Iron Maiden are playing your least favorite album in its entirety - will you go?

Those would be my high points as well, especially Judas. I'd be curious how they handle Fear Is the Key and The Apparition too. I'd be concerned about Bruce doing Be Quick.

I think Bruce can handle Be Quick. It wouldn't be great at the end of the tour, the band would need to adjust the song here and there, but Bruce would handle it, specially because the two next songs aren't vocally tough for him.

Those would be my high points as well, especially Judas. I'd be curious how they handle Fear Is the Key and The Apparition too. I'd be concerned about Bruce doing Be Quick.
Dream Theater making The Fugitive even more progressive would literally explode everyones brain. I don't think this should be allowed to happen..

In all seriousness. If Maiden did the Fear of the Dark album I wouldn't go. It's hard to listen to that album the way it is. If Dream Theater did, then I would go as they would put lots of twists on it. Kind of like how they did with Gangland.

That's another question, really. What ticket price would put you off seeing Maiden - assuming you do easily have enough money saved to afford whatever they ask. When would it stop being worth it?
I would not pay more than 60€ (as of today 66.438 US dollars) to see any concert (including one day entry to a festival) to see ANY BODY. I also don't buy any festival ticket as long as I don't know who will be on the bill. We are cash cows enough as it is...

In all seriousness. If Maiden did the Fear of the Dark album I wouldn't go. It's hard to listen to that album the way it is. If Dream Theater did, then I would go as they would put lots of twists on it. Kind of like how they did with Gangland.
Now Mike Portnoy is out of the band, there is little chance DT would do many covers (unfortunately), especially a whole album.
And yes, I also liked the twist on "Gangland". For those who haven't heard it:

Last edited:
First off, every album has at least one song that would make the show completely worth it. Also, my least favorite albums aren't necessarily the ones I'd be the least excited about seeing performed in their entirety. Both Blaze albums would be awesome just to hear Bruce's take on the songs. Other albums have several never-before played songs that would be very cool to hear.

The Number of The Beast would honestly be an album I wouldn't be super interested in seeing live. NOTB, Run to the Hills, and Hallowed have all been played to death, I've already seen Children and Prisoner (although they are both great songs), and I have no real desire to see Gangland or Total Eclipse. Invaders and 22AA would still make it worth it, however.

A show I would be the least likely to see would have to have a set consisting of mostly overplayed songs mixed in with some of my least-liked songs overall. Something Like:

Wildest Dreams
Wrathchild
The Angel and the Gambler
Can I Play With Madness
Hooks in You
Gates of Tomorrow
Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger
Two Minutes to Midnight
New Frontier
Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter
The Fallen Angel
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
---------------------
Number of the Beast
Sanctuary
Running Free

Honestly, I'd still end up going to this show.

Regarding the dream theater question I experienced this about 11 years ago. They played 2 nights back to back at the Hammersmith Apollo in London. It's well known (at least it was back in the day) that if they play 2 nights in a row at the same venue the second night would always have a set covering a favourite album of theirs. This time it was dark side of the moon.

How anyone can complain at this I don't know. I went to both nights and they had no support and played two very long sets each night. If I was a casual fan and only went to the second night the first set they did was as long as any normal maiden or any other bands set so hearing darkside of the moon after an interval would be a total bonus.

Plus they really put some effort in and got some of the original musicians that played on the album. Not any pink floyd members of course but some of the session people who played other instruments on the album.

Last edited:
Cool thanks for the info! I actually watched the DVD of that exact performance last night.

Back