Iron Maiden are playing your least favorite album in its entirety - will you go?

That means X Factor. At least it's one of the longer albums. And it would be nice to see how Bruce portrayes that songs (Sing of the Cross in Rio is awesome, Lord of the Flies - Death on the Road even more so). But only if the gig is about 200-300 km from where I live (a one-day trip gig). I wouldn't go if I also had to pay for plane tickets and hotel.

Any of the 90s albums would be great to witness with the triple guitar attack. Adrian's solos on any 90s song would be fun to hear.

Fear Of The Dark = least favourite album but I'd definitely go along and hope they bring Eddie out dressed as a ghost during The Apparition.

I'd go. There is not a single album they have done that does not contain at least 3 or 4 blinding tracks.

It would be interesting to see them dividing solos, since in this scenario the entire setlist is just the album being played. Has Adrian ever taken one of Janick's solos?

No he hasn't.

But doing only a nineties album in the set would certainly give the first "excuse" to do it. ;)

I would like to know if anybody's least favorite album here is one that is well represented live and if that would affect their answer.

I don't know. Virtual XI or Dance Of Death would be pretty boring/dreadful live, I imagine.

Of course, that's my opinion.

Because Maiden share solos.
Hardly. Janick plays some original Adrian solos because Adrian left the band. They haven't all returned to Adrian. It's not that complicated.
But yeah, if the remainder of the set would consist of songs/w Adrian on solos, it might be less necessary/needed.
If Maiden played "any 90's song" there would be no original Adrian solo. Janick is still in the band, therefore why would he (&/or Dave) not play their own solos. Adrian would be on rhythm duty for the tour.

I agree, but at the same time if they were to do something like this they might decide to rearrange the songs a little bit.

Killers would be the one I'd least like to hear live, but it would still be awesome. So yes, I'd go.

Back