always wondered, why does metallica always take the piss with Run to the Hills? One minute I hear they're great fans of Maiden, and they even have defended them on occasion but then the next I see them "play" Run to the Hills.

"We all incredible Maiden fans, obviously, and I don't think Metallica would be where Metallica is today if it wasn't for Iron Maiden, not only paving the way but also for just inspiring me in 1981 to form a band. We were sitting there recording the Garage thing in LA and it was a pretty loosey-goosey set of sessions and one day we started going into Run To The Hills which is one of those things that anybody could attempt at any time.

Sometimes those harmonies could be a bit tricky for a few of the guitar guys and I think a few of them were slightly off-whack. There may have been a couple of people who thought that we were taking the piss but obviously it was meant as a tribute in our own perverse Metallica way having been around basically nothing but English people for the better part of the previous five years. I'm sure no ill will was taken. About a year later, I think it was right when we finished the Justice album, I had been in New York mastering the album and Maiden were playing at the Meadowlands in New Jersey, it was probably July of '88. I went out and went to the gig. Obviously at that time, whenever you went anywhere you were pretty lubed up and continued to be as lubed up as possible. I was standing behind Nicko, they were doing the Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son tour, and I was watching him, hanging out. I think Run To The Hills was the first encore and he handed me the sticks and pointed. I was like, 'huh?' I crawled up the stairs and I remember hearing Bruce introduce me, then I started playing Run To The Hills in front of 20,000 people. I may have gotten just about as far as I did on the Metallica version that came out. The whole thing was a complete clusterf*** and I don't even think we got through the first verse. Note to self, don't play drums in public when drinking! We gave it our best shot but I don't think we even made it to the first chorus." (Lars Ulrich for David West - http://www.musicradar.com/rhythm/lars-ulrich-on-iron-maiden-lulu-and-metallicas-future-513801 - Taken on March 12, 2017)

Back