Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

I rather do that the Dutch way. Under that is. The English language users have a strange idea of an ass, as if someone can kick (you know, the move starting low, going upwards) on top of an ass. Is that some circle kung fu move?

Wrong. There's space under the ass where the upward moving foot can land perfectly.

Also, kicking IN the teeth is ridiculous. Or in the mouth or whatever. Do you guys want to open teeth, in order to go inside and then kick? INSIDE the teeth? Give me a break. It's kicking or hittin ON the mouth. You don't have to open anything while or before doing that.

It's the upward motion of a kick, rather than the part of the arse they are describing

Under my arse suggests a fresh-air kick. I mean, what's under one's arse? I don't have anything under my arse.
It's a kick up the arse because the move finishes with my foot up your arse.

The under side (onderkant) of one's arse. You call it the backside. But an arse isn't flat vertically. You can kick from beneath and hit the bottom.

Yes, I know it's the move you people focus on. We focus on where we hit it. Without that focus, it doesn't mean stimulating someone to do something/get someone motivated.

Back on topic:

Another Life from 1977!! Note the subtle drum intro difference.

Hey Foro, any news on this project? No rush, but I'd really like to read it.
I rather do that the Dutch way. Under that is. The English language users have a strange idea of an ass, as if someone can kick (you know, the move starting low, going upwards) on top of an ass. Is that some circle kung fu move?

Wrong. There's space under the ass where the upward moving foot can land perfectly.

Also, kicking IN the teeth is ridiculous. Or in the mouth or whatever. Do you guys want to open teeth, in order to go inside and then kick? INSIDE the teeth? Give me a break. It's kicking or hittin ON the mouth. You don't have to open anything while or before doing that.
The under side (onderkant) of one's arse. You call it the backside. But an arse isn't flat vertically. You can kick from beneath and hit the bottom.

Yes, I know it's the move you people focus on. We focus on where we hit it. Without that focus, it doesn't mean stimulating someone to do something/get someone motivated.
This is why it's taking so long, Jazz. Foro is too busy spending his time debating the differences in idioms and expressions for ass kicking between languages. :p

This is why it's taking so long, Jazz. Foro is too busy spending his time debating the differences in idioms and expressions for ass kicking between languages. :p
Not a waste of time when you are willing to translate into english an interview that was first translated into dutch.

I remember reading (here or on the IMFC forum, I couldn't say) that Sanctuary wasn't written by Maiden, but brought to them by Rod when he begun to manage them. And now, a supposed 1977 recording surface. Could this
imply that Maiden was just covering it, or that this Rod story was false ?
From what I've heard Sanctuary was written by a few friends of Dave Murray and it had nothing to do with Rod.

As far as I recall, Sanctuary as a song already existed in the set when Rod came to manage them (in 1978 or so)

Thanks for your answers. I will try to find the info, but it was given as a matter of fact that the song was not their's, which has always puzzled me.

Last edited:
Not saying others have not contributed, but just like Charlotte, Sanctuary appeared in Maiden's set when Dave Murray was in the band for the first time. Invasion was also created during that lineup era plus the mysterious Highway Road in Time, the only known self written song that was not made public in later years.
- - - - - - -
III: '76-'77 / Lineup: Dennis Willcock, Dave Murray, Bob Sawyer, Steve Harris, Ron Matthews
New songs:
Charlotte the Harlot
Sanctuary
Invasion
Highway Road In Time
Full list: click

Last edited:
Back