Iron Maiden are playing your least favorite album in its entirety - will you go?

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
No encore, maybe they'll play Iron Maiden to bring out Eddie but that's it.

I imagine most people here would say yes but maybe I'm wrong. My least favorite is FOTD and I'd probably still go because there are so many songs on that album that never got played live, it'd be quite a novelty. Plus it's still Maiden. Maybe seeing some of those songs live would help me appreciate the album a bit more.

Are there any possible Maiden set lists that would make you choose to stay home?

I wouldn't go if they played the full Virtual XI+Iron Maiden. There is only one song of interest for me and it is Clansman. With my second least favourite album, FOTD, the story is different. I would go, because I would love to see Be Quick, Wasting Love, Judas My Guide, ATTS (again) and The Fugitive. That would outweight the Apparition, Weekend Warrior and other bad or medicore songs.

My least favourite Maiden album is Killers, and yes - I would go. Mostly because of the amount of bragging I'd do after seeing all those rarities.
I would also see Wrathchild, but eh...

And I'd see Dave's back-to-back solos on Prodigal Son. :ninja:

Last edited:
Absolutely, without a doubt. I find it very special to witness songs I have never witnessed before, even if they would be on my least favourite album.
I also find it interesting to see how the band would approach an old album.

Killers in its entirety? Honestly I wouldn't be eager to go. Especially if that required travelling across the country. If money wouldn't be any problem then sure, I'd see it, but I wouldn't feel bad about skipping it. Watching some recordings would satisfy my curiosity in terms of their approach to these rare oldies.

To Me it would be a blast! Not sure which one would be my least favourite, but every record has at least a couple of songs they haven't played much/recently/at all and hearing those would bring me much more joy than a "safe" setlist. On the other hand, if they played only the he songs they've played the most, just the hits and live staples. THEN I might just skip it actually.

X Factor in its entirety would be a chore but I'd do it for The Edge of Darkness and Judgement of Heaven.

Silly question.
Even if there was an album I didn't like, I'd still go for that rare awesome deep cut that never got played, or hadn't been played for years.

Virtual XI. I would go to see the Clansman and Educated Fool. But DLTTEOAS gives me a bad headache. So I may have to leave after that.

Even though I really have a hard time slogging through the whole thing on CD, I actually would love seeing Virtual XI with am upgraded stage show and hearing Bruce's vocal interpretations. The only problem is that if the show was in the States, half the crowd would probably head to the beer & food tent after Futureal.

The only problem is that if the show was in the States, half the crowd would probably head to the beer & food tent after Futureal.
So basically every other tour in the States. :D

Virtual XI isn't my least favorite, but I suspect it's an album that would really benefit with new vocals and the live setting. My biggest gripe with that album is how lifeless it sounds. The songwriting is really solid but the production and performances just sound so tired. It makes me feel sleepy, which is the opposite of what a Maiden album should do.

Back