The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 NO SPOILERS ALLOWED Thread

Are they going to fly through Europe or just use truck based logistics?

If you read between the lines on the original press release, they planned it out to use Ed Force One until the cost of doing so is just too damn much, to try to show it off everywhere possible.

Hi all, this is probably a weird first post but I really would like to see the plane whilst it's here in the UK and Stansted is the nearest I can get to........so does anybody know if it can be viewed from a road at the airport?? Thanks

Your best bet is checking some aviation forums. One road apparently gives decent views of the cargo ramp, which is where I guess EF1 will be, but I don't know for certain that it's parked there.

That's a thought. I've looked at google maps etc and i'm beginning to think it should be easily seen as Stansted is such a small airport. I'm about an hours drive away so I might just go up there anyway and see what I can see.

Is that Dusseldorf? I've seen a few aviation videos from there and there are often nasty crosswinds making life difficult for pilots.

When's your first Maiden show, @Forostar?

Is that Dusseldorf? I've seen a few aviation videos from there and there are often nasty crosswinds making life difficult for pilots.
Yes. From Aviation TV facebook:
Iron Maiden uses a former Air France Boeing 747-400 for its tour around the globe. This amazing B747 visited Düsseldorf and almost caused a traffic chaos around the airport because many people came to Düsseldorf to see the arrival of this special Boeing 747. It arrived from London Stansted and continued to Munich. For sure the highlight of the year and I hope I' ll be able to see this 747 again someday. The operateor is Air Atlanta Icelandic.
Video : Cargospotter.

When's your first Maiden show, @Forostar?
Wednesday 8 June!

Someone on the FC forum has finally got full pictures of both nose gear doors on Ed Force One with the names of fan club members on. I've found mine and spotted a few other names I know.

I FOUND MY NAME!

Reference (these are not my photos):

03c11b85cca1872831f8415acf031c7d0.93775700_1464622263_edforceone_klappe_rechts.jpg

2f4b2c75bdff550470a27e594285734a0.09466200_1464622270_edforceone_klappe_links.jpg

Back