Iron Maiden are playing your least favorite album in its entirety - will you go?

It would be Virtual XI. Would go just to hear Bruce sing the songs we haven't heard him do from this one. Also hearing Angel and The Gambler with some live energy might give me a different view of this song ;)

If they went out and played Killers, I'd still go. I'm still one of the very few Iron Maiden fans left who hasn't heard Wrathchild played live.

Oh and Murders in the Rue Morgue would be pretty epic to see live.

Hardly. Janick plays some original Adrian solos because Adrian left the band. They haven't all returned to Adrian. It's not that complicated.
In the end Janick played them, because they share. And some got returned to H because they share. It's not that difficult.
If Maiden played "any 90's song" there would be no original Adrian solo. Janick is still in the band, therefore why would he (&/or Dave) not play their own solos.
Because they share.
Adrian would be on rhythm duty for the tour.
No way. I mean, doing a whole studio album with 3 guitarists and 2 only soloing is more unlikely than doing a whole studio album with with 3 guitarists sharing the leads (to a certain extent).

Share.

Share. Share. Share. Share. Share. Share. Share. Share. Share. Share. Share. Share.

You can type Share another hundred times, it doesn't make it a reality.

Maiden's guitarists on the whole play their own solos. Why would this change?

Between FOTD and NPFTD, I'm not sure what my least favorite is, but if they did either of those, I'd still go since they both have songs I do enjoy and Maiden show is still a really amazing experience.

Yeah, I would. It would have been an unique event to say the least. Just hearing Bruce singing Como estais amigos and dom't you think I'm a saviour..

No. The only song that I really enjoy on No Prayer is Holy Smoke, the title track is pretty good and stuff like Tailgunner, BYDTTS and RSRD aren't bad. Other than that...yeah, definitely not worth it.

It would be interesting to see them dividing solos, since in this scenario the entire setlist is just the album being played. Has Adrian ever taken one of Janick's solos?

Actually, he has! But not in Iron Maiden - he did the solo in Tattooed Millionaire during the Accident of Birth and Chemical Wedding tours.

How much would the tickets be? It would probably be a yes because so few people would go they would have to play a really small venue which means you'd get a great up close personal concert in which they would play maybe 2-3 decent songs. Just need to think this through enough. Now paying $75 for a large venue with crap songs? No.

That's another question, really. What ticket price would put you off seeing Maiden - assuming you do easily have enough money saved to afford whatever they ask. When would it stop being worth it?

Yes, I'd go see them do Virtual XI in it's entirety. I never ever listen to that album but even though it's my least favorite album (by a huge margin too), I still feel like it's alright and has some cool songs.

I honestly don't think I have a ticket spending cap. Each year since about 2002 I set aside a certain amount of $$ a year earmarked for Maiden shows. Sometimes I get close to the ceiling (2010 and 2012) but most years I just roll it over into Maiden savings for the next year.

Absolutely. Fear of the Dark has some nice gems in it, i would love to see it played as a whole.

Be Quick or Be Dead
From Here to Eternity
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Fear is the Key
Childhood's End
Wasting Love
The Fugitive
Chains of Misery
The Apparition
Judas be My Guide
Weekend Warrior
Fear of the Dark
The Angel and the Gambler
Iron Maiden (because they'll play Iron Maiden at their funeral)
--
Another Life
Sun and Steel
Out of the Silent Planet

There we go. A set with the album that i dislike the most, with 4 other songs that i don't like to fill the set (and Iron Maiden. Obviously).
I would gladly pay to see this concert

Would you still go without all of those other songs though? In this scenario the only other song you're getting is Iron Maiden. :p

Here's one that has me curious as a Dream Theater fan. Would you go to see them if the entire set consisted of them covering someone else's album in its entirety? Does it matter if the album they're covering is one you like or dislike?

Dream Theater used to do this and a lot of fans complained, despite the fact that it was the 2nd of two 90 minute sets so you were still getting a full set of their own music (still covering whole albums was a bad idea IMO).

Those would be my high points as well, especially Judas. I'd be curious how they handle Fear Is the Key and The Apparition too. I'd be concerned about Bruce doing Be Quick.

Good idea Mosh. I've not listened to Dance of Death for ages, and I'm sure I would have fun. Anyway, I actually have fun singing songs I hate on record : I never ever listen to Two Minutes to Midnight, Revelations, Flight of Icarus, and I'm having fun with they play it live, and I've done so for 30 years. So I wouldn't complain about them doing a whole record. The only reason to miss a Maiden gig is money .

Last edited:
Here's one that has me curious as a Dream Theater fan. Would you go to see them if the entire set consisted of them covering someone else's album in its entirety? Does it matter if the album they're covering is one you like or dislike?

Dream Theater used to do this and a lot of fans complained, despite the fact that it was the 2nd of two 90 minute sets so you were still getting a full set of their own music (still covering whole albums was a bad idea IMO).

I think the "play a whole covers album" set is incredibly lame. A few songs here and there, fine, but if I went to one of those DT shows, I'd be a little annoyed. Overall, I would still enjoy it because DT plays 3 hour shows and we'd still get 90 minutes of DT material. Plus, I love Maiden and Metallica, so seeing them do those albums would be a once in a lifetime opportunity. I would be very upset seeing them do a covers album by a band I don't like.

In general, I don't like Maiden covering other bands and Maiden does not play "evening with" shows. Thus, I would probably not pay to see Maiden doing an entire album of covers and their namesake song only. Unless that album of covers was a Bruce solo album or A.S.A.P.

Back