The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 NO SPOILERS ALLOWED Thread

*crickets*

Anyone else still (relatively) spoiler-free? I can't wait to experience the new show live. It seems an eternity since I last saw them in 2012!

Unfortunately Facebook, so I laid my glance at some little text unintentionally, which spoiled one song for me. (An obvious one, let us say)

I will try not to make a big deal out of staying spoiler free whatever it takes, but also I will not read the setlists or watch Youtube or just think too much about it. I think I can do it.

SPOILERS:
-Most of the songs played in the show are from the group "Iron Maiden", which you may happen to know.
-None of the songs played were released before The Soundhouse Tapes.
-None of the songs from their 2019 album are played.
-Bruce is the one who speaks the most throughout the show.
-Nicko is such a good drum wizard that he uses two wands at the same time.
-Dave decided to play the guitar. Interestingly enough, he did the same for all the tours in Iron Maiden's history.
-Adrian has a beard.
-John F. Kennedy's appearance is so short that it remains unnoticed by most.
-The tour is called " The Book of Souls World Tour - 2016", which means that it takes place in the World in the year 2016.

Bruce just speaks?! Oh dear. I expected to him to at least sing a few of the songs.

Also, Adrian's current facial hair status isn't a spoiler. He's shaved...

Amazing view, great backdrop. Was that other members of this forum making all that noise? :D

Vegas show was great, they played really well and seemed to be having fun. All around a great time, great crowd ... really into it and loud. One of the better American crowds I have seen ... possibly the best since the 80s tours. I suspect due to so many hard core fans flying in. They whole weekend was great, possibly the best part (or at least tied with the show itself) was meeting people from here on the forum. It was like coming to Vegas for a convention ... only a hell of a lot more fun. Met a lot of really cool people

At the airport, tired as hell (show just ended 4 hours ago). The amount of publicity they get from the plane is massive. A very older TSA agent seeing our shirts asked us about the show. She said there was a news story on it and that the "band must be doing something right to be flying around in a plane like that". A few other airport employees asked about it as well, one said he arranged his lunch hour around seeing the plane land.

At the airport, tired as hell (show just ended 4 hours ago). The amount of publicity they get from the plane is massive. A very older TSA agent seeing our shirts asked us about the show. She said there was a news story on it and that the "band must be doing something right to be flying around in a plane like that". A few other airport employees asked about it as well, one said he arranged his lunch hour around seeing the plane land.

I was also asked about the band and their plane by three different airport employees: a TSA security guy, the boarding agent, and some random mechanic standing on the jet bridge. Maiden certainly lit Vegas on fire. I had a blast meeting all you fellow Maidenfans!

For those staying spoiler-free, good for you! You're in for a brilliant show.

I was also asked about the band and their plane by three different airport employees: a TSA security guy, the boarding agent, and some random mechanic standing on the jet bridge. Maiden certainly lit Vegas on fire. I had a blast meeting all you fellow Maidenfans!

For those staying spoiler-free, good for you! You're in for a brilliant show.

For sure. Beyond a 2 hour nap on the plane, I have gotten zero sleep since the show, I am still incredibly amped up from it. Just amazing how great they played and probably my favorite stage of theirs since Somewhere on Tour in 1986. Amazing all around

Awesome show. The security guy in Toronto pulled me aside for a "private screening" so he could ask how it was. 60 year old man, fan since Number of the Beast. I told him he better be ready to rock for the new stuff!

Can anybody comment on the sound? Especially the drums. On some cellphone recordings drums sound really powerful, on the others they do not.

I felt the drums, like, physically, in Las Vegas. The guitars sounded low in the mix on the floor, but were apparently better sounding in the bowl. Steve was definitely clear.

Sound in the bowl was pretty good, except for when the sound guy missed his cues at the beginning of some of the solos (usually Adrian or Janick's, Dave was always boosted fairly well). Drums were mixed well, but I honestly didn't hear Steve as much as I would have liked. Bruce was perfectly set in the mix and even a little loud, which I vastly prefer.

Back