1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Forostar, Aug 19, 2007.

1. harrisdevot

harrisdevot Ancient Mariner

Not a waste of time when you are willing to translate into english an interview that was first translated into dutch.

2. harrisdevot

I remember reading (here or on the IMFC forum, I couldn't say) that Sanctuary wasn't written by Maiden, but brought to them by Rod when he begun to manage them. And now, a supposed 1977 recording surface. Could this imply that Maiden was just covering it, or that this Rod story was false ?

3. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

From what I've heard Sanctuary was written by a few friends of Dave Murray and it had nothing to do with Rod.

4. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

5. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

As far as I recall, Sanctuary as a song already existed in the set when Rod came to manage them (in 1978 or so)

6. harrisdevot

Thanks for your answers. I will try to find the info, but it was given as a matter of fact that the song was not their's, which has always puzzled me.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  7. Forostar

Not saying others have not contributed, but just like Charlotte, Sanctuary appeared in Maiden's set when Dave Murray was in the band for the first time. Invasion was also created during that lineup era plus the mysterious Highway Road in Time, the only known self written song that was not made public in later years.
    Full list: click

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  8. Forostar

9. srfc

srfc Educated Fool

Was the music for Highway Road in Time not used for a b-side, Black Bart Blues I think?

10. Whooten

Whooten Educated Fool

I have always liked Black Bart Blues. I was able to strip out the "hi guys are you in a band or something" segments and it turned into a great song.

11. Zare

Musically pretty simple song, centered around a drummer that wasn't there to play on the alleged original. So what should be Highway Road In Time, some song with simple chord progression from Black Bart Blues?

12. Forostar

Wrathchild 1977!

13. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

Sounds like it needs a bit of Dave Murray...

14. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

It does indeed sound like it needs better players...

Zare likes this.
  15. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway Yacht Rock

The slower tempo is kinda cool though and there's some interesting vocal melodies that didn't make it to the version on Killers.

16. Forostar

Sabbathish.

SixesAlltheway likes this.
  17. Welsh Phantom

Welsh Phantom Educated Fool

Wrathchild Bloody Wrathchild

Poto, SixesAlltheway, Zare and 2 others like this.
  18. Zare

It's incredible how much the bassist stands out.
    Just wow. If you took the bass out of that recording nothing would have left.

19. Zare

Fucking Greeks :D

20. Zare

I don't think these were posted before

jazz from hell likes this.