1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Forostar, Aug 19, 2007.

1. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

I have just listened to this! :lol: I agree: Steve got on with it too soon at 5:30 and then the rest followed. Hilarious stuff! :lol:

2. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

3. TAC

TAC Nomad

Awesome interview. Thanks for the link Forostar!

4. Forostar

You're welcome. Glad I heard it myself
    without having to spend money on it. :help:

5. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

I've got it and still don't have a record player. :oops:

Zare, Forostar and LooseCannon like this.
  6. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Nicko on Eddie Trunk. In spoilers because the tour is discussed:

Brigantium and Forostar like this.
  7. Forostar

Very nice. Thanks Mosh!

Love how he told how he got ejected by Keith Moon out of the dressing room after Nicko insulted Roger Daltrey.

I am not that happy with him saying the band have NO plans at the moment. After the tour they will have a talk about that.

As if anything can happen. I had rather hoped they already decided to make a new album.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  8. Poto

Poto Educated Fool

I honestly don't think he's telling the truth. He knows what happens next, whether it's a best-of tour or a new album.

Brigantium and srfc like this.
  9. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

He probably means no specific plans, like exactly which recording studio, on which date and at what time.

10. Forostar

I assume you guys did not hear the fragment. It honestly did not sound like that. Not at all. There was a very open question about the plans, the word album was not mentioned by interviewer nor Nicko, and Nicko even stressed that usually the band/Rod have a plan, years ahead. Not this time. I am holding my breath for a year of nothingness.
    Or another tour.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  11. GhostofCain

I think that is probably the case. Either that, or they have not told him yet as they think he might have said more than he should have! :lol:

12. GhostofCain

Thanks for posting that link. Interesting interview, although I must say that I can find Eddie Trunk quite irritating. :lol:

Whooten likes this.
  13. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

Rosemont Horizon 1987, possibly the best SoT bootleg, and probably mislabeled as pro-recorded alike to Hammersmith 1983.

14. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

I was at that show .. last one I saw in (or around) Chicago until last week :)

Zare likes this.
  15. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

I believe we discussed this before, and I also think I spoke of this bootleg and possibly shared it with forum members before. It's quite known in Maiden circles. But wasn't on YT (only couple of separate songs).
    What was the size of the audience? I think Bruce says this is the biggest show in USA on tour.

16. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Rosemont (or whatever they call it now) is big for an indoor arena ... I would guess capacity around 18 thousand for concerts and the place was packed .. maybe a few empty seats up in the node bleeds, but it was essentially full.

17. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

Yeah, it's very big but doesn't actually feel too big. Like every other old stadium in Chicago the seats are squashed together, so it still feels as small as say the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Vegas, which seats 6,000 less people.

18. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

According to this 18,500 for concerts .. though it might have been slightly different back then .. but I doubt it has changed much .. I have not been in there for a long time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allstate_Arena

19. Forostar

Maiden and Helloween back in 1998. Great combo that was. Spanish overdubbing but there are some short segments and the complete Iron Maiden song at the end @14:55 (and Helloween's Dr. Stein @5:55).

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Black Bart and TheTalisman like this.
  20. TheTalisman

TheTalisman F├ągel

Look at that audience, yet some people will go on and say that they only played "to hundreds" during this time...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Forostar likes this.